Arthur "Art" Mathews
- Accidental Pervert: Is actually this about 90% of the time.
- All Men Are Perverts: Not as much or as loudly as Pip, though.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Child Hater: Has a rather comical rivalry with the local kids. [[Downplayed]], but somewhat justified as they often pick on him specifically and seem to have somehow acquired military training and weapons, such as tear gas.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Grumpy Bear: Rather ill-tempered, but still an OK guy.
- Only Sane Man: When he's not succumbing to Not So Above It All tendencies.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His actual name is Arthur Mathews, but most people just call him Art.
- Token Human
- Walking Techbane: Technology explodes in his presence.
- Wardrobe Wound: Nonchalantly inflicted by Kat's claws, as an excuse to go shopping. "You're paying for that!"
Kathleen "Kat" Vance
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fries Art's saves in the microwave. Also gets better at games while she's grumpy.
- Brainy Brunette: Colorations of her depict her with light brown fur/hair.
- Cat Folk: Less humanoid than the classic Japanese Cat Girl, but still essentially a woman with cat ears and tail.
- Covert Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker
- Furry Reminder: Generally she acts like a human, but she does have a problem resisting dangled yarn. And she once brought Art a dead bird as a 'gift'.
- Gamer Chick: Loves her Street Fighter.
- Genki Girl: At times.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Played with. Only seen to drink on holidays, and when she does, she inevitably ends up with a horrendous hangover.
- Plucky Girl
- Shopping Montage: Leading to a small Retail Riot. Twice.
- Tsundere: She's rather moody but generally nice.
Phillip "Pip" McGraw
- Adventures In Coma Land: Locks himself in a fridge during a power outage and does a quest from Fallout 4. The arc concludes with Art giving him CPR.
- All Men Are Perverts: So much so that he apparently has hidden cameras in the house for when the sexual tension between Art and Kat finally reaches its breaking point.
- Break the Cutie: What Hilary did to him.
- Comedic Sociopath: Often cowardly while at home, but he sticks up for his friends during the battles in later arcs.
- Everything's Better with Penguins
- Furry Reminder: Pip has one of these when Kat is chastising him for not wanting to feed Leonard. He points out that his natural paternal instincts do make him want to feed Leonard, but he's fighting it because birds feed their young by regurgitating food into their mouths. Pip has another reminder when it comes up that he has to "double flush" when he poops because "birds can't chew".
- Jerk AssPip:(referring to the deadly button in that will kill someone in exchange for a reward if he presses it)"I even held it down".
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Massive lenses that completely hide his eyes.
- Petting Zoo People: He has ridiculously long legs (and elbows), compared to a regular penguin!
- Pity Sex: From Hilary. Well, partly.
- Sarcasm-Blind: One time when he asks Art if the latter has a huge sum of money to cover his eBuy purchase, Art nonchalantly says he has tons under his bed, and Pip tore Art's mattress to find out:Pip: I see naught but lint and springs...
Art: Sarcasm, Pip, sarcasm!
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Iz shiny!
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Colourful Theme Naming: With her sisters.
- The Cutie: Along with her sisters.
- Dreadful Musician: Kat and Art have. Once Pip even sent her to sing to Kat as a prank, while she was hungover.
- Fiery Redhead
- Funetik Aksent: To reflect a general simple-mindedness.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Even without her sisters, she's capable of devising spectacular gadgets.
- Genius Ditz
- Genki Girl
- Gone Horribly Right: 'Fixing' the gun replica from the comics convention.
- Hive Mind: With her sisters. Their connection is the reason why Scarlet is such a ditz early on.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Though she's not so innocent that she doesn't appreciate a gender flipped version of this trope
- L33t L1ng0: Her name is spelled 5C4RL37.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Originally a once-in-a-while gag to show off her Hidden Depths. It turns out to be an aspect of the squirrel hivemind she belongs to.
Violet, Amber and Jade
- Colourful Theme Naming: With Scarlet.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Hikikomori: Due to OZBASIC making them agoraphobic.
- Hive Mind
- Idiot Hair: Amber's ahoge.
- L33t L1ng0: Their names as spelled are V10L37, 4M83R, and J4D3.
- Mad Scientists
- Out of Focus: Even after they find a work-around for their fear of open spaces, they're rarely featured.
- Satellite Character: They're practically never seen apart. Justified: their minds work better when they're within (telepathic? radio?) range of each other.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Severe agoraphobia, forced upon them to keep them from running away like Scarlet did. They also have to stay close to each other or end up half-wits until they rejoin the hive.
- Speak in Unison: They do this when their Hive Mind intelligence is at its zenith, since they are thinking on the exact same wavelengths and thus reach the same conclusions.
- The Chew Toy: Bordering on Cosmic Plaything.
- Cool Pet
- Everything's Better with Platypi
- Lovable Coward: Like the rest of them, scared of random insects around the house.
- Nearly Normal Animal: The only character in the main cast that doesn't speak. But he can hold chips in his... webbed feet?
- Team Pet
- The Klutz: Things fall on him, get tangled around him, and knocked down by him. Even when Kat first receives him, he tumbles out of the box.
- Aura Vision
- Experimented in College: Implied. During a fan Q&A with various Jolly Jack characters when asked if there she was more than friends with Kat she shrugged the question off answering "It was college."
- I See Dead People: She's friends with the ghost of Bram Stoker.
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Of Corsets Sexy: Her primary outfit consists of a black leather corset-style bodice and skinny jeans.
- Perky Goth: She gives most of the credit to caffeine.
- Super Speed: She uses a  to dodge Kat's camera in this strip. "I am teh Nimble Kitty Poet!"
- Affably Evil: He doesn't bear anybody ill will, it's just that their suffering amuses him.
- Evil Is Hammy
- Harmless Villain: He starts off being a minor nuisance around the house...
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: He was just warming up.
- The Napoleon
- Special Person, Normal Name: Specifically, a Tomthe Dark Lord. "The world shall soon tremble at my name, for the day of Jack is at hand!"
- Adorable Evil Minions: While following Jack.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Heel–Face Turn: Like ants, they have to have a master. Kat and Art don't want to be that master (and they really don't want Pip or Scarlet to be that master).
- Living Shadow
- Mundane Utility: What they're used for.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Evolved from the shadow of a hanged man.
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore: Pretty much her motivation for 99% of everything she does. In fact, the reason she hates Kat is because they both had the same Pink Pony lunch box as little girls, and Hilary was afraid that Kat would take attention and popularity away from her because of it.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Bleached Underpants: Her early career in... films... is an Old Shame.
- Break the Haughty: Losing her job.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Subverted. Her seeming affection to Pip was just a ruse and she's still just as horrible as before.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Why does she hate Kat so much? She had the same Pink Pony lunchbox as Hilary when they were both kids.
- Evil Redhead: Colorations depict her with red hair.
- Hair-Raising Hare: She may be attractive, but she revels in the misery of others.
- Hello, Nurse!
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk
- Sex for Solace: Averted.
- Buxom Is Better
- Ms. Fanservice: To the point that Mr. Jackson once orders her to undress in camera to boost site viewing.
- The Quiet One - or is it The Voiceless?
- Satellite Character: To Mr Jackson.
- Aliens Speaking English: Albeit in the clipped, pseudo-BASIC of a robot.
- Cargo Ship: Falls in love with a soda machine.
- Mechanical Life Form: A robotic alien.
- You, Get Me Coffee: His role during the invasion was to collect cow lips.
- Expy: Of Mr. Tumbness.
- Squick: In-universe, he literally has no thumbs, but carries the severed digits around and even tosses them at the flying gorilla guards.
- Evil Is Petty: The reason she put the land of Narni-Narni-Nar-Nar in eternal winter is so she would have an excuse to wear fur-lined robes.
- Expy: Of the White Witch of Narnia.
- Squick: The power of the sun didn't quite repair her face correctly.
- Expy: of Aslan.
- Naked People Are Funny
- The Good King: Certainly seems to have the attitude.
- Mr. Fanservice: King Liam is handsome, built like a brick house, and is ALWAYS naked.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Comes with being naked for ALL your on-panel time.
- Cargo Ship: With Vanessa...
- I Call It "Vera": ...Who is her personal dressmaker dummy.
- Companion Cube: In a lesbian relationship with a mannequin.
- This Is Unforgivable!: She's still... sore about what Art and Pip did to Vanessa.(Upon seeing Art again after presumably a very long time) MURDERER!
- Your Makeup Is Running: To show how messed up she became after losing 'Vanessa', she's seen with her eyeshadow smeared all around her eyes.