Characters: Kimagure Orange Road
The characters from Kimagure Orange Road!
- Alliterative Name
- Betty and Veronica: The Archie to Hikaru's Betty and Madoka's Veronica.
- Butt Monkey: There is no episode where something hilariously bad doesn't happen to this kid.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Kyōsuke wouldn't have had to keep up the charade with Hikaru for as long as he did if he had just told her about his true feelings upfront. Then again, he is the Poster Boy for Indecisiveness. (It doesn't help his situation that Madoka, due to her feelings of loyalty for Hikaru, keeps pushing Kyōsuke and Hikaru together despite having feelings for Kyōsuke herself.)
- Clueless Chick Magnet
- Covert Pervert: When he thinks about Madoka.
- The Ditherer: Indecision is his middle name.
- Image Song: "Bayside Dancer"
- Intrepid Reporter: In the second movie, Kyōsuke grows into one of these (as a wartime photographer in the former Yugoslavia).
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Madoka's Masculine Girl.
- Nice Guy: Though not exactly flawless, he does have a kind heart underneath the indecision and the laziness
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: With Madoka. He's the puppy.
- Psychic Powers: He's a rather powerful telekinetic, and can potentially Time Travel and hypnotize... himself.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Savvy Guy to Hikaru's Energetic Girl.
- Shrinking Violet: A male version.
- The Ace
- Action Girl: In the first episode she takes on and defeats five male delenquents.
- Aloof Darkhaired Girl: She's a beautiful brunette, who is also cool, composed and aloof.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Hikaru's Betty for Kyosuke's Archie.
- Bokukko: When she was a little girl.
- Broken Bird: This is especially evident in both the next-to-last manga chapter and the first movie, but arrived at in significantly different ways.
- Cool Big Sis: Towards the younger kids.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Japanese Delinquents: She is an ex-sukeban, and she's still feared and hated due to the bad fame she acquired.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Two girl are attracted to her; Kyōsuke's psychic cousin Akane and one-episode character Shiori from the anime.
- First Girl Wins: in whichever timeline you look at it.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: She's a good person, but her past as a delinquent has totall tainted her rep at school (save for Hikaru and Yuusaku). It's only after the Kasugas approach her that she starts to be seen in another light.
- Image Song: "Whispering Misty Night", "Kaze no manazashi" (used in one of the OAV's when she covers for Yukari in a contest)
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The dark to Hikaru's light.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: How they started, actually.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine Girl to Kyosuke's Feminine Boy.
- Meaningful Name: Madoka's name references the night and darkness.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is the source for most of the series's fan service.
- Odd Friendship: With Hikaru.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: She's the pitbull.
- Sexophone: Her first theme song, Madoka no Teema and she's a great Sax player herself.
- Tsundere: One of the first well known ones. Her complex personality is favourably compared to more modern ones: yesh, she's moody, but she does more than screaming and beating up her love interest
- Alliterative Name
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Madoka's Veronica for Kyosuke's Archie.
- Character Exaggeration: In the anime, she goes from a genuine Genki Girl to a straight ditz.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: With borderline Yandere-like tendencies in the first movie, though this is slightly more understandable as not only she's very young but overly stressed over an extremly important audition for a movie and having juuuust found out about Kyosuke and Madoka.
- The Ditz - Dumb Blonde: In the anime.
- Genki Girl
- The Glomp: "Daaaarliiiiiing!"
- Image Song: "Kogane iro no sakamichi"
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Madoka's dark.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To Kyosuke.
- Meaningful Name: Hikaru's name references the sun and light.
- Odd Friendship: With Madoka.
- Romantic False Lead: Poor girl, she never had a chance to win.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic Girl to Kyosuke's Savvy Guy.
- Shorttank: Hikaru mixes this with some Kawaiiko traits.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She's seen riding on a punk's motorcycle and at first likes Kyousuke for making a super 3-pointer, but soon comes to love him for being a Nice Guy. Conversely, Yuusaku tries to woo her witrh his karate skills, but she totally rejects him.
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- Alliterative Name
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Big Eater: Justified, she's the most gun-ho in the use of her powers and wastes lots of energy on it.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She has a weird but lovable personality. She's a bit of a ditz as well.
- Genki Girl
- Image Song: "Yasashii jealousy", alongside Manami.
- Lethal Chef
- The Millstone
- Psychic Powers: Again, telekinesis and hypnosis. More than once she manages to hypnotize her brother, and she often uses her telekinesis on the family cat Jingoro
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Manami's blue.
- Shipper on Deck: For Kyousuke/Hikaru in the manga.
- Big Eater: Again, justified. She doesn't use her powers as much as Kurumi does, but they still drain her. Not to mention, she often uses them to fix Kurumi's messes...
- Blind Without 'Em: Poor, poor Manami.
- Image Song: "Yasashii jealousy", alongside Kurumi.
- Meganekko: Manami has one of the more dedicated fanbases in KOR fandom, and her meganekko status plays an important part of this.
- Only Sane Woman
- Not So Above It All: She has also a wild side (often thanks to Kurumi's influence).
- Psychic Powers: Telekinetic as everyone else, might be a technopath as well.
- The Quiet One
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Kurumi's red.
- Shipper on Deck: For Kyosuke/Madoka in the manga.
- Team Chef
- Team Mom: She even helps keep her father in line when he's a little too lax in parenting.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She is reserved and domestic but Beware the Nice Ones as she is prepared to use telekinesis when the situation calls for it.
Voiced by: Kei Tomiyama
- Good Parents: Is shown as a gentle guy who really loves his three children.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Married into the Kasuga family since his wife Akemi was the only daughter.
- Muggle: The only non-empowered Kasuga
- Team Dad
Voiced by: Yumi Takada (anime)
- Death by Childbirth: She died few after the twins came to this world.
- Posthumous Character
- Psychic Powers: Like her kids, a telekinetic.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She was kind and sweet, but also stubborn and willing to bend the rules a little if she felt it was the right thing to do.
Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (anime)
- The Chew Toy: Among the few who are more unlucky than Kyosuke.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Hikaru makes it clear that she doesn't want to date him, yet he keeps going on no matter what she says and often acts like she's his personal property.
- Funny Afro: See his hair?
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Hikaru.
- Yandere: Towards Hikaru, though his self-inflicted bad luck interfers with this.
Seiji Komatsu and Kazuya Hatta
Voiced by: Keiichi Nanba (Komatsu) and Naoki Tatsuta (Hatta)
Voiced by: Naoko Matsui (OVA)
- Psychic Powers: Aside of being a telekinetic, she's a Master of Disguise who can make you believe you're interacting with someone else with some bits of hypnosis.
- Shipper on Deck: Introduced as a Hikaru/Kyousuke fan. In fact, she was very pissed at Madoka because she mistakenly thought she was Kyousuke's "other woman"... until she saw her and became infatuated with her.
- Token Yuri Girl: Though there are hints she's more of a token bisexual.
Voiced by: Chika Sakamoto (anime)
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Actually, an annoying younger cousin. Then again, he's just five.
- Child Prodigy: For a five year old, Kazuya actually has a surprisingly good control over his abilities.
- Hypocrite: He makes fun of Kyosuke to be indecisive. Turn out that he is in the same situation with two little girls.
- Mouthy Kid: Sometimes.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Basically, Kazuya looks like a tiny Kyousuke. This is lampshaded by Komatsu and Hatta.
Voiced by: Yoshiko Sakakibara (Madoka's mom), Hideyuki Umezu (Madoka's dad)
- Elegant Classical Musician: Madoka's mother is a famous violinist and hinted to be the one she inherited her looks from.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Madoka once runs away from home when she mistakenly thinks her dad's two-timing her mom.
- Parents as People: They love Madoka and she loves them back, but they travel through the world due to their job and only appear counted times. And we never see their faces clearly.
Madoka's older sister
Voiced by: Maria Kawamura (anime)
- No Name Given
- Promotion to Parent: She raised her little sister Madoka in lieu of the Ayukawa's heavy workload, until she got married.
The Kasuga grandparents
- Flower From The Mountain Top: Granpa asked Takashi to bring him some ice from the mountain as a proof of his love for Akemi. He succeded. With secret help from Akemi herself.
- Psychic Powers: Which the Kasuga kids inherited
Voiced by: Kenichi Ogata
- Butt Monkey
- Canon Foreigner: Only exists in the anime. He's actually hilarious
- Mega Neko: In the Top Gun parody episode.
Voiced by: Eiko Yamada (speaking voice), Kanako Wada (singing voice)
- Cool Big Sis
- Idol Singer: She is the singer of her and her boyfriend Shu's pop band.
- Image Song: "Salvia no hana no you ni"
- Mrs. Robinson: Kyousuke thinks she wants him, at first, and imagines the scenario.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships her boyfriend's cousin Madoka with Kyousuke. She even uses a long red thread to kinda link them up as she's performing.
- The Tease
Voiced by: Shigeru Nakahara
- Romantic False Lead: Averted. Kyousuke thought he was this, but he is Madoka's older cousin. Having Yukari playfully mess with the idea in his head didn't help.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: He and Yukari
- Tall, Dark and Handsome