The group consisting of characters from various fantasy media who interact with magic of all kinds ranging from ponies to spellcasters and individuals who use magic-based weapons, equipment and techniques. The party is informally known as the The Merry Magical Mob.
open/close all folders
Alvin (Real Name: Alfred Vin Svent), played by LatverianBadger
Suave mercenary extraordinaire and very, very
experienced deceiver; Alvin finds himself yanked out of his home world Rieze Maxia to join the Taskforce.Although there's one little minor thing: Rieze Maxia isn't his homeworld. He hails from another world known as Elympios, and has been delving in the spy business with the mysterious group known as Exodus to find a way back home. Frankly, this experience of being transported to yet another world, even further away from Elympios, may not bode well for him.
He's a badass Red Lantern, mind you.
Atrocitus is an enemy of the Guardians of the Universe and Sinestro, their former Green Lantern. The demonic Atrocitus was directly responsible for the death of Abin Sur and, later, Sinestro's turn to evil. His rage is the rage that fuels the entire Red Lantern Corps, for he forged the Red Central Power Battery by his own hand. There is a reason for his anger, however: the murder of his beloved by the Manhunters in the Massacre of Sector 666
When the rogue Manhunters rampaged through Space Sector 666, Atros was one of only five beings in the entire sector to escape death, having been forced to witness his own wife and daughters killed by one of the rampaging robots. Renaming himself "Atrocitus", he and the other four survivors formed a terrorist cabal known as the Five Inversions, bent on the destruction of the Guardians of the Universe and all who served them, with Atrocitus serving as their leader. The Five Inversions performed a ritual which allowed them to peer into the future and discover the prophecy of the Blackest Night, which decreed that all life in the universe would end. Forming an "Empire of Tears", the Inversions attempted to destroy the Guardians, but were defeated and imprisoned on the planet Ysmault.
Some time later, Abin Sur began making periodic visits to Ysmault, and began to ask questions regarding the Blackest Night. Sur even went so far as to free Atrocitus from his imprisonment so that he could lead the Green Lantern to Earth, the prophesised birthplace of "the black" that would one day end the universe. Taken to Earth by starship (due to fellow Inversion Qull predicting that Sur's ring would one day fail him when he most needed it) and bound by energy restraints created by Sur's ring, Atrocitus instilled fear in his captor, allowing the yellow impurity to seep into his willpower constructs and weaken them enough to allow him to break free. After slashing the Green Lantern in the chest, mortally wounding him, Atrocitus jumped from a point high in Earth's atmosphere to escape Sur's failing ship.
"Objective: gather remains. Give father funeral."
A fourteen-year-old Wizard, and the daughter and heir apparent of the late Emperor Arthur Gaz, ruler of the now fallen Gaz Empire. She is on a quest to gather her father's remains (which were scattered among the eight heroes who slew him during the war) in order to give them a proper burial, and is willing to go to any lengths to acquire them. Despite that, she is a sweet and rather naive kid, who happens to suffer amnesia regarding the five years after the war. As a Wizard, she is trained in magic channeling and engineering, but lacks almost any other skills.In reality, though, she is not the only one claiming to be Gaz's daughter, as there are multiple Chaikas roaming around, all of them looking to obtain Arthur Gaz's remains for different purposes.
- Amnesiac Hero: Her memories of the period after the war where Gaz died are vague at best, apparently due to her having used them as magic fuel.
- Awesome but Impractical: Chaika's spells are quite powerful, but have long cast times and cannot be toned down. She also can't move while casting them, which makes them rather ineffective if she fights alone. And, were she to run out of magic fuel, the only available substitute would be her own memories.
- BFG: Chaika's weapon which looks like a bolt action sniper rifle, although it's more frequently used as a Boomstick.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Has rather thick eyebrows for a girl.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She is quite good at using magic, but bad at almost everything else.
- The Cutie: According to Bolin.
- Determinator: It is very hard to stop her when she sets her mind on something. Specially regarding her father's remains.
- The Ditz: Clumsy, innocent, naive and with a very limited skill set. However, she still is a top-notch Wizard and magic engineer.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: Chaika speaks only broken and disjointed common language, but she is perfectly fluent in her native Laake. She still insists on speaking common, though.
- Fallen Princess: She is the one and only daughter and heir of Arthur Gaz. At least as far as she knows.
- Friendly Sniper: Her Gandr looks like a sniper rifle and she is rather nice.
- Goal in Life: To gather her father's remains and give them a proper burial. She doesn't have any other goals besides that, which is in part why she is so determined to gather them no matter the cost.
- Mystical White Hair: She is a white-haired Wizard.
- Plucky Girl: Even in dire circumstances she keeps her kind and innocent demeanor.
- Purple Eyes: Particularly rare in the world she is from. A common trait among all Chaikas, however, alongside the white hair.
Fletcher Renn, the Last Teleporter. Casually dumped into the game a few hours after fighting a Magical World War, Fletcher has taken the situation in his stride. Kinda helps that he knew about the Multiverse beforehand.
Hattori Hanzou is Tokugawa Ieyasu's loyal Ninja. Obsessed with darkness, death and shadows, this taciturn individual will do anything for his lord. Having successfully assassinated Toyotomi Hideyoshi, he was torn from his rightful place and forced to participate in the hunt for Sifuri.
- Cool Mask: Wears a scarf and a headdress that only leave his eyes and a nasty scar visible.
- Doppelgänger Attack: He can create a number of ethereal clones via his Ninjutsu.
- Elemental Powers: He is able to use various powers through Ninjutsu and Hand Seals:
- Flash Step: He can silently and instantly glide along any surface.
- Ninja: Naturally.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: His outfit isn't exactly stealthy and quite a lot of his attacks are rather flashy.
- The Stoic: Even beneath his scarf his face is stony in extremis.
Maria Renard is a vampire huntress and a distant relative of the Belmont clan. She is a girl of aristocratic blood with strong magical potential and one of the maidens Richter Belmont has to rescue during the events of Rondo of Blood. She is able to summon four guardian spirits: Genbu, Byakko, Suzaku and Seiryuu. Maria has a honest personality, and she is a tough fighter. She is the little sister to Richter's fiancée Annette Renard and was later adopted by the Belmont family in Castlevania Judgment. She appears in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
and Castlevania: Judgment
Rayman, played by Dezmo
Rayman is the hero of the Glade of Dreams, a world created from the dreams of the deity Polokus the Bubble Dreamer. Rayman was created by the Nymphs, Polokus emissaries, to combat evil and cheer up Polokus when he was plagued by terrible nightmares. He succeeded, and has been the Glade's guardian ever since. A kind hearted and fun loving being, when there's evil to fight, Rayman will always be there to help.
A Swedish knight in service to the Catholic Church, and accomplished vampire hunter. After being killed by the TATARI and resurrected by another incarnation of the same, Riesbyfe's life became tied to that of the alchemist Sion Eltnam Atlasia, and she has since served as Sion's bodyguard, constant companion and also breadwinner. Her personality flips like a switch from an eccentric and blunt layabout, to a stern and serious soldier. Also, exceptionally good at playing the cello, and no slouch at any other stringed instrument.
In battle, she wields an enormous Pile Bunker
/shield hybrid in the shape of a cello, called Gamaliel Ichthys, the True Apocrypha.
Dragged into the quest for Sifuri right out of a pleasant meal with her friends in Cafe Ahnenerbe
A known descendant of the first Sarutobi Sasuke of the Sanada Ten Braves, a groups of known anti-demon ninjas responsible for sealing off yokais in order to prevent them from conquering Japan in the middle of a civil war. In modern times, Sasuke is known to be a slacker and a hot blooded young man who often gets into trouble. It got worse when he and his friend Saizou accidentally realized the yokais, although this was thanks to the cunning of the yokais to get their demon power back. He accepted the role as Ninja Red of the Ninja Sentai Kakurangers in order to seal off the yokais again once more as a means of atonement and to protect the people of Japan from being overwhelmed by the yokais. From time to time, Sasuke finds time to help fellow rangers when needed.
As a Kakuranger, Sasuke has access to a variety of ninja weapons and magic techniques. His specialty is the use of cloning-based magic, which enables him to create doppelganger images of himself to confuse enemies in the middle of battle. Sasuke has been thoroughly trained to use the Doron Changer to change from his civilian form to ranger form, enabling him to gain access to his equipment and greatly use his ninja magic.
- Ninja: Of the Sentai variety.
Don't underestimate her size. She can hold out on her own.
Shantotto is a non-playable character from Final Fantasy XI, and an unlockable playable character in Dissidia: Final Fantasy
and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy/ She is a Tarutaru Black Mage from the Federation of Windurst and a hero of the Crystal War. She is famous for her iconic laugh and her habit of speaking in rhyme. She is a central character in the expansion pack, Final Fantasy XI: A Shantotto Ascension - The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born. For the purposes of the RP, she has experienced the events of said game and expansion pack, followed by her initial summoning by Cosmos and two or three cycles of war against Chaos, before escaping the conflict
and hanging around in the Dimensional Rift
for a while, continuing her research into magic in relative peace.
Shantotto is a Tarutaru and as such is short in stature, about 3'0'' in height. Much like the rest of her race her physical appearance stays the same regardless of how old she becomes, though despite her youthful appearance she is quite old, even by Tarutaru standards. She has deep brown eyes and blonde hair, which she keeps held up in two pig-tails with red and blue ribbons.
Within the RP she is currently wearing the Sorcerer's Attire, the Black Mage Relic Armour from Final Fantasy XI and the EX mode appearance for her first alternate outfit in Dissidia, which consists of a long black coat with a purple trim, gold decorations and a white collar, black and grey striped pants and black boots (for some reason, she's not wearing the pointy hat). She also carries a customized staff that can act as any of the six elemental staves carried around by ordinary Black Mage adventurers, switching it's elemental affinity instantly in response to her magic.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Teacher: Although it's not her usual speciality, she has attempted to teach White Magic to both Lyna and Twilight Sparkle after noting that the group lacked a healer.
- Black Mage: This is literally her job description.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Got rather snappy at Lyna for calling her 'Shanty' despite being warned against it, and proceeded to blast her with an Aero spell.
- Elemental Powers: Her main ability. Includes:
- Gratuitous Latin: Uses Latin invocations to activate her spells.
- Killer Rabbit
- Little People: She is a Tarutaru.
- Noblewoman's Laugh
- Older Than They Look: Tarutaru stop physically aging once they reach adulthood, but have the same lifespans as humans. Shantotto could well be 50, or older.
- The Red Mage: Can now use both White and Black magic, although she's better with Black.
- Rhymes on a Dime, although she stopped doing that after using an experimental shapeshifting spell on herselfnote .
- Simple Staff: She could whack people with it, as a last resort.
- Squishy Wizard: Easily the most versatile member of the magic team. Also one of the most physically frail.
- Standard Status Effects: Can inflict a whole plethora of them.
- Super Mode: Manafont, which also counts as a Limit Break. Also an example of Hour of Power, since the ability only lasts for 30 seconds.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Has set her home-point to the Magic ship, allowing her to return there at any time (and bring one person with her, even if they're not a member of the Magic team). More recently, she's learned a more general short-range teleport spell.
- Token Evil Teammate
- White Mage: Her penalty for dying in the Warhammer 40k challenge was to be transformed into a Mithra White Mage. She's changed back since but she retained this as her subjob, giving her access to White as well as Black magic.
I won't spoil things about him.
A mysterious warrior with great wisdom and strength, Sheik is one of the last surviving Sheikah in Ocarina of Time. He aids Link on his quest without really describing who he is or why he is doing so. He has great advice, wisdom, and knowledge of the world, making him an invaluable ally for Link. Sheik also teaches Link various warp songs with the use of his harp.However, Sheik is merely another identity of Princess Zelda as a means of hiding herself from Ganondorf when Link was not available to fight him. With voice muffled and face concealed, as well as wearing a form-fitting blue unitard with the red Sheikah eye in the center, Sheik is unrecognizable as Zelda.
- Attractive Bent-Gender
- The Hero: So far, Sheik's managed to pull together the group and has even made a "who's with me?" speech.
- Last of His Kind: Sheik, according to himself - or is he?
- Magic Music: Makes extensive use of the Warp Songs featured in Ocarina of Time to calm people down and relieve tensions.
- Ninja: Although outright stating that he is not one, his tactics in battle basically qualify him as one of these.
- Only Sane Man: Is often times the voice of reason among the group.
- The Strategist: Often ends up coordinating the Mob's movements through his telepathic abilities.
- Weak, but Skilled: Is not that powerful compared to certain other members of the team, but makes up for it with his skill at using his powers and his perceptive wisdom.
"The folks in Hell consider you evil just for living a long life. How rude."
A wicked hermit from China, Kaku Seiga has been alive for over 1400 years. Abandoning her family at an unknown point in her life to study Taoism, in the end she became a hermit. She later went to Japan to further spread Taoism, before eventually ending up in Gensokyo.
- Necromancer: Technically. She can raise jiangshi as her servants. Has not done it much since Commorragh though, mainly due to a distinct lack of corpses.
- Token Evil Teammate: Inadvertently ends up killing the prisoners they were trying to save, is among the least disturbed by the Dark Eldar, and turns corpses into jiangshi. She isn't actively trying to be evil though, she's simply amoral and very self-centered.
"The cold never bothered me anyway..."
The young queen of Arendelle. Blessed with Suck
as she believes for she wields immense ice powers that she never tried to control. Ever since the accident with her sister Anna, Elsa saw her powers to be something that must be contained. Unfortunately, she could only ever hide for so long; she loses control after a sharp clash with her sister on the eve of her coronation. This sends Elsa running off on a self imposed exile.
Where she is promptly dumped into Taskforce Sifuri. Though overwhelmed at first, Elsa is beginning to slowly piece herself together. After all, losing control of her ice powers in front of so many people would be out of the question.
She loves fighting. That's for sure.
Toph Beifong was an earthbending master, one of the most powerful of her time, and the discoverer of metalbending. Blind since birth, Toph was constantly treated condescendingly because of her disability and stature, especially by her overprotective parents. Upon discovering badgermoles, earthbending animals who were also blind, she learned how to use earthbending as an extension of her senses. This gave her the ability to "see" through every tiny vibration that passes through the ground.
Having developed her own unique style of earthbending, Toph acquired a toughened personality and became famous for winning underground earthbending tournaments under the title of the "Blind Bandit", behind her parents' backs. Although initially uninterested in directly aiding the war effort, she eventually chose to leave behind her old life, and travel with Avatar Aang and his friends as his earthbending teacher, when her parents finally became unbearable for her. Toph's total mastery over earthbending, unique personality, and thoughtful pragmatism made her a valuable addition to the team.
- The Nicknamer: Already apparent, though thankfully she's not tried to nickname Shantotto yet. Given her world, she'll at least know how to counter an Aero spell.
- She has nicknamed Shantotto, with the same nickname that Lyna gave her. Shantotto retaliated with a Bind spell this time around.
- Berserk Button: She's not a child, damn it!
- Creating Life: She finally succeeded, rendering Shanghai and Hourai fully autonomous. Unfortunately, one's a clingy mute and the other's a child.
- Immortality Begins at Twenty: Subverted, she became a youkai magician at fourteen and hasn't aged since.
- Stalker with a Crush: She was planning to take a walk before being grabbed... a walk that would take her past Marisa's bedroom window.
Cassandra Sandsmark/ Wondergirl
Caillou is, at first glance, simply a young boy in odd-looking clothes. You call him a "boy" at your own peril, however - despite his age, Caillou is an accomplished magician and is very proud of his achievements. Even though he's young, he speaks and acts in a fashion far beyond his years (usually), and seems to expect to be treated like an adult in kind.
Caillou is a magic-user, and has all kinds of spells at his disposal. He's a bit fragile, but his repertoire of special attacks is unmatched, having six different skills to use.
One of the first members to arrive in the new world, he managed to adjust quickly to the others and what was going on around him.
- Black Mage
- Homing Projectiles: Gemini Force acts as this when used as an attack.
- More Dakka: Sparkburst fires out a huge burst of arcane missiles at the target.
- Only Sane Man: Was one of the few people not to get caught up in a squabble on the magic side involving nicknames.
- Tagalong Kid: He's the only child in the group and obviously, the youngest out of everyone there.
Ermac is a hive-minded ninja, a collective of souls fused together in humanoid form. He was once a servant of evil, but the warrior Kenshi gave Ermac free will. With the newfound ability to choose his own destiny, Ermac joined the forces of light to atone for his actions in the name of Shao Kahm.
He walks through it.
Kane is a troubled figure from the world of WWE
, with a strange power over the elements of fire and lightning and a level of insanity that should
be nearly crippling. Instead, it seems to fuel him and makes him unpredictable at the best of times. His past is shrouded in mystery, and it's not known if anything he claims about it is true.
Born in darkness, clad in darkness...
Koragg was formerly a sorcerer by the name of Leanbow, who sealed the Master, a monstrous being of dark magic, down into the depths of the underworld. However, he was converted into Koragg to act as The Master's Dragon
. Koragg kept some aspects to himself, like his code of honor. Eventually, one of the leaders of the underworld, Imperious, held a trial for Koragg to accuse him of treason. However, before Koragg could challenge Imperious to a fight, he was dragged to an alternate dimension by Moja. Now, he's a knight hired by Moja to look for Sifuri.
Koragg is a skilled Swordsman with a shield capable of firing off energy blasts in the form of wolf heads at people. He can also summon his horse, Catastros, and fuse with him to make either a centaur, or a devastating golem known as the Centaurus Wolf Megazord, though it seems that something is preventing him from achieving the latter.
One of the first to be selected, and the first member of the team to die, as well as the first member to kill someone.
Kribnefka, before ascending to godhood, was a Dragonborn Sorcerer on a quest to stop an army of half-demonic kobolds from ravaging the surface world. Through creative use of magic, a silver tongue, and the companionship of the Orcish swordsman Grotsnak Spineshatter
, the human cleric Rex Stranglehold
, the gnome druid Serbanis, and an elven Warlock who never gave a name, Kribnefka was able to overcome any challenge. His ultimate challenge was reaching the Starstone- an artifact that would allow any who touched it to become a god. Kribnefka passed the test by cheating, which he was surprised to find out was expected of him.
As god of Fraud, Deceit, Trickery, and Negotiation, Kribnefka grants spells that help the caster be more convincing, trustworthy, and forceful of personality.
A level 3 Light attribute Spellcaster Duel Spirit from Duel Monsters World, and a member of the Charmers archetype. With an ATK of only 500, she's never going to be an offensive powerhouse, but she does what she can to help. She is accompanied by her familiar, the Happy Lover
, a winged puffball that is constantly fluttering around her.
Ratheln is a Wesnothian
Silver Mage. One of the latest additions to the group, he joined shortly before they were thrown into a mysterious sea and encountered another mostly-hostile group
- Badass Beard
- Playing with Fire: The Wesnothian Silver Magi are a secretive brotherhood formed from the Red Magi's ranks; as such, they are privy to many fire-related spells.
- Teleport Spam: The Silver Magi special ability and Ratheln's favoured tactic in battle.