Tropers: Deadbeatloser 22
Does Exactly What It Says on the Tin
. I write bad fan-fiction in my spare time (which I have a lot of right now) and have been preemptively banned from playing Munchkin
- Screen name: Deadbeatloser22
- Age: 22
- Nationality: British / English
- Current Occupation: Student (BSc Applied Criminology, University of Derby)
- Hobbies: Building things, writing, lurking on the internet
- Pet Hates: Shoehorned yaoi, Aggressive Fanboy/Fangirlism (Twilight fans, I'm looking at you here!)
Notable Tropes that apply to me or the things I've written:
open/close all folders
Found by me
- Asperger's Syndrome: One of the many things quote-unquote "wrong" with me. And before y'all start complaining, that's a professional diagnosis.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: How I managed to have six fanfics on the go at once.
- Berserk Button: Never, ever accuse me of just being an attention seeker. Because when you've had to endure four years of people writing off any complaint you make of bullying as this, you really get fucking sick of it.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I am known to be a fair man, until I am pushed.
- Blind Without 'Em: Not really. I can still see without my glasses on.
- Catch Phrase: Wait, what? (Although on the forums this has been semi-supplemented by an Image Macro of Rainbow Dash saying the same thing◊, if not outright retired due to complaints.)
- "Welcome to my world" seems to be popping up a lot on the forums when a new player in an RPG complains about struggling to keep up because of time-zone issues.
- "I need coffee" tends to show up in discussions when I've just read something mind-crushingly stupid or downright bizarre.
- Cat Boy: At least on some forum threads. It slowly seems to be spreading to more and more though.
- Chaotic Good: I think.
- Dandere: Let's just say that when people start comparing me to Fluttershy, they're not that far of the mark.
- Dragged by the Collar: I seem to dish this out occasionally, although not as much as I used to. Usually involves the handle on the top of someone's rucksack.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Right now, I have Sora, Roxas, Black*Star, Soul, Kagami, Fate and Yuuno on my bed, and Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Patamon by my monitor. (They used to be on my montior, but upgrading from a CRT to a flatscreen meant I couldn't do that any more.)
- There's also various Pokémon on my shelves, most notably an almost life-size Oshawott.
- Guilt Complex - Extreme Doormat variety.
- Headphones Equal Isolation
- I Call It "Vera" - Computer hardware seems to get named after K-On! characters; I named my MacBook Mio and my currently unfinished desktop Azusa.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time - My choice of username.
- Megane: Borderline example. Mostly because I tend to wear contacts when I'm not at home.
- Nameless Narrative - Sort of; usually when I introduce a character, they will go unnamed until their name is used in dialogue. However, this varies from fic to fic. I've also had to stop using it in free-form because it doesn't work there.
- Not a Morning Person - Very much so. Can take up to an hour before I'm coherent enough to do anything complicated like get out of bed.
- Oblivious to Love - Certainly seems that way.
- Older Than They Look: Has been pointed out by a few people.
- Running Gag - The majority of my Wikia userpages have a quote from Skippy's List at the top. Sometimes they're vaguely on topic (for example, on the Yu-Gi-Oh! wikia) but most aren't.
- Also, if a free-form RPG requires that characters are introduced arriving via a portal of some description, whatever character I play will inevitably be thrown out the other side and smack head first into the furniture.
- "(Dated Pop Culture Reference)... And now I feel really old." has shown up a few times now.
- Self-Insert Fic - A lot, mostly due to creative bankruptcy.
- Teens Are Short - currently clocking in at 5' 5" (ish). Probably no longer applies since I'm not a teen any more.
- The All Solving Hammer - First thought when a bit of flat-pack furniture gets stuck? "Hammer."
- The Southpaw - Yup, I'm a leftie.
- Uke - Mix of cheerfull / hyperactive and angsty / brooding. Mostly the former.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid - Ten years ago I wasn't anywhere near as jaded, cynical and pessimistic (or just outright depressed, since I might actually be none of those.) as I am now. The short explanation? Kids Are Cruel.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants - how I write anything at all.
- Writer's Block - Oh so very much.
Found by other Tropers