Besides the fact it's animation and not live action, one major factor that separates it from Dan Schneider's other shows is that it follows the two shorts format of having 11 minute episodes instead of 22 minute stories. There's also no Laugh Track. Because it's a cartoon.
The principal cast members of Henry Danger reprise their roles for this series, including Jace Norman, Cooper Barnes, Michael D. Cohen, Riele Downs, Sean Ryan Fox, Ella Anderson, and Jeffrey Nicholas Brown.
It is unknown whether or not it will have a second season following Dan Schnider's exit from Nickelodeon on March 26, 2018.
You can watch the show here.
This show contains examples of:
- And Then What?: Henry and Ray question why Daddy Long Legs wants to cover Swellview in flying spiders in the first place. The man doesn't have an answer.
- Animated Adaptation: It's a cartoon based on Dan Schneider's own Henry Danger.
- Butt-Monkey: Charlotte.
- Denser and Wackier: The original show had some semblance of reality despite its superhero premise. This show fully embraces its cartoony nature.
- The Generic Guy: Not much stands out about Henry here.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- In "Popcorn Monster", the titular monster slams Captain Man's crotch on a fence.
- In "Clone Babies", Henry and Ray are playing a game which the whole premise is to...uh, cut off the other character's butt.
- Same episode. Using clone babies as meat shields.note
- Heroes With Fs In Good: Captain Man and Kid Danger fall into this trope big time. You can't even call these guys "heroes" at all!
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: At the beginning of "Popcorn Monster", Henry mumbles "First episode..." in his sleep, mentioning that this is the first episode of the series.
- Limited Wardrobe: Unlike the show, there is only one animated model for their civilian clothes. This is lampshaded in Pink Rocket when Henrys car cake ruins his only outfit.
- No Respect Girl: Charlotte.
- Only Sane Woman: Again, Charlotte.
- Role Reprisal: As mentioned above, the principal voice cast for the live action series reprises their roles for the animated series.
- Quarter Hour Short/Two Shorts: In contrast to its parent series, the 22 minute runtime is made up of two 11 minute segments instead of a continuous 22 minute runtime.
- Simple Black Eyes: Unlike the Motion Comic web series, every character is drawn with regular black eyes here.