Amanda Leigh "Mandy" Moore (born April 10, 1984) is an American pop singer and actor, best known for looking pretty and turning out to be quite a bit more talented than you'd expect from someone so ornamental.
Moore released her first album, So Real, in '99. She was the last of the "pop princesses" to debut, following in the footsteps of Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson. While successful through the early 2000s, she was frequently compared to said fellow pop artists. It wasn't until Moore's fourth album, released in '03, that she came into her own as a musician.
Moore also transitioned over to acting during this period, headlining The Film of the Book A Walk to Remember opposite Shane West. Critics had some good things to say about her performance. Gamers will also be pleased to note that she had a brief turn voicing Aerith Gainesborough in Kingdom Hearts (before being replaced by some combination of Andrea Bowen and Mena Suvari). Her next major film role was the Darker and Edgier Saved!, a Black Comedy satire of Christian High School life; it's quite obscure, but people liked what she did with the role. She has had TV roles on The Simpsons, Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs, opposite then-boyfriend Zach Braff. Most recently, she voiced and sang for the Disney princess Rapunzel in Tangled, which predictably did some pretty good things for her career considering how well it was received. She went on to play the titular role in Sheriff Callie's Wild West, an animated Western for Disney Junior. She currently stars in This Is Us, as a mother to three children.
Moore, who was married to country singer Ryan Adams, returned to music in 2020 with her first album in 11 years, Silver Landings, and has even ventured into fashion. She is currently married to musician Taylor Goldsmith and they have a son, August.
- The Princess Diaries (2001)
- A Walk to Remember (2003)
- All I Want (2003)
- How To Deal (2004)
- Chasing Liberty (2003)
- Saved! (2004)
- Racing Stripes (2005)
- Romance And Cigarettes (2005)
- American Dreamz (2005)
- Entourage (2005)
- Scrubs (2006)
- The Simpsons (2006)
- How I Met Your Mother (2007)
- Because I Said So (2007)
- License To Wed (2007)
- Tangled (2010)
- Grey's Anatomy (2010)
- Love Wedding Marriage (2011)
- Tangled Ever After (2012)
- TRON: Uprising (2012)
- Max Landis' The Death And Return Of Superman (2012)
- Sheriff Callie's Wild West (2013)
- Sofia the First (2014)
- This Is Us (2016)
- 47 Meters Down (2016)
- Tangled: The Series (2017 - 2020)
- The Darkest Minds (2018)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
- Midway (2019)
- So Real (1999)
- I Wanna Be with You (2000)
- Mandy Moore (2001)
- Coverage (2003)
- Wild Hope (2007)
- Amanda Leigh (2009)
- Silver Landings (2020)
- Alliterative Name: Works in two ways, as a fan of hers on Twitter pointed out that when she was married to Ryan Adams, she could be addressed as "Mandy Moore" or "Amanda Adams".
- Break Up Song: Majority of the Wild Hope album.
- The Cameo: From one of her brothers in her "Candy" music video.
- The Cast Show Off: In a few of her movies. The Princess Diaries featured her character performing "Stupid Cupid" at a beach party for no real reason. Not that we're complaining.
- Cover Album: Coverage contains old classics she was inspired by when she was young.
- "Days of the Week" Song: Mandy claims to be able to break your heart any day of the week. Do you doubt her?
- Does Not Like Shoes: Which a certain Princess also doesn't like to wear...
- Intercourse with You: Gardenia.
- God-Is-Love Songs: Contributed a version of "Only Hope" by Switchfoot to the A Walk To Remember soundtrack, playing up this angle. The fact that her version is the more popular version cemented the song's place in this category.
- Music Is Politics: Fell victim to this at first.
- New Sound Album: Technically Coverage was when she started showing off her alternative roots.
- Rock is Authentic, Pop is Shallow: She completely disavowed her first two teen pop albums, and since then she became more of an alternative artist. She seems to have softened on this, as she celebrated the 20th anniversary of "Candy" in 2019 warmly.
- Self-Deprecation: Often makes fun of her feet for being size 10.
- Shoe Size Angst: See above.
- Statuesque Stunner: Hey, some people like tall women, considering that she's 5'10"!