Akfamilyhome is a YouTuber from Hong Kong that mainly makes videos on Nintendo games. His reviews, trivia videos, and other major productions make up his "Core Videos" series, but he also uploads Let's Plays, live reactions, high quality video game rips, and more. His core videos and live reactions are posted on his main channel, Akfamilyhome, while his livestreams and rips are posted on his second channel, Akfamilyhome2.
Akfamilyhome provides examples of the following tropes:
- April Fools' Day:
- Author Appeal: Loves referencing games like Rhythm Heaven (and rhythm games in general), Warioware, HAL Laboratory's library (particularly Kirby, BoxBoy!, and Part Time UFO), and smaller Nintendo titles like Pushmo.
- Cover Version: Akfamilyhome frequently posts music covers that are made in WarioWare D.I.Y. Some of these covers are of Rhythm Heaven, Splatoon 2, LazyTown, and more.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Akfamilyhome's earliest videos were about funny Windows errors and Super Mario 64 content. He didn't even upload his first Let's Play series until four and a half years after the creation of the channel.
- Extremely Short Intro Sequence: His intro sequence is about 10 seconds long.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In the beginning of "A look at the Virtual Boy", he watches a Virtual Boy meme on his laptop. In the bottom left, the uploader is shown to be "A Doofus" with Akfamilyhome's profile picture, and the description reads "Unpause the video and continue watching you dummy".
- Instrumental Theme Tune: The short, retro-style instrumental theme tune was composed by Toxic Geek.
- Level Editor: In "Old Mario Flash Games", he mentions that he used to have a lot of fun making custom levels in the Mario fangame Super Mario Flash. Some of the levels he made were titled "Maths Lesson", "Pipe And Die", and "Original World 1-1".
- Sturgeon's Law: This is discussed in "Old Mario Flash Games":
- I still wanted to see how well these games have held up, and whether or not some of the games have aged over the years. Spoiler alert, most don't.