Alex Day is a YouTuber and musician from England. He is better known as Nerimon on YouTube. Created the card game Sopio. Aside from his own career, Alex was known as Wednesday on the FiveAwesomeGuys channel in 2008, and was a member of Chameleon Circuit.
Tropes used by Alex Day:
- Crossover: Sometimes with Charlie, his cousin Dan, Liam Dryden and others.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Formerly, with Charlie McDonnell/charlieissocoollike, as before the scandal they were as thick as thieves. Nowadays, not so much.
- I Am the Band: Plays all the instruments for his solo albums.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks!: Alex's opinion in "I Hate Mario Kart Wii" is that "winning just feels lame, and losing is where all the fun takes place".
- Limited Wardrobe: The guy owns four t-shrts. Literally only four.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: In two parts.
- Alex was accused of being emotionally manipulative by several users on Tumblr and by some old friends such as Lex and his ex-girlfriend Bekka, as well as his apparent disregard for consent. This led to a huge backlash as well as a large number of subscribers ditching him, and many of his one-time friends went on to declare that they would not be hanging around with him in any capacity. Many Forbidden Planet stores have stopped selling Sopio decks, with a publisher for Alex's first book scrapping it barely weeks before its intended release date, and Alex was forced to go underground for several months, with no tweets or new videos.
- An ill-attempted comeback in May 2014 went unnoticed until September, at which point the community rallied against him and demanded he leave permanently. He eventually attempted a full-on comeback in October that year and managed to sell some copies of his book, but was met with stiff resistance by the community at large, including many of his one-time friends. His channel began to lose even more subscribers until it went below one million (his all-time high being 1.1 million) and he declared the channel largely dead in May 2015 in favour of "The Daily Day", another venture which he soon began to ignore in favour of nerimon once again.
- Take That!: Alex Reads Twilight is basically a huge one to the Twilight franchise.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: "Sonic Doesn't Need a Story" and "Pokémon, What Happened To You?" are both songs that deal with this.
- We Used to Be Friends: He used to be one of the most popular British YouTubers on the site, and was particularly good friends with Liam Dryden and Charlie McDonnell. However, the scandal caused both Liam and Charlie, plus many other content creators, to publicly end their friendship with him.