Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam (born April 16, 1973) is an American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor.
He released his solo debut album, Trouble, in 2004, which found success. Bolstered by his newly-found fame, he established two record labels: Konvict Muzik and KonLive Distribution, which allowed some other artists, like Lady Gaga and T-Pain to get their start.
He has since gone on to release three more albums, and also made guest appearances and produced with many other artists. He is also the first solo artist to hold both the number one and two spots simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100 charts twice.
- Trouble (2004)
- Konvicted (2006)
- Freedom (2008)
- El Negreeto (2019)
Tropes in his works:
- Apologises a Lot: "Sorry (Blame It On Me)".
- Intercourse with You:
- Most of his songs qualify.
- "Right Now (Na na na)". "I WANNA MAKE Up RIGHT NOW NOW NOW". His rather conscious effort to emphasize that they have to make up "right now" and wanting to "tease, squeeze and please her" leaves little to no free interpretation as to what he could mean anyway. Also some lines replace up with love, as in make love.
- Especially "I Wanna Fuck You" (the airplay version is "I Wanna Love You").
- Parodied in his collab with The Lonely Island, "I Just Had Sex."
- Sexiness Score: "Sweetest Girl" has the eponymous girl being described as a "ten".
- Three Minutes of Writhing: "Sexy Bitch" features dancers in bikinis.