The Thwomps is a web series by Newgrounds user Ian Kelly, known more as psycosis91.
This series provides examples of:
- Art Shift: Happens to Thwomp 1, due to a magic blast from a Magikoopa, and through use of the original spriter's set of custom graphics. Thwomp 2 helps him get back to normal, starting with the original sprite from Super Mario World, to a Crazy Thwomp, to a Real Stone Thwomp, and back to the cartoony design used in the series
- Bathos: When the Thwomps were going to finish Bowser off, the movie suddenly turned into a parody of Tetris.
- Big Damn Movie: Episode four is twice as long, and is titled "Thwomps: the Movie".
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: After almost getting killed, Thwomp 1's last wish is the time warp.
- Drunk with Power: Thwomp 2.
- Easter Egg: Thwomps 2 and 3 contain hidden Easter Eggs that mostly contain random looped animations.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Thwomp 2.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's a series about thwomps.
- Facepalm: Thwomp 2 after seeing the Pokeys making a suicidal attack on a building.
- Floating Limbs: The thwomps all have hands but no arms.
- Glad I Thought of It:
Thwomp 1: What we need to do is to gather all Thwomps, and take over!
Thwomp 2: That's a stupid idea. What we need to do is take over, by gathering all the Thwomps.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Done twice in one sentence:
Thwomp 2: My fellow Thwomps, Thwimps, Whomps, Whacks, and... pimps...
Pimp Thwimp: 'sup?
: ...and that boss from Oracle of Ages
that was pretty easy to kill!
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Luigi to Mario.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: The Thwomps before the movie.
- Large Ham: Thwomp 2 and sometimes Thwomp 1.
- Mundane Solution: Why go parody old legends to get a Thwomp out of jail, when you've got a Gameshark?
- Only Sane Man: Luigi.
- Reset Button: The time warp.
- Road Runner vs. Coyote: The original series runs on this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: Marty, the green thwomp, upon seeing Mario and Luigi.
- Slow "NO!": Thwomp 2 makes a short one when Thwomp 1 dies.
- Silent Conversation: Thwomp 1 has one with Marty; it turns out even he couldn't hear it.
- Slow-Motion Drop: The mop.
- Subverted with the hat: A Lakitu is holding it with a fishing pole.
- Song Style Shift: Caused by Pimp Thwimp. Normally his car plays Snoop Dogg, but someone else's CD is in the player, switching it to The Beach Boys.
- Shoot Everything That Moves: Mario wants to squish everything.
- The Ditz: Mario.
- Taking Over the Town: The Thwomps plan to take over Bowser's castle.
- The Starscream: Thwomp 2.
- Too Important to Walk: The two main Thwomps are usually seen riding a flying platform with wings.
- Took a Level in Badass: The Thwomps went from IneffectualSympatheticVillains to being able to take over Bowser's castle.