Through The Woods is an Object Show created by ClumsyCaterpillar, with the first episode released on December 15th 2012. As of 2020, the series has 8 episodes. A Sneak Peek of episode 9 has been released, but the release date is unconfirmed.
Unlike other object shows, Through The Woods is a musical, which means that there is at least one original song in most episodes. Also, the competition part of the object show begins on episode 5.
Through The Woods provides examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Everyone in the show, except for Mr. Lion, is an anthropomorphic object.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Some of the characters. note
- Armless Biped: You guessed it! note
- Butt-Monkey: Cupcake. She gets kicked off a cliff, and gets ridiculed by some contestants.
- Hated by All: Played with for Cupcake. In the episode Color Bomb, Gumdrop tells Cupcake to shut up and claims that no one likes her (Cupcake). Most members of the Whimsical Washing Machines also dont really like Cupcake too. However, Marker and Ice Cream step in and claim they actually like Cupcake.
- Airhorn is this to Cupcake. As an example, he kicked her off a cliff.
- Some other members of the Whimsical Washing Machines seem to have a grudge over Cupcake too. When Cupcake offered to share her squeaky mushroom with Envelope, the latter rejected the offer because it had "Cupcake germs all over it".
- Gumdrop steals Swimmy from Bowling Ball in episode 8. She also had shades of it in the same episode to Cupcake during the elimination, as she told her to shut up, because nobody liked her.
- Nice Girl: Cupcake is this in the show, being nice to everyone. Though, not everyone in her team likes her.
- Practical Currency: Its implied in episode 8 that objects can pay with jars of jelly.
- Shout-Out: Bowling Ball sings a song about her desire for Swimmy, who was taken away by Gumdrop, in Color Bomb for the talent contest. The song is sung to the tune of Primadonna by Marina Diamandis, from her Electra Heart album.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: Carrot was upset that nobody liked his voice, so he went over to Mr. Lion to ask for a new voice. The new voice he received was Siri, and he tells others about his new voice, and even wanted to sing. Ketchup stopped him from singing.