Super Robotnik Land
is a strange Platform Game
developed by a YouTube
user called Dezzan, based on the "Robotnik and His Gameboy
" YouTube Poop
by CraaazyCat13 and on the Memetic Mutations
present in YouTube Poop
It was released in 2008, and can be freely downloaded for PC here.
This video game provides examples of:
- Advancing Boss of Doom: During his first battle, his brief encounter in the third level, and the first phase of his second and final battle, KINGMAN can't be attacked and Robotnik can only run from him while jumping over obstacles and avoiding pits.
- Ascended Meme: The entire game was based off a "game" from a YouTube Poop. Not to mention Robotnik using his "pingas" as a weapon, a reference to an infamous meme from the Adventures of Sonic cartoon.
- Big Fancy Castle: The eighth and final world takes place in Hyrule Castle, where Robotnik faces off against Fari, BOMBMAN, and KINGMAN.
- Bookends: KINGMAN is the first and last boss.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: KINGMAN.
- Degraded Boss:
- Subverted with KINGMAN. After first appearing in the game as the first boss, he makes another appearance as an obstacle in the third stage, but ultimately is fought at the end of the game as the final boss.
- Played straight with BOMBMAN. In his first fight, attacking him requires waiting for him to drop the rope and climbing it to reach him. During the rematch against him in the final level, he is completely in Robotnik's reach and can easily be attacked while avoiding the bombs he drops.
- Difficulty Spike: Starting from 3-1.
- Fake Difficulty: The buggy elevators. In all fairness, the game maker did not intend them to be so.
- Fan Disservice: Robotnik's means of attack is by using his "pingas".
- Feed It a Bomb: The method of defeating HUNGRYMAN, or at least angering him enough to the point of eating you.
- Flunky Boss: DODONGOMAN summons Dodongos to attack Robotnik, HUNGRYMAN regains health by eating the caterpillar enemies and must be harmed by tricking him into eating bomb enemies, and the final battle against KINGMAN will have him summon Sonics during the second phase of the battle where Robotnik is actually able to attack him.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Not quite, but Robotnik does use his (clothed) pingas as a weapon.
- Gag Penis: Exploited. Specifically, weaponized.
- Groin Attack: Inverted; Robotnik attacks with his groin!
- Jungle Japes: The third world takes place in a jungle. The boss of the world is INSTRUCTIONSMAN.
- The Lost Woods: The seventh world takes place in a haunted forest. The boss of the world is DIEMAN.
- Luck-Based Mission: INSTRUCTIONSMAN, who must be killed by having Robotnik jump into a book with 3 diagonal dots. The book will either kill Robotnik or INSTRUCTIONSMAN.
- The Many Deaths of You: A variation. Whenever Robotnik dies, he will say "I hate that (insert enemy or boss that hit him or word relating to it)" twice in a row. Other hazards will just play a Smash 64 sound effect.
- One-Hit Point Wonder: Robotnik himself dies the instant he gets hit.
- Pre-Final Boss: In Hyrule Castle, Robotnik fights BOMBMAN a second time before the final showdown with KINGMAN.
- Prehistoria: The fifth world takes place in a prehistoric jungle, where George the Volcano and Tyrannosaurus Alan can be seen in the background. The boss of the world is HUNGRYMAN.
- Puzzle Boss: DODONGOMAN can only be attacked by killing the Dodongos while he's hovering over them, INSTRUCTIONSMAN has to be defeated by jumping into a book with three diagonal dots on its cover (which also has a chance of killing Robotnik), and BOMBMAN can only be attacked during his first battle if Robotnik waits for him to drop the rope and uses it to reach him.
- Recurring Boss: Both KINGMAN and BOMBMAN are fought more than once.
- Retraux: As the original YouTube Poop was about Dr. Robotnik playing a fictional Game Boy game, this game's graphics are mostly monochrome to make it seem like an actual Game Boy title.
- Sequel Hook: When you beat the game, KINGMAN tells Robotnik that the Mushroom Kingdom is under attack, and a pipe leading to it is right next to him, so Robotnik goes down the pipe. Upon arriving at the Mushroom Kingdom, Robotnik meets Luigi, who wants revenge on him for killing INSTRUCTIONSMAN. Cue TO BE CONTINUED...
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The fourth world takes place in a snow-covered forest. The boss of the world is BOMBMAN.
- Tactical Suicide Boss: Taken to an extreme by BOMBMAN, who, for no conceivable logical reason, drops rope which only serves the purpose of letting the player climb up to him and attack him.
- Tyop on the Cover: The game's menu screen tells you to press F1 for an "Intruction Book". Though, given everything else about the game, it may have been part of its Stylistic Suck.
- The Unfought: At the end of the game, it is revealed that KINGMAN was put under a hypnotic spell by Zelda. While Robotnik never fights Zelda in the game, KINGMAN does punish her.
- Vulgar Humor: As mentioned above, Robotnik uses his pingas to attack his foes.
- Womb Level: The sixth world takes place inside HUNGRYMAN, where GOANDKILLMAN hides.