Fan-made Video Game Demake for PC, reimagining the Super Smash Bros. series as it may have appeared on the Game Boy. It features four playable characters from the original games (Mario, Kirby, Link, and Pikachu) and two new exclusive unlockable characters.
It was released in September 2011, and it can be downloaded for free at its official website.
This game provides examples of:
- Artifact Title: Since the Game Boy only has two buttons, one of which is the jump button, and a D-pad as opposed to a joystick (and C-stick), players cannot perform Smash attacks (or tilt attacks, for that matter), although some of the Smash attacks themselves have been integrated into the characters' streamlined movesets.
- April Fools' Day: For April Fools' Day 2011, it was announced that Rebecca Black would replace Master Hand as the Final Boss. Her boss music would be a chiptune version of "Friday," and her attacks would consist of "Weighing Conundrums such as which seat to sit in, Explaining the Days of the week, Eating Cereal, Getting Down, Looking Forward, [and] Riding in the Back of a Car." Sprites of her are actually Dummied Out in the game!
- The Cameo:
- The Kirby Air Ride stage features several enemies from their respective series as well as Meta Knight; bumping into any of them will cause contact damage.
- The Moon from Majora's Mask appears in Clock Town, but like in Termina: Great Bay from Super Smash Bros. Melee, it's merely a background set piece.
- As in SSB, Saffron City features occasional appearances by Chansey, Venusaur, and Electrode. Likewise, Gastly and Haunter appear in Lavender Town, carrying temporary platforms.
- Endless Game: Endless Mode, which is available once you unlock the two hidden characters.
- Fanfare: The classic victory fanfare returns, this time in glorious chiptune.
- Final Boss: Unlike the source material, it's not Master Hand, but rather Mega Man.
- Mascot Fighter
- Ring Out: The goal of each fight, as you may expect.
- Secret Character: Mega Man and Vaporeon, the latter being quite the unexpected addition.
- Secret Level: Several levels can be unlocked: Underground, Kirby Air Ride, Clock Town, Lavender Town, Dr. Wily's Castle, and Battlefield.
- Shout-Out: Well, yeah, it's a Smash Bros. game, but special attention must be given to the Tower Of Heaven stage, complete with divine commandments and the resulting Bolt of Divine Retribution for falling to follow them.
- The Smurfette Principle: Vaporeon, who is referred to as such in-game.
- Spiritual Predecessor: To Rivals of Aether.
- Thinking Up Portals: A staple part of Vaporeon's game plan is her neutral attack, Water Gun, which leaves a puddle of water on solid ground. Using her up-ground or up-air will cause Vaporeon to warp to said puddle, allowing her to strike unsuspecting opponents or recover in situations where it'd otherwise be impossible. The only limitation is that Vaporeon is allotted one water puddle at a time; using Water Gun again overrides the previous one.
- Twinkle In The Sky: Sadly missing here; the characters are simply KOed in the same manner as going outside of the other boundaries of the stage.