Rock Girl R/Mega Girl R is a fan-made PC game in progress by baragon-kun (aka Gatuca), begun in March 2009 and based on the Mega Man/Rockman series of games. The game stars Roll, and features a unique cast of Female Robot Masters, as well as Waltz and Toque.
This game is similar to Rockman R in premise, except it's fully done in 8-bit graphic style, with the limited color palette of the original Nintendo Entertainment System. Rockman Perfect Memories has a forum dedicated to the game.
For any and all current developments, the source is here.
On Jan 30, 2015, the developer has officially announced they've cancelled the project, due to a combination of losing interest in it, a hard time communicating with fellow devs, and due to the developer's personal life just becoming too hard at the moment to focus on such a project anymore.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Roll and Waltz both fit, but then again so do all the Female Robot Masters, as it's an all-girl-star game.
- A Day in the Limelight: The game IS about Roll-chan after all.
- An Ice Person: Gelato's attacks are ice cream shots and freezing waves.
- Amusement Park: Gelato Girl's level is most definitely this.
- Animal Motifs: Swan Woman.
- Arm Cannon: Roll now has one just like her brother Rock!
- Ascended Extra: Roll is the main character.
- Waltz is this, having first appeared in the OCW artbook in an Alternate Universe picture.
- Ass-Kicking Pose: Can't have a Boss Battle without one.
- Author Appeal: Judging from Luau Woman's design and the enemy roster in her stage, Gatuca seems to have a fondness for hula girls.
- Cats Are Mean: Toque, Waltz's Egyptian cat-based support unit.
- Chainsaw Good: Chainsaw Woman's weapon and moveset basically run on this.
- Changed My Mind, Kid: Feather Woman was scrapped for a future project and Psy-Woman is her replacement.
- Clueless Aesop: While the game is intended to have a pro-feminist theme, the abundance of very attractive and statuesque Robot Mistresses sort of mitigates it.
- Cyber Cyclops: The Roll-Joe-bots and Devils just like in the original series.
- Expy: Waltz is this to Roll, just as Forte is to Rockman.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: As usual a weapon beats a Robot Master whose weapons beats the next, etc.
- Everyone Looks Sexier If French: This applies to Swan Woman, being now based in France.
- Flash of Pain: All foes are to do this when hit.
- Gaiden Game
- Horny Vikings: Opera Woman, of course!
- Hotter and Sexier: Compared to the other Classic series entries and fan games. However, since the series is almost completely devoid of (sexual) Fanservice, this can be more than a little jarring to longtime fans.
- Husky Russkie: Psy Woman, hence the fur-covered legs and hat-like helmet. She also has the most masculine appearance among the Female Robot Masters (Chainsaw Woman aside), which would have her be mistaken for a male if she lacked her pink eyelids and eyelashes.
- Lad-ette: Chainsaw Woman. She even has a crotch bump, for some reason.
- Lethal Lava Land: Luau Woman's entire level takes place on a French Polynesian island.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Luau Woman, if one of her likes is any indication.
- Mishmash Museum: Psy-Woman's stage is a museum in Russia, so far we only know it's a mix of history and <?> psychic powers.
- Ms. Fanservice: Some of the Female Robot Masters qualify, but Luau Woman is particularly blatant in that regard.
- Musical Assassin: Opera Woman's stage is based around Vikings, opera and noise attacks.
- Her attack also gives Roll the power to shoot music notes.
- Playing with Fire: Luau Woman and all her mooks.
- Power Copying: Wouldn't be a Mega Man game without it!
- Powered Armor: Roll's upgraded body suit, Valentine Armor, most certainly counts!
- Psychic Powers: Psy Woman's abilities consist of these.
- Retraux: As with Mega Man 9 and 10, this game is made with 8-bit graphics.
- Shock and Awe: Static Woman's Electric Touch attack.
- Shout-Out: Roll's armor and look is VERY similar to how she looks in the Rock Man: Wish Upon A Star animated special.
- This is also a canon look for Roll, as she was originally intended to have been a player character in Rockman 2: The Mystery of Dr. Wily, complete with her white and pink armor.
- In Rockman Rockman! aka Mega Man Powered Up! - Copy Roll hints at a few odd things, including her "Special Valentine Armor" of love.
- Space Jews: Some of the roster, with Luau Woman being the most obvious.
- Space Level: Lunar Woman's level looks like this and apparently has a gravity gimmick.
- Spikes of Doom: A few will be featured in levels.
- The Dragon: Waltz is this to Dr. Witty.