Suffered TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life early on, especially if they dealt with Video Games and Western Animation. Has become a bit of an edit-whore, and used to have to resist the urge to skive off work so he could make more Do We Have This One? edits than is necessary.
Falls hard on the 'idealistic' side of the Sliding Scale. Shamelessly believes in The Power of Friendship, Redemption Promotion, For Happiness, and the Rule of Fun. Good for his personal life, bad for his writing. :p
Also a fan of Avatar (the Nick series, not the Anvilicious James Cameron movie), Bewitched, Bunnicula, Jade Empire, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Young Avengers, Kim Possible, Gargoyles, Terminator 2, Buffy (OF COURSE!!!}, WALL-E, and the vast majority of the Disney Animated Canon and Don Bluth filmography. Also, anything by Diane Duane or Tamora Pierce.
Since his exposure to this site, he's also discovered the joys that are Nu Who, Wicked, Dragon Age, Fable II and III, Oblivion, Lunar, (and in 2010) Erasure, The Princess And The Frog, Eureka, and Warehouse13.
In 2011 I discovered Final Fantasy VI for the first time, and was loving Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes and Young Justice until their cancellations in 2013. Also planned on watching a metric crapton of superhero movies as they come out. ^_^ Captain America The First Avenger was the best by far IMHO.
2012 brought on a mad love for The Legend Of Korra, the Avengers movie, Brave, Rise Of The Guardians, Wreck It Ralph, and a slew of new games, like Batman Arkham City, Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning, Skyrim, Sims 3, and (FINALLY) the Mass Effect series.
In 2013, I discovered Once Upon a Time, DC Universe Online, Frozen, and started writing my own original fiction professionally. I also became the voice of Chibi-Cthulu for That Long Haired Creepy Guy's web show, Looking Back In Annoyance.
2014 brings on the advent of finally going to college, and singing an ensemble part in Avenue Q while studying multimedia technology. And a newfound obsession with Lost Odyssey. I also became obsessed with Sailor Moon (better late than never), through its second anime incarnation. Video Game/Journey holds a special place in my heart this year too.
Still not over the death of Eureka.
Spent far too much of my life following X-Men (Storm is my favorite fictional character of all time), until certain plot developments almost ruined it for him, and then other plot developments finished the job.
- Angst Aversion: I'm willing to put up with a lot, as long as I get a happy ending at the end of it.
- Asperger Syndrome: Misdiagnosed as ADD for much of my life. Basically, if I like it, I'll talk your ear off. If not, I might go thousand yard on you.
- And as of 2012, subverted, as I've been RE-diagnosed with  ADHD.
- 2013 was when the psychiatrists threw their hands in the air and said "Fuck it, he's got both."
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!. Just...Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!.
- Straight Gay: I can camp it up with the best of them, but anyone who passes me on the street or has a 5-minute conversation with me probably won't be able to tell.
- Blind Without 'Em: Blurry and double-visioned if I'm not wearing glasses.
- Brown Eyes: And I know how to use 'em.
- Geek: If I like it, chances are I'll research it to death and then talk about it until people are ready to hurt me. Badly.
- Hollywood Nerd / Adorkable: Or so others tell me.
- Berserk Button: I have a couple. Anything related to abuse or inequality will get me riled up.
- Perpetual Poverty: I'm bad with money.
- Cool Coat: As of 2013.
- And a second, in 2014. By the end of the year it was covered in paint from school.
- Polyamory: Four boyfriends, one live-in and three long-distance. Three of whom are also with each other. It works for me. :)
- Technical Pacifist: I consider myself a witch by modern standards, so I follow "An' it harm none" as best I can...but I live in San Francisco, so I carry mace as a self-defense precaution.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky / The Snark Knight: I judge things pretty harshly...and that includes myself.
- The Messiah: No, I don't have delusions. I'm just really, really nice, when I can afford to be.
- San Francisco: Home sweet home. ^_^
- Growing the Beard: A literal example. I tend to think I started finding my identity around the time I started growing a proper goatee.
- The Beard: I had one, for a while. I consider the way that relationship ended My Greatest Failure.
- Genius Ditz: 161 IQ...and I frequently walk down the street singing.
- Neutral Good: The closest thing to my actual (perceived) alignment I can think of.
- Good Is Not Dumb
- Lovable Sex Maniac: I like guys. A lot.
- Animation Age Ghetto: I take plenty of flak for most of my favorite shows being Western Animation.
- Nostalgia Filter: Subverted; one of my favorite movies of all time is 'The Secret of the Sword,' despite being fully aware of the quality of the voice-acting and Limited Animation.
- Alt Itis: I have Dragon Quest IX, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Soul Calibur V and Dragon Age Origins. Out of those six, I've only beaten Dragon Age Origins and Soul Calibur V once each. This trope is why.
- Does Not Like Guns: Not in the least.
- BFS: I have a life-size wooden replica of the Buster Sword in my apartment.
- Talking the Monster to Death: I can be a very good debater, as long as it's an issue that isn't too close to home
- It's All About Me: I'm a nice guy, but I'm also somewhat selfish.
- Angst Aversion: Oh so very, very much.
Sign the guestbook / post something clever below:
- I enjoy so great a number of works on the list you have created of works you enjoyed that I believe I must read, watch, or play the remaining number. Curses. I'm sure it'll be fun though! —Red Wren
- Fellow Aspie gay (used to be bi, but troubles with women have pushed me to the other side) Troper here. Nice page. I'm not a fan of everything you're a fan of, but I definately share your uber-Buffy fan-ness. Especially with the recent craze. I stand by true vampires, not that sparkly bullshit! Anyway, nice page, be sure to send a return comment my way. Rock on, old boi! —Blake Diamond
- (Responding to your comment on my page) Me? Crazy Awesome? Nah, you're just saying that :P