- Actor-Shared Background: Both Raven Symone and Raven Baxter are terrified of snakes.
- The Danza: Raven Baxter is played by Raven-Symoné.
- Dawson Casting: Raven, Chelsea, and Eddie are supposed to be 8th graders at the start of the show. This is even Lampshaded in an early episode where Raven goes out on a date with a 17-year-old boy: "I forgot to tell you, I'm 14. (gestures towards her body) I know, it's hard to believe!"
- Fake American: Anneliese Van der Pol, the actress who portrays Chelsea in both the original series and the spin-off, was born in the Netherlands—however, she and her family moved to the United States when she was only three, so she's spent almost her entire life in the United States (and has since become a legal citizen).
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: Geoffrey Owens plays Eddie's father, reuniting him with Raven Symone from The Cosby Show.
- Hey, It's That Place!: Raven and friends go to the school used in Saved by the Bell.
- Name's the Same: Raven has a namesake who's also a girl with psychic powers. Coincidentally, in the Brazilian dub, both of them were dubbed by the same voice actress, Mariana Torres.
- Out of Order:
- The clip show episode 'Vision Impossible' contains the happy ending moment from episode 'The Four Aces', which was broadcasted after.
- Most of the series actually suffered from this. Continuity Errors such as Mr. Lawler being promoted to principal, Raven developing a crush on Devon, and the main characters' shifting ages wouldn't have existed if Disney Channel had aired the episodes in production order. As if that wasn't enough, three episodes from the first season went unaired until Season 2 had already premiered!
- Recycled Script: Ricky Ullman played Chelsea's love interest in one episode; the turns out to be a cheater and somewhat of a Jerkass. The same plot was also used in an early episode of Phil of the Future.
- Retroactive Recognition
- Vanessa Abrams was Raven's one-time rival for Bayside's Best Dressed award.
- Cody Linley, better-known as Hannah Montana's on-again, off-again love interest Jake Ryan, appeared as Daryl, the leader of a gang of pre-teen punks who encouraged Cory to join them in shoplifting from a junk store.
- A young David Henrie, better-known as male lead Justin Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place (and Luke Mosby), played the recurring role of Cory's friend, Larry.
- Sam from the season one episode "A Dog by Any Other Name" is played by Mike Erwin, who would go on to voice the titular character in Jak II: Renegade and become his official voice actor in subsequent games.
- Of course, let's not forget Ashley Eckstein, better known to the fandom as Ahsoka Tano, played Raven's rival Muffy.
- Star-Making Role: Kyle Massey looked for work in Hollywood for a while. He and his family were in the airport and about to return to their home in Atlanta when he got his big break.
- Those Two Actors:
- What Could Have Been:
- Raven's name was constantly changing during production. Early drafts had it as Dawn, and Rose was another popular contender. They changed it to Raven when they cast the lead actress. According to Annelisse van der Pol, Chelsea's name was originally supposed to be "Emma."
- Raven Symone actually auditioned to play Chelsea. Additionally Annelisse van der Pol was turned down for the part of Chelsea. When shooting the pilot, Raven said she preferred Annelisse for the part and she was subsequently cast.
- There was supposed to be a spinoff called Better Dayz starring Alyson Stoner. The show would later be developed into Hannah Montana, Cory in the House became the spin-off instead.
Trivia / That's So Raven