- Billing Displacement: Earth, Wind & Fire only has a few minutes of actual screen time.
- Breakaway Pop Hit: A Trope Maker. The only attention the film even gets anymore is because of its soundtrack.
- Follow the Leader: Discussed in-universe by Coleman and his girlfriend. The label has signed The Pages mainly because other family acts had made it big for other labels.note
- Old Shame: Earth, Wind & Fire were proud of the soundtrack but hated the film. They though the script was bad, didn't like the limited role they actually played in the story, and were annoyed when Sig Shore decided to make the film his directorial debut after promising them that he'd get a big-name director for it.
- Unintentional Period Piece: There's no question which decade this film was made in. There's even a long scene set at a roller disco.
Trivia / That's the Way of the World