- Completely Different Title: The Hungarian title of this episode is "A próbababák támadása" (The Attack of the Mannequins).
- Content Leak: The episode was leaked onto the Internet in early March 2005, prior to the television broadcast. The version leaked to the Internet used a remix of the Tom Baker-era theme rather than Murray Gold's and was also missing the Next Episode preview.
- First Appearance: Of Rose Tyler, Jackie Tyler and Mickey Smith.
- Self-Adaptation: Russell T. Davies later wrote the official novelization of this episode, released in 2018.
- Unintentional Period Piece: You can tell the episode is set in the early 2000s because Rose has to visit Mickey's flat to look something up on the Internet.
- What Could Have Been:
- Paul McGann was willing to return as the Eighth Doctor for the new series. However, Russell T. Davies was adamant on starting the revival fresh with a completely new Doctor. There was then talk of bringing McGann back at least to shoot a regeneration sequence at the beginning of the episode, but Davies decided it would be too confusing for new viewers.
- Davies offered Edgar Wright the opportunity to direct the episode, but Wright was forced to decline, as he was still working on Shaun of the Dead.
- In the scene where the Doctor is in Rose's flat, the original script called for the Doctor to stick his entire head in the cat flap. But when they got it, it was far too small.
- Working Title: The episode name was gradually shortened; in Davies' pitch it had been called "Rose meets the Doctor, and the journey begins", on his contract "Rose Meets the Doctor", and finally "Rose".
Trivia / Doctor Who S27 E1 "Rose"