- We're supposed to believe that Rose doesn't notice her boyfriend has turned into a life-size Ken doll.
- Before that the bin eating Mickey... and then burping.
- Special Effects Failure:
- The scene where a Nestene-controlled plastic wheelie bin eats Mickey has already aged particularly poorly.
- The Photoshopping of the Doctor into the crowd at the Kennedy assassination is less than convincing.
- Uncanny Valley: The Mickey mannequin may have been intended as this, with his fixed smile, shiny plastic skin, and repetition of words... however the way "Mickey" looks and talks makes it more funny then creepy.
- Visual Effects of Awesome:
- March 26, 2005, teatime. The first new episode in just under a decade has begun to air, and after just a minute or so, there's two of these: the beautifully rendered title sequence of the TARDIS traveling through the fiery time vortex and then the shot of Earth in orbit, which picks up speed as it moves toward London.
- In the original "Spearhead from Space", the Autons are magnificent examples of Uncanny Valley that traumatised the nation in a way that most other monsters in Who never did save the Daleks. However, The BBC did not have the budget to show the glass on the windows breaking, so they cut away from it. This is why it's Awesome when they do have the budget to show the Autons breaking the glass. The almost pornographic attention paid to the effect is joyous, and a total celebration of what they can do now.
YMMV / Doctor Who S27 E1 "Rose"