Sir David Suchet, CBE (born 2 May 1946) is an English actor with an extensive career on stage and television.
His portrayal of Poirot is considered by many as the definitive for the character, and he is to this day the only actor who has played in adaptations of every story of Agatha Christie's Poirot canon, doing so over nearly twenty-five years.
Works on TV Tropes:
- The Professionals (1978) as Krivas (episode "Where the Jungle Ends")
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1982) (1982) as Clopin Trouillefou
- Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984) as Buller
- Iron Eagle (1986) as Ministry of Defense Col. Akir Nakesh
- Harry and the Hendersons (1987) as Jacques LaFleur
- Agatha Christie's Poirot (19892013) as Hercule Poirot
- Executive Decision (1996) as Nagi Hassan
- A Perfect Murder (1998) as Mohamed Karaman
- The In-Laws (2003 remake) as Jean-Pierre Thibodoux
- Flushed Away (2006) as Rita's Dad
- Arthur and the Invisibles (2006) as the narrator
- The Bank Job (2008) as Lew Vogel
- The Hollow Crown: Richard II (2012) as Duke of York
- Peter Pan Goes Wrong (2016) As Himself / The Narrator
- Doctor Who (2017) as the Landlord (episode "Knock Knock")
- His Dark Materials (2019) as Kaiser
Tropes in his works:
- Badass Mustache: As Hercule Poirot, naturally.
- Plays Great Ethnics: He has played quite a few Middle-Eastern characters while he's of Lithuanian Jewish and British descent.