- Adaptation First: In a double-whammy example of Sequel First as well, the first facet of the franchise to receive an English translation was the animated adaptation of Nisemonogatari.
- Development Hell: To quote the fans, "KIZU WHEN?"
- Officially broken free from hell as of the 10th of October 2015, with the announcement that Kizumonogatari will be adapted into three films, the first coming out on the 8th of January 2016.
- DVD Commentary: The DVD Commentary consists of the characters, not the voice actors, MSTing their own show, with dialog written by the original author.
- Fan Nickname:
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Hitagi's dad is another not-so-good father for Fumihiko Tachiki (Gendo)'s list.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Tsubasa Hanekawa and Koyomi Araragi were Kaji Tetsushi and Ayu Tateishi, respectively
- Senjougahara, Karen, Ougi, and Hachikuji are Homura, Sayaka, Mami, and Kyubey.
- Koyomi and Karen Araragi are Izaya and Mairu Orihara, while Nadeko is Anri and Suruga is Celty.
- Hiroshi Kamiya and Marina Inoue (along with Miyuki Sawashiro, Kana Asumi and Yui Horie) were previously featured in Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei before appearing in Owarimonogatari.
- Araragi and Oshino have both voiced Rohan Kishibe, in All-Star Battle and the anime respectively.
- Schedule Slip: Shaft had numerous issues meeting the production schedule for Bakemonogatari, meaning several shortcuts had to be taken in animation. This came to a head in episode 10, which was forced to air in an obviously half-finished state with color cards labeled "cut due to circumstances" taking the place of unfinished sequences. Animation quality recovered for the final two TV episodes, though episode 12 was broadcast with a narrower aspect ratio ("CinemaScope size") to save on animation costs. The web episodes are a whole other story: episode 13 took a month and a half to go online; episode 14, another three and change, followed by a three-month delay in the release date of the final DVD volume.
- Sequel First: Well, it's a prequel, but the second installment of the series, Kizumonogatari, was the first of the novels to be released in English.
- Star-Making Role: Nadeko for Kana Hanazawa, who was quickly pigeonholed into playing similarly timid, fragile young girls. Ironically, Nadeko eventually takes a turn for the insanely, murderously possessive, turning Hanazawa's archetypal "soft-spoken cutie" role into Playing Against Type!
- Talking to Himself: Hiroshi Kamiya voices Koyomi Araragi and Seishirou Shishirui.
- What Could Have Been:
- Shinobu was originally going to be voiced by Aya Hirano; in fact, she does voice the character in the Hyakumonogatari drama CD, and was even advertised in the credits of the first season as her voice actress despite Shinobu having no lines. However, at this time Hirano was having problems with her agency and the role was given to Maaya Sakamoto by the time of the character's first major speaking part in Karen Bee.
- Negi Haruba (of The Quintessential Quintuplets fame) was one of the nominees to draw the manga adaptation, but the position went to Oh! Great instead.
- The Wiki Rule: The Bakemonogatari Wiki.
- Working Title: Monogatari Series Second Season was originally promoted as Zenmonogatari ("Every Story"). The title was changed possibly because not every story is covered; as the final title implies, it only covers the "second season" of the novel series—and with Hanamonogatari being cut at the last minute, it doesn't even cover the whole second season.
Trivia / Bakemonogatari