The year is 20XX, in Neo Kyoto City. Its the start of the school year, as you are all new to the local high school, Tatsumi High, whether having been residents of the city for your entire lives or newcomers from the countryside, ready to seek a living in Neo Kyoto. The raging trend nowadays is Millenium, a MMORPG focusing on the concept of Time, and featuring various tarot cards. It came out of nowhere to become one of the most played games in the city- seemingly harmless.
Players of Millenium have disappeared from all over Neo Kyoto, found dead or comatose shortly after. The police are utterly stumped by the deaths, and have attempted to track down the makers of Millenium to no avail. They simply blamed it on overexertion and exhaustion from playing games for too long.hu
You were selected for other reasons.
Through analysis, you were selected- not for having played Millenium, but for being resistant to its effects- and above all, the power of Persona.
The OOC thread.
) is a Bay 12 roleplay
hosted by ElfCollaborator
. Taking place in Neo Kyoto City, the protagonists are ordinary students
who, amidst mysterious disappearances and deaths pertaining to the new MMORPG Millennium
, are suddenly thrust into the timeless world of Achronos
, where Shadows abound. This sudden thrusting awakens their Persona, allowing them to fight against the Shadows and rescue people from Achronos while trying to understand the meaning of the Timeless Realm.
This roleplay contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Heavily implied for Nadeko.
- All-Loving Hero: Tohru is canonically confirmed to be literally incapable of hating people.
- All Men Are Perverts: Karma and Kiyoshi, if less so (and mostly OOC) with the latter.
- An Adventurer Is You: Everyone, due to the Affinity system, has a different skillset allowing them to fall into several classes:
- Badass Teacher: Miss Aisaka, who takes on Shadows without a Persona and is the main characters' homeroom teacher as well as their supervisor for Achronos expeditions.
- Eldritch Location: Achronos. The Achronal Zones count as well.
- Elemental Powers: The Affinity system allows people to specify the element their attacks will be drawn from:
- Impaled Palm: Branson does this to himself to test the effects of his physical vulnerability.
- Invocation: Not mandatory but helps the characters summon their persona.
Virgil: Though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I fear no evil... COME AND FIGHT, SAMSON!
Clair: Come forth, Hel, princess of the underworld!
Karma: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Nana: Daughter of the Northern Wind, emerge from the snow... Chione!
Nadeko: Lash out and defend thy self, Medusa!
Biraindo: Lord of the defenceless awaken from my heart, Sokurkhan!
Evron: Fire is my blood, rage is my soul; A RAGING FLOOD, A BEAST MADE WHOLE! IRA!
Tohru: Seer of Fates, I call upon you to alter my destiny! Norn, ARISE!
Yoshida: We've some souls to carry, Ferryman.
Kiyoshi: HAAAA! SNEAK ATTACK! LET'S GO, TEAM AV— er, AMATERASU!
- Jerkass: Karma, to the point half the team loathes him. Only Tohru, Yoshida and Virgil can stand him, and most are at best apathetic.
- Love at First Sight: Kyousuke, it's implied, for Nadeko.
- Mission Control: Kyousuke fills this with his Persona, Michael.
- Only Sane Man: Biraindo and Clair play this to both their teams.
- Parental Neglect: Clair's father, while he apparently tries, he failed enough promises to have Clair resent him.
- Poisonous Friend: Karma treats Yoshida as his personal Human Shield and attempts to pin his pranks on him. They still remain friends throughout.
- Team Mom: Maria is viewed as this.
- Shrinking Violet: Nana.
- The Stoic: Virgil, who doesn't even react when Karma goes for his nuts.
- Those Two Guys: Yoshida and Karma.
- Unwanted Rescue: Clair saves Karma from the Reaper, who would of one hit killed him. His response is a dismissing 'There was only one.'.