People in the city of Yumegawa are mysteriously waking up in the morning with all of their memories missing. No one knows how or why, but the people with the 'potential' are protected from this effect and instead awaken to the power of Persona. Unseen by normal people, however, mysterious entrances to bizarre alternate realities begin appearing in seemingly random (but usually significant) locations around Yumegawa, which only Persona-users can pass through. In order to find and thwart whatever is causing the growing amnesia epidemic, players will have to enter various "mindscape" dungeons in search of the source.
The forum can be found here
Persona Mindscapes contains examples of:
- Bland-Name Product: Used extensively. Particularly Beep! and ChanChan.
- Boss in Mook Clothing/King Mook: Prime Shadows are rare upgraded versions of normal Shadows with better skills and fewer or different weaknesses. They are easily identified by distinguishing characteristics such as crowns, capes, or a Battle Aura.
- Character Blog: Available in-universe via the Beep! threads, which are devoted to following the mock Twitter feeds of player characters. There has also been talk of making a Facebook Expy.
- City of Adventure: Yumegawa, naturally.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: The blue butterfly, Philemon, as in canon.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to Persona Rebirth, at least for now: there haven't been any Masquerade-breaking mass murders or Yakuza taking over the back streets by force like in the other RP. Most of the Rebirth characters "ported" over to the board are also much saner and nicer.
- Noob Cave: The Hall of Mirrors, a maze-like structure with mirrors that make up the walls, ceilings, and floors, serves as this, considering that it's where you get your Persona.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Tadashi and Yoko heal from their stab wounds remarkably quickly.
- Perplexing Plurals: Asking someone what the plural of Persona is usually results in Personas or Personae.
- Spin-Off: This forum does almost everything in much the same way as Persona Rebirth, but is set in an entirely new area with no connection to Nagashima.
- Summon Magic: This is Persona, after all.
- Shifting Sand Land: One of the other mindscapes. The Desert Of Desire, it contains many secrets.
- Toy Time: Although it's name suggests otherwise, The Funhouse - the first mindscape to be introduced after the Hall of Mirrors - is this. Its access point is an abandoned toybox behind an orphanage.