They are loud, rude, nerdy, uncouth, offensive, talkative, and funny.
Games or Movies The Talkies Crew has featured:
- A series of excerpts from games like Super Mario 64, Pilot Wings 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, and Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- Perfect Dark
- Forest Of Death (upcoming)
- Mirrors 2 (upcoming)
- Bone Eater (upcoming)
- Chill (upcoming)
Videos by The Talkies Crew exhibit, reference, or hang lampshades on:
- Acceptable Targets: Have stated more than once that they view everything and everybody as an acceptable target, including African Americans, the Pope, humanity as a collective, and penguins.
- Arc Fatigue: The final mission of their Perfect Dark LP, which borders on abusively long due to Cody having forgotten how to complete the mission objectives.
- Annoying Video-Game Helper: Cody's reaction to Navi, like many before him.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: "Fucking" Josh "Firearms" Patrick!
- Beat Panel: It's video equivalent occurs after this exchange:Cody: [The Pilot Wings glider] controls like a grandma.Mike: What, it's wrinkly and old and you kinda wanna have sex with it?(beat)Erin: So, uh... it was nice seein' you, uh, Su-chin.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Referenced in their Silent Hill: Shattered Memories series.
- Cheat Code: "Remember kids, Turok is only fun if you're cheating."
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Mike and Nick show shades of this.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Most of the hosts, but especially Cody.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Especially Mike.
- And Erin in the "N64 Grab Bag" videos.
- Double Entendre: They seem to have fun pointing them out in whatever they're featuring at the time. Or occasionally creating them purposefully, like when they named Link in their "N64 Grab Bag" videos "My Dick".The Great Deku Tree: "My Dick, the time has come to test thy courage!"
- Ending Fatigue: The aforementioned Perfect Dark LP's "Mission 17."
- Evil Laugh: Tales of dead children seem to evoke this reaction from Mike.
- Fan Nickname: They call the little girl's shadow in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories "Ghost Bitch" and "Shadow Bitch" interchangeably.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: During a Banjo-Kazooie segment of one of their "N64 Grab Bag" videos:Mike: Kill me. Kill me now!(beat)Cody: A BEAR-ell roll!Erin: It is not funnier a second time, Cody!
Cody: No, Ganondorf, don't mess up my wet dream!
- Also during an Ocarina of Time excerpt from the same series of videos:
Cody: Get it? 'Cause it's raining?
Erin: I got it Cody, I was there.
- Just for Pun: Allegedly Cody's shtick. He's only exhibited it a few times.
- Lampshaded Double Entendre: A common type of joke in their videos.
- Large Ham: Both Mike and Cody show shades of this.
- No Indoor Voice: They all show shades of this.
- Especially when CHERYL!!! is involved.
- Paranoia Fuel: Monarch Butterflies, after Mike learned they were poisonous."THE TREES THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!"
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: Acheesement.
- Precision F-Strike: Hand in hand with Cluster F-Bomb.Mike: "You can be unlost if you want. I've got a GPS, so... I dunno."Nick: "Yeah, but being lost is so much more fun."Mike: "That's true, I mean look at, look at Cody, he's lost. He's having a blast."Nick: "Yeah."Cody: "WHERE THE FUCK AM I?!"
- Rule34: Referenced.
- Running Joke: A few so far.
- Shout-Out: Frequently.
Cody: Dexter, how long have you been keeping this lab from me?Mike: But dad, but dad I—Cody: 'Cause I just love Labrador Retrievers!
- "Fuck your couch!"
- "Monkeys! I read Congo, you're all evil!"
- Numerous Shout Outs to the Freelance Astronauts during their Pilot Wings 64 segment, including:
- "Fly up, stupid!"
- "You should have wiggled when you wagged!"
- and "You got X'd, son!"
- "Use boost to chase!"
- "Hey, Stranger! What're ya buyin'?"
- This exchange:
- Take That!: A few.
- The Cameo: Both Mike's brother and mom in their Silent Hill: Shattered Memories series as well as their Perfect Dark one.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: The hosts note that Goose from Pilot Wings 64 does this.