- And then there's Zaied's attachment to Sousuke. Pretty much in the entire, short amount of time he was shown, he was constantly thinking about Gaussian Girl-like memories of Sousuke, and whispering his name. He has fond memories of playing naked in the water with Sousuke, and he is shown to have been watching Sousuke while he was sleeping. The implications of that are made a bit clearer when one considers the novels, where Sousuke notes that he always had the odd feeling that the fellow guerillas he worked with treated him especially nice, and seemed like they were ready to jump and rape him when he was asleep just because he was so darn pretty. And although Sousuke doesn't hesitate to kill him, at the end, although he had his gun pointed at Sousuke and could've killed Sousuke with his last energy, he chose not to, and instead fired his remaining ammo into the air.
- Some Lampshaded and teased Ho Yay / Foe Yay is found between Tsubaki and Sousuke, with their constant bickering. In the last episode of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, when Tsubaki thinks he's going to die, he even tells Sousuke that confessing to the girl he loves isn't as important to him as having one last fight between them. Matters aren't helped when, in one side story of the novels, Tsubaki makes a mistake and accidentally confesses that the one he loves is Sousuke. Afterwards, Kaname is shown to giggle and discuss who would be the submissive "receiver". She says both of them are.
- Clouseau and Sousuke. What? Don't tell me you don't see it◊.
- In the Sigma manga, there's also the backstory between Sousuke and Kalinin that... can have a lot of Ho Yay subtext. Unfortunately, Kalinin is way older than Sousuke, and is supposed to be his legally adopted father. Just the whole way that Kalinin keeps going on and on about how Sousuke and him were "destined" to meet and be together, and how he gushes on about how they're inseparable. And then there's how guilty Kalinin felt towards Sousuke's beautiful mother... only for him to meet Sousuke again and see Sousuke be the spitting image of his mother. He then becomes obsessed with becoming a "happy family" with Sousuke.
- Melissa Mao appears to have some attraction Bi the Way towards Tessa.
- For example, on at least one occasion, Mao got completely drunk and decided to climb into Tessa's bed. Or the completely out-of-the-blue decision to grope Tessa's breasts underneath her shirt after Tessa passed out from getting drunk. Or the Hot Springs Episode from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu where Mao starts rubbing ointment on Tessa's naked butt and then Mao starts moving on to other places and Tessa is heard telling Mao not to "stare at me like that!''
- And in the Full Metal Panic! novels, Lemon seems to be Bi the Way towards Sousuke. Sure, he has a crush on Nami... but she also did a whole lot more to warrant it (stripping jokingly in front of him, offering to prostitute herself for money from him jokingly, holding his arm while her breasts press against him, and putting him in a situation where he accidentally found himself groping her breast). And then there are the numerous times he's shown to have a strong attraction to Sousuke, despite Sousuke not even doing much besides being good looking and simply being there. When he first saw Sousuke, he thinks to himself that Sousuke is very good looking and "charming," despite Sousuke being completely emotionless (read: "eye candy"). Later, after Sousuke wins a tournament that helped win back Lemon's money, Lemon hugged Sousuke with "more passion than a french kiss would warrant," making Sousuke slightly uncomfortable. And later still, Lemon gets drunk, and subsequently invades Sousuke's personal space by hugging and groping him while blushing - which irritates Sousuke to no end.
- Yu Fan and Yu Lan. You know those two twin sisters who Gauron adopted? Oh boy...Taking very intimate showers together...holding each other at every available opportunity, hugging their naked bodies to each other. Also Yu Lan sees Yu Fan descending naked from the sky toward her when she dies. Not to mention they intertwine fingers after one of them receives a pistol whipping from Gates.
- Plus, in the novels Yu Fan and Yu Lan are actually male instead of female.
- In episode 11 from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, a Camp Gay male trio from the Music Club challenges Sousuke to a bet — if he can pick up a girl, they'll pay for his meals, but if he can't, he has to... swim in a lake, naked, while they watch. It should be noted that when the Music Club announced this bet, numerous male students actually happily yelled out, "All right, Music Club!" He loses the bet (due to acting overly scary and violent), and they are way too eager to see him naked, chanting for him to "strip!" (and they're even shown leering, smiling, and blushing).
- And then in the manga there's a substitute swim teacher who takes an immediate interest in Sousuke and his abilities — an interest which apparently involves blushing, drooling, and having thoughts which are WAY too suggestive to not be taken as Hot for Student. And he is shown to be very obviously jealous and shocked when he interprets Kaname's "I work well with Sousuke because we have a bond" as being that they've done it.
- Another Ho Yay (albeit VERY No Yay) example: In an episode from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu an elderly janitor from Sousuke's school is shown having a fantasy of having a threesome with Sousuke and Tsubaki. In his creepy envisioning of what he thinks is about to happen, chains are abundant and roses are used as censors. Yuck.
- When Sousuke was a child he elicited the I'm Taking Her Home with Me! kind of response. His Cuteness Proximity was so incredibly intense, it managed to melt the hearts of war-hardened veterans and pretty much made them internally Squee! that they want to take him home and make him their child. Which they then proceed to attempt to do. He certainly never lacked people who were all too eager to take him in as their own. Starting with Majid, an
AfghanistaniHelmajistani rebellion leader whom Sousuke had tried to assassinate, who liked him so much that he adopted him as his "Son of Bdakshon's Tiger," and raised him with complete kindness. And then there was Kalinin, who wanted Sousuke as his son from the very beginning, and took Sousuke as a prisoner of war after Sousuke tried to assassinate him. He then proceeds to persistently try to get Sousuke to agree to be his adopted son (which Sousuke refused, since he already had Majid as his "father" - yes, it got to the point of being a first-come-first-serve basis). After Majid dies, Kalinin finally manages to force his way and get Sousuke to be his legally adopted son. And all while that was going on, Gauron had tried to take Sousuke for himself ever since the moment he first set eyes on the boy. He literally did a double take, parked his jeep, and tried to lure Sousuke to come with him by promising him food and ammunition. Sousuke refuses, and Gauron ends up being unable to forget him for the next five years. (Though in Gauron's case, it's more of a pedophile rapist, sexual version of wanting to take him home, unlike the previous two).
- Kurz and Sousuke. Kurz actually appears to flirt with Sousuke at times. And all their bickering comes off making them sound Like an Old Married Couple. And then there's those scenes in season 1 where we see a shirtless Sousuke being bandaged by Kurz.
- Kyoko and Kaname. They're best friends and get along well. Also, when Kyoko meets Kaname when Kaname's at the hospital, they almost died, and you think some intimacy would be in order, but a Marshmallow Hell? And motor boating? Whatever floats Kyoko's boat.
- In the manga when Kyoko's shown to be incredibly Beautiful All Along after Sousuke takes her glasses off and lets her hair down Kaname reacts by Glomping her, Squeeing that "You're so cute! Like a little doll! I just have to give you a big old squeeze!" She then squeezes Kyoko tightly to herself while blushing and declaring "Aah, I can't take it! You're so adorable!" which embarrasses Kyoko to no end.
- When Tessa introduces herself to Kaname's high school class in Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu all the guys go "WOOOAH!" while all the girls cry "Oh she's so cute!" with accompanying love hearts.
- During her time on the submarine, Kaname does think about how cool and sexy Mao is, though there is still a certain distance between them, mostly due to Mao being Tessa's friend first and foremost...
- Tessa and Kaname even have some Les Yay despite being rivals for Sousuke's affections.
Ho Yay / Full Metal Panic!