- Actor Allusion:
- The English dub created one by casting Spike Spencer, the English voice of Shinji Ikari, as Takuma, who protests that he doesn't want to climb into a giant mecha and is told that he mustn't run away.
- Likewise, when Kurz introduces himself to Kaname and Kyoko, he puts on a Funny Foreigner act. In the dub, he affects an Italian accent; Vic Mignogna is of Italian descent.
- Allison Keith previously played Misato Katsuragi, a woman who likes to drink beer to relax and arms herself with a USP pistol.
- Author Existence Failure: Andrei Kalinin's English voice actor Mike Kleinhenz passed away only a few years after The Second Raid's dub was released. In Invisible Victory, Kent Williams is taking over as Kalinin.
- Casting Gag: In episode 14 of the first anime, the Opposing Sports Team's leader is a parody Char Clone voiced by Tetsu Inada, who's played that role twice before in a more serious capacitynote .
- The Danza: Yukari, the AI in Kurz's Arm Slave, is voiced by Yukari Tamura. This also partly crosses with Comic-Book Fantasy Casting, since the original novels noted that Kurz intentionally modeled the AI on "a popular Japanese idol", even providing voice samples.
- Jindai High/Mithril uniform are made by cosplay companies, so they're available for purchase.
- Same goes for Mithril patches. If cosplay companies don't make them anymore, then you can ask a patch maker to do so.
- Doing It for the Art: The production crew for TSR spent some time in Hong Kong to do research by filming the streets and buildings in order to get the feel of Hong Kong in the anime.
- I Knew It!: That President Hayashimizu secretly knew about Mithril and Kaname's protected status was a very popular theory at its day, and it was confirmed as canon in Continuing On My Own.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original novels translated by Tokyopop before J-Novel Club announced on March 18, 2019 that all the original 12 novels will see a new translation and release.
- Meme Acknowledgment: Sousuke's "I'm not an amateur! I'm a specialist!" line is available with Cospa shirts for a short time.
- No Export for You: In Latin America, almost none of the Full Metal Panic! anime franchise was officially released. In the anime case, only Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu was released in Spanish. In the manga case, only the first manga was released by Editorial Vid in Spanish. In Brasil, the original manga and Sigma was released by Planet Manga until it was cancelled.
- Old Shame: If this tweet from Shoji Gatoh posted the day episode 8 of Invisible Victory aired is any indication, he regrets killing off Nami in Burning One Man Force.Shoji Gatoh: "It feels like I'm attending a wake. Why did I kill her ten years ago?
- Playing Against Type: Josh Grelle as Admiral Borda.
- Sequel Gap: The second series aired in 2005 with The Second Raid. The third series, Invisible Victory, aired in 2018.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: The release of the first anime series got pushed to 2002 due to 9/11 and edits to Sousuke's homeland of Afghanistan.
- Star-Making Role: Chris Patton as Sousuke Sagara and Luci Christian as Kaname Chidori.
- The Wiki Rule: The FMP Wiki page.
Trivia / Full Metal Panic!