The Haunted Mansion is a franchise that has grown around the long-running attraction at the various Disney Theme Parks. Though some variations of the ride exist, most expanded media made by Disney is based on the original incarnation of the ride present in Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo.
The Mansion is generally presented as a mysterious place with an often contradictory past, befitting a manor that has become home to 999 ghosts from all over the world. Though it possesses an ominous aura that keeps foolish mortals at a distance, the happy haunts always enjoy having company, eager to make room for ghost #1000 or just deciding to follow you home.
- The Haunted Mansion, the original ride the franchise centers around. It is present in five Disney resorts around the world, though there does exist variations listed below, which are covered on the ride's page.
- Phantom Manor, the Paris version of the ride, which covers some similar beats to the original ride but is a Western reinterpretation.
- Mystic Manor, a more drastic reimagining of the ride in Hong Kong, which has a different plot involving an eccentric collector whose monkey causes chaos in his mansion.
Film- Live Action:
- The Haunted Mansion (2003), a family comedy starring Eddie Murphy
- Muppets Haunted Mansion (2021), a Halloween Special on Disney+ starring The Muppets with Will Arnett as the Ghost Host.
- Haunted Mansion (2023): A rebooted film by screenwriter Katie Dippold and director Justin Simien. Rosario Dawson, Tiffany Haddish, Lakeith Stanfield, and Owen Wilson star along with Jamie Lee Curtis as Madame Leota and Jared Leto as the Hatbox Ghost.
- Haunted Mansion (2006-2007) by Slave Labor Graphics, a seven issue anthology series.
- Disney Kingdoms (2014-2016), which featured a Haunted Mansion miniseries and Seekers of the Weird, an adaptation of the unbuilt Museum of the Weird companion attraction.
- The Haunted Mansion: Frights of Fancy (2020), an IDW Publishing graphic novel created for the attraction's 50th anniversary.
- The Story and Song From the Haunted Mansion (1969), a Disneyland Records book where a teenaged Ron Howard spent a night in the Mansion.
- Tales from the Haunted Mansion (2016-2019), a kids horror anthology series ghostwritten by Amicus Arcane, the Mansion's librarian presented as samples of the collection.
- The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade (2023), a YA novel by Claudia Gray, where a girl named Audrey finds herself pulled into a mystery at the Mansion.
- Adventures In The Magic Kingdom (1990), where it appeared as one of the levels.
- Mickey No Tokyo Disneyland Daibouken, as the fourth stage, and based on the Tokyo Disneyland location.
- Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour (2000), as one of the tracks and the inspiration for racer Baron Karlott
- The Haunted Mansion (2003), released in conjunction with the movie, but telling a completely unrelated story about new groundskeeper Zeke Holloway teaming with Madame Leota to defeat undead sorcerer Atticus Thorn.
- Epic Mickey (2010), represented as Lonesome Manor
- Kinect: Disneyland Adventures (2011), has the Haunted Mansion as one of the attraction minigames.
- Ghost Post (2016), a limited run subscription box based Alternate Reality Game with a heavy iPhone component that turned the "infernal device" into a Phantom Radio that could communicate with the Mansion's ghosts as they sought out help to dispel "The Great Unraveling", a mysterious fog that kept ghosts from entering or leaving the Mansion and caused many travelers to become lost.
- Disney Story Beyond (2023), a series of augmented reality marketing campaigns at Tokyo Disneyland, debuted with a Haunted Mansion campaign centered around the "Ghost Registry", a tome containing the tales of the Mansion's 999 residents that has scattered several major pages across the Mansion's grounds, resulting in the head maid Z.J. recruiting mortal help in gathering them back.