Love the Coopers is an American Christmas film released in November 2015 and distributed by Lionsgate and CBS Films. It follows Sam Cooper and his wife Charlotte as they invite four generations of their extended family to their annual Christmas Eve party.
- Ambulance Cut: When Bucky collapses and has a stroke at the dinner table.
- Bumbling Dad: It's implied Bucky considered himself this after Emma and Charlotte's mother passed away.
- Christmas Episode
- Dance Party Ending
- Dinner and a Show: Given the Christmas Eve setting, it's unsurprising.
- Dysfunctional Family
- Fake Relationship: Eleanor meets a soldier named Joe while at the airport and convinces Joe to pose as her boyfriend.
- Flashback/Flashback Cut: There are many of these involving the Cooper family and other characters.
- Innocent Swearing: Madison uses the word "dick" frequently, considering that she picked up the word from her mum Angie during an argument.
- Mall Santa: There are a few of them shown.
- Market-Based Title: Known as Christmas with the Coopers in the UK and Ireland.
- Missing Mom: Charlotte and Emma's mom died presumably when they were in their late teens.
- Playing Doctor: Eleanor is seen doing this as a child at a Christmas party.
- Pensieve Flashback: There is one including Charlotte and Emma as children during Christmas dinner when Bucky and the family reminisce about past Christmases.
- Scatterbrained Senior: Aunt Fishy is this, Up to Eleven.
- Sibling Rivalry: Eleanor and Charlotte are at each other's throats over Eleanor being the family's black sheep and fight over Eleanor dating a doctor.
- "Stuck at the Airport" Plot: Eleanor decides to stay in the airport instead of going home for Christmas Eve.