In spite of a prison release, this might not be Red's lucky day
Lucky Day is a 2019 crime/thriller film written and directed by Roger Avary
. It is a spiritual sequel to Killing Zoe
Tropes that apply to Lucky Day:
- Asshole Victim: Blarney deserves very much the kick in the balls by Chloe. It also counts the Hispanic thug killed by Chaltiel.
- Big Bad: Luc Chaltiel.
- Black Dude Dies First: Averted. Le Roi is not the first guy to die.
- Butt-Monkey: Jean-Jacques. He gets no respect from anyone, he has a toothbrush moustache, his girlfriend copulates with Chaltiel and gets Killed Offscreen by the same guy. Chaltiel kills him, Pierre and Louis at the same time.
- The Dog Bites Back: Chloe had finally enough of Blarney's harassment towards her by kick him in the balls and giving the finger to him.
- Flipping the Bird: Agent Sanchez gives the finger twice to Red, Chloe one time to Blarney and the Hispanic thug towards Chaltiel. Jean-Jacques gives the V variant to Pierre and Louis.
- Narrator All Along: Beatrice was the narrator at the beginning.
- Omniglot: Lolita, Beatrice's babysitter, speaks English, French and Spanish.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Agent Sanchez is the most foul-mouthed character in the movie.
- Take That!: Blarney being a sexual harasser towards Chloe is basically a vicious jab towards Harvey Weinstein.
- Taking You with Me: Chaltiel tries to kill Red, Chloe, Beatrice and Agent Sanchez by blowing himself up before the end.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Although Luc Chaltiel should be French, Crispin Glover gives a bizzarre accent that mixes the French one with the Glover's New York one, sounding like a guy who comes from Eastern Europe than from France.
- Your Head Asplode: Pierre gets his head blown up by Jean-Jacques sawed-off shotgun after the latter was shot in the head by Chaltiel.