Evilspeak is a horror movie from the year 1981.
Things suck for Stanley Coopersmith. He's a welfare student for a military school and is basically at the bottom of the pecking order. One day it all changes when he is given a punishment duty of cleaning the academy's chapel's basement. There he discovers belongings of late Father Esteban Lorenzo, who was executed for Satanism in the 16th century. Coopersmith then starts studying Lorenzo's material and later uses his newly gained power to turn the tables against his tormentors.
Examples within this movie:
- And Show It to You: Bubba dies when the undead Sarge rips his heart out.
- Asshole Victim: It can be hard to feel sorry for them for their general mistreatment of Stanley and killing a puppy just to get back at him.
- Bad People Abuse Animals: Coopersmith's bullies kill a puppy he recently adopted. Finding the dog's remains was the last straw that starts his deal with the devil.
- Cobweb of Disuse: When Coopersmith first finds the basement where Esteban Lorenzo's satanic work was kept, it was very unkempt.
- Crusty Caretaker: Sarge.
- Deal with the Devil: Father Esteban has done this and after discovering his works, Coopersmith plans to do the same.
- Eaten Alive: The fate of Ms. Friedemeyer and a student as they are devoured by pigs.
- Fat Bastard: Ox, one of Douglas's cronies.
- Fetus Terrible: In Coopersmith's nightmare, an embryo in a jar tries to angrily escape its confines.
- Groin Attack: When the church caretaker threatens to snap the neck of Coopersmith's puppy, he kicks him in the groin.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: Used for the ending text scroll.
- Human Sacrifice: Human blood is required to finish the black mass.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: One of the staff members is used as a human sacrifice by being thrown up to a hanging pentagram littered with spikes. The blood dripping down fuels the satanic ritual.
- Jerkass: Everyone except JoJo and the mess hall cook towards Coopersmith.
- Man on Fire: One of the soccer team members dies by fire when the satanic powers erupt in the chapel.
- Messy Pig: One of Coopersmith's punishment duties has him feeding the pigs of the academy. They later become the instruments of his revenge.
- Neck Snap: Satanic power forces Sarge's neck to twist itself 180 degrees.
- Nightmare Dreams: Coopersmith has a nightmare after reading Father Esteban's works for the first time.
- Off with His Head!: In the opening scene and couple more in the climax.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: Sprinkled all throughout the film's music... it usually signals something terrible is going to happen.
- Shower Scene: Ms. Friedemeyer has one before she is killed.
- Sinister Minister: Father Esteban.
- Spiteful Spit: Father Esteban spits at the man of God who gives him his judgement in the opening scene.
- A Taste of the Lash: Col. Kincaid beats Coopersmith with a horsewhip to punish him."Assume the position."
- Video Nasty
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After completing the ritual, Stanley attacks and kills everyone trapped in the church. The ending text claims he's now in a mental asylum over the realization of what he's done.
- Or is that the case? The ominous "I will return" text on the computer has the name Esteban replaced with "Stanley Coopersmith" and a different pixelated face appears. Is Stanley's soul now bound in place of Esteban's?