Rayne moves to America to hunt vampires in The Wild West. Her travels takes her to a town called Deliverance, which is terrorized by the vampire Billy the Kid and his gang. Together with the lawman Pat Garrett and an assortment of recruits, she tries to end Billy's on-going bloodshed.
Followed by BloodRayne: The Third Reich in 2010.
Deliverance has the examples of:
- Badass Preacher: One of Rayne's recruits in 'The Preacher', who is a Con Man and Gunslinger as well as a preacher. He goes out in a blaze of glory against the vampires.
- Bare Your Midriff: Rayne wears a leather halter top and bares her midriff, and a large chunk of her back. Billy the Kid actually taunts her by poking her exposed navel while she is holding onto a rope trying to stop a group of children from being hanged.
- Big Bad: Billy the Kid.
- Book Safe: The Preacher has a derringer hidden inside his hollowed-out Bible.
- Doomed Fellow Prisoner: Rayne just happen to be thrown in a cell next to the last living member of the Brimstone Society, and they are both scheduled to be hanged. Rayne, being a dhampir, survives the hanging, but her cellmate, being a normal human, doesn't.
- Flipping the Table: Flintlock Hogan flips the table after he accuses Rayne of cheating at poker.
- Gambling Brawl: Flintlock accuses Rayne of cheating, accompanied by Flipping the Table. He calls her out for a Showdown at High Noon. At midnight. In this case, it seems that Flintlock was just a sore loser, rather than there being any cheating on Rayne's part.
- Gatling Good: Before being staked, Billy the Kid gets gunned down by one.
- Historical Domain Character: Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Billy the Kid isn't just an outlaw, he's a vampire too. He also has a pretty sick taste for children.
- I Call It "Vera": The sheriff of Deliverance has a Sawed-Off Shotgun he calls 'Sadie'. He also talks to it. A lot.
- Improvised Lockpick: Muller uses the frame of Piles' glasses to pick the lock on Rayne's manacles.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Attempted by the people of Deliverance against Billy's men, but they are quickly subdued.
- Meek Townsman: Once the sheriff is turned into a vampire, the townsfolk of Deliverance just capitulate and allow Billy the Kid and his vampire cowboys to take over the town. Granted Billy is holding their children hostage, but no one shows any spark of resistance till Rayne rides into town.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: VAMPIRE COWBOYS! ....who don't do much.
- Numbered Sequels: Potentially averted depending on whether you believe the DVD box or the in-movie title; the box has a "II" but the title shown during the opening is just BloodRayne: Deliverance.
- Mr. Exposition: While in jail in Deliverance, Rayne meets a member of Brimstone in the next cell who is able to explain the details of Billy the Kid's scheme to her. Once he is finished explaining, he is executed.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun: The sheriff of Deliverance has a sawed-off shotgun he calls 'Sadie'. He also talks to it. A lot.
- Sexy Discretion Shot: In one of the scenes, Rayne recruits one of her teammates by seducing him, getting him chained to a bed and then explaining her the reason. Once he agrees, he asks her if she is still going to have sex with him. Rayne smiles, cue the room's door as we hear her moaning.
- Showdown at High Noon: Inverted, as the both instances happen at midnight.
- Two Shots from Behind the Bar: When the townsfolk finally join the fight against the vampires, Martha grabs the bar's double-barrelled shotgun.
- Take Over the City: Billy the Kid takes over the town of Deliverance and ensconces himself in the mayor's house. However, ruling the town is just one step in his larger plan.
- Vampire Vords: Billy the Kid talks with such inflection.
- Weird West: A half-vampire hunts vampires in the wild west. Not the weirdest thing, but still pretty out there.
- Would Hurt a Child: Billy the Kid loves to feast upon children. He also sets up a trap where several of them are placed on the end of nooses, and Rayne has to struggle to save them.