Blood Reaper is a 2004 American Slasher Movie. It concerns a group of campers being tormented by a maniac.
This film contains examples of:
- Antagonist Title
- Big Bad: Jubel Fishman, a maniac murdering people in the woods.
- The Cameo: Country singer and haunted restaurant owner Bobby Mackey shows up as a local who sings a song about Jubel.
- Crazy Homeless People: Molly lives in a tent in the woods because she thinks the FBI and CIA are chasing her and regularly feeds a baby doll like it's a real baby. However, unlike many examples of this trope, she's actually quite friendly, offering to share her food with one of the protagonists.
- Fanservice: Surprisingly little for a slasher, with only a couple bra scenes and one Modesty Bedsheet.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: It's never explained why Jubel Fishman has spent decades silently killing people in the woods, nor do we get any facial expressions or body language to provide a personality. Even the song about him only really talks about him living in the woods and committing murder.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Harbinger of Impending Doom: The protagonists stop at a convenience store, where the clerk mentions that everything in the area is dead in the most cryptic tone imaginable. None of the protagonists seem to notice.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Leap Day.
- Lunacy: Jubel only kills on Leap Days with a full moon.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Jubel spends the whole film wearing what looks to be a cross between a diving mask and a gas mask. It's especially helpful when he wants to hide underwater to nab a victim.
- Off with His Head!: How Jubel is finally stopped.
- Police Are Useless: They typically write off Jubel's murders as camping accidents. The local park ranger has an idea of what's going on, but it doesn't do him any good as Jubel kills him.
- Villain Opening Scene: Jubel killing a couple on a fishing trip.