- "In a shattered world like Remnant, there are always people with their problems. As for this group of misfits, it was more significant after one incident after another. Split to find answers, together to solve problems. Team JAQK is going to work hard to clean their leader's name and finding out the real culprit behind the incident. Those are the stories of many others in Remnant."
Chronicles of Remnant: Team JAQK created by TheTragicNoir is a series of stories from RWBY while taking on the same continuity by paralleling the show's main events.The plot follows the misadventures of Team JAQK, a group of former Second-Year students from Atlas Academy that got separated after the Fall of Beacon in Volume's 3 Finale. The story is divided into different parts while taking self-contained stories between the canon and OC characters working together by confronting various dangers around Remnant.
The stories are:
- Into the Red Forest: Taking place between Volumes 3 and 4. Stars Velvet Scarlatina going through Forever Fall with the help of Ace Clover and Kingston Diamo to reunite her with rest of Team CFVY while dealing with The Grimm, the White Fang, and an unknown cult on their way.
- Out of the Cold Rock: Taking place between Volumes 4 and 5. Before Neopolitan's arrival on Mistral, she was a prisoner inside a High-Security Prison from Atlas after the Battle of Beacon. She needed the help of a fellow inmate, Quinn Heartstone, to escape from there before Atlas could close its borders.
- Through the Dark Road: Taking place between Volumes 5 and 6. The remaining member of Team SSSN must travel back to Mistral after wasting time in a mission without risk. The trip becomes less of an enjoyable ride as they are accompanied by the more people traveling in an old wagon.
- It's Always Sunny in Paradise Immediately after Volume's 5 Finale, Team RWBY must work with Team JAQK in order to solve the mystery behind a strange series of disappearances around Mistral.
Chronicles of Remnant: Team JAQK contains examples of:
- Absurd Cutting Power: Downplayed, some weapons aren't good enough to cut whole trees like Ruby's Cresent Rose, but still powerful enough against weaker Grimm.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Mistral's sewers aren't a pleasant place for anyone, especially for Ace and Quinn.
- Ace Custom: As usual of the RWBY characters.
- A Day in the Limelight: Most of the stories and arcs focus on side characters that didn't appear after Volume 3. With the exception of Neo in Volume 6.
- Anti-Hero Team: While RWBY isn't the most perfect team, they are still nicer than JAQK's approaches.
- Arch-Enemy: The Mysterious Assassin Sal is one to Jack Spades. Unfortunately for Sal, he didn't expect Jack would be much of a problem.
- Arc Villain: Each story has one:
- Into the Red Forest has Master Copper, Leader of an Anti-Faunus group known as The Purifiers.
- Out of the Cold Rock has Dr. Zinc, but he becomes a Big Bad Wannabe during the prison riot. James Ironwood is the main obstacle between the protagonists and freedom at the end of the story's first half. The Chimera Grimm becomes one for the second half.
- Through the Dark Road has Sal who tries to kill Jack on the trip to Mistral.
- Boss Subtitles: Some of the major antagonists have one before starting a fight.
- Bottomless Magazines: Downplayed, while everyone doesn't have to worry about running low on bullets, they still need to reload or rely on melee approach to save some of them.
- The Bus Came Back: The whole purpose of the story for canon characters.
- Five-Man Band: Team JAQK falls in this category after finally being reunited at Mistral.
- The Leader: Jack Spades
- The Lancer: Sometimes between Lucy Carmine and Ace Clover.
- The Smart Guy: While Kingston Diamo isn't the most academically intelligent of the group, he is a great sniper, the most knowledgeable when it comes to his surroundings and good to improvise medicine.
- The Big Guy: Quinn Heartstone.
- The Chick: Lucy isn't technically part of team JAQK, but plays a great asset when it comes to fighting or being the medic.
- Team Pet: Lucy's Loyal Husky, Saber.
- Playing Card Motifs: If Team JAQK's names weren't already a clue.
- The Scapegoat: The main reason why JAQK had to separate on the first place after The Fall of Beacon.