Rami Said Malek (born on May 12, 1981 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actor of Egyptian descent.
He won the 68th Primetime Emmy Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his work as Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot, which was his Star-Making Role. He later won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody.
- The War at Home as Kenny
- The Pacific as Merriel "Snafu" Shelton
- The Master as Clark
- Night at the Museum as Ahkmenrah
- 24 as Marcos Al-Zacar
- The Legend of Korra as Tahno
- Need for Speed as Finn
- Breaking Dawn as Benjamin
- Short Term 12 as Nate
- Mr. Robot as Elliot Alderson
- Until Dawn as Josh Washington
- Bojack Horseman as Flip McVicker
- Bohemian Rhapsody as Freddie Mercury (Academy Award winner for Best Actor; Golden Globe winner for Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama)
- No Time to Die as Safin
- Badass Baritone: His deep voice is showcased in The Pacific as Snafu, and in The Legend of Korra as Tahno.
- Fake Brit: As Freddie Mercury, who was British-Parsi.
- Fake Nationality: An American who has played a Kamistani (judging by the name, somewhere in south/central Asia or perhaps the Caucasus), a fantasy!North Asian, and a Farsi-Brit, among others. In an unusual coincidence, while he has played Americans (e.g. the Cajun Merriel Shelton in The Pacific) and Egyptians (e.g. Ahkmenrah in Night at the Museum), he has never actually played an American of Egyptian descent (unless Alderson's family changed its name at some time).
- Older Than They Look: He's 38 but can easily pass for early twenties.
- Phenotype Stereotype: His light skin and blue eyes have thrown some viewers off in regards to his ethnicity, even though these features aren't exactly unheard of in North Africa. Amusingly, a few people even complained when he was cast in Night at the Museum, accusing the movie of whitewashing Egyptians. Malek is an Egyptian (although he is of partial Greek descent).
- Reclusive Artist: He has social media, but is rarely active.
- Romance on the Set: Began dating Lucy Boynton on the set of Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Speech Impediment: Though he can hide it when he's acting, he has a lisp that's very common with Egyptians speaking English. Presumably he picked it up from his family.