William John "Billy" Eichner (born September 18, 1978 in New York City, New York) is an American actor, writer, and comedian.
Eichner perhaps best known for hosting the satirical game show Billy on the Street, where he accosts strangers on the streets of New York City to participate in games for low sums of money and undesirable prizes, for which he received a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Game Show Host in 2013.
He's also notable for his role as Craig Middlebrooks on NBC's Parks and Recreation and Billy Epstein on Hulu's Difficult People, as well as appearing in the films The Angry Birds Movie and Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.
- Billy on the Street (2011 — present) as himself
- Bob's Burgers (2013 — 2018) as Mr. Ambrose (voice)
- Parks and Recreation (2013 — 2015) as Craig Middlebrooks
- Difficult People (2015 — 2017) as Billy Epstein
- The Angry Birds Movie (2016) as Chef Pig / Phillip (voice)
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016) as Oliver Studebaker
- Friends from College (2017 — present) as Felix Forzenheim
- American Horror Story (2017 — present) in various roles:
- The Lion King (2019) as Timon (voice)
- Green Eggs and Ham (2019) as Walter Bigman (voice)
- Man in the Box (TBD) as Paul Lynde
Billy Eichner's work provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adam Westing: Portrays a heightened version of himself in Billy on the Street. He's more restrained when not hosting the show.
- He Really Can Act: He received lots of acclaim for his performance on American Horror Story, which required him to pull off a much more dramatic performance previously unseen by most people.
- Large Ham: His Billy on the Street persona, the popularity of which has resulted in many of the other characters he has played to be similarly hammy.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: The characters that he plays are almost always raving assholes, whereas he himself is actually quite subdued.
- No Indoor Voice: He's known for having having an incredibly loud voice.
- Pigeon Holed Actor: Almost always plays comedically loud and abrasive Jerkassess.