Ghost is a Comic Book series published by Dark Horse Comics in 1995 as part of the Shared Universe imprint Comics' Greatest World. First was published as part of this imprint to be cancelled as the rest of the titles of this series with 22 issues. Eventually she managed to be one of the best known characters from this imprint with X (Dark Horse Comics) and Barb Wire, getting various new volumes since 1998 until today.
Elisa Cameron, who is also known as "Ghost", is a reporter who finds herself dead under mysterious circumstances. She has gained the abilities of intangibility and teleportation as a result of becoming a ghost. Now she must try to find out how she ended up dead in the first place.
Not to be confused with the film Ghost (1990).
- Crossover: Ghost have various notable crossovers with characters like Hellboy, Batgirl and even The Shadow.
- Does Not Like Men: In the first couple of issues. Not that it isn't justified as in her world sex crimes were apparently never criminalized. Seemingly everyone Elisa encounters demeans or objectives her at best. Particular winners involve a super-incel with telepathy that he uses for its Power Perversion Potential. A demon who subjects her to Mind Rape, several times, just to make her submissive. Or a monster who forces her to dress like a school girl and suck her thumb to save her friends life. Even her male allies, sans Peter, ogle her.
- Ethereal White Dress: Elisa Cameron wears white, probably invoking her actual condition of "ghost".
- Ghost Amnesia: Elisa returns from the dead to avenge her death. However, she cannot remember how she died or who killed her.
- Good Wears White: Elisa is the main heroine and wears a white outfit.
- Guns Akimbo: Elisa's signature weapons are a pair of .45's, often firing one in each hand. X often wields a pair of pistols in his guest appearances as well.
- Love-Hate Relationship: With X. Not precisely in a romantic way, but Ghost and X usually cross their paths as allies as well enemies, appearing together for the first time in Comics' Greatest World and then as guest characters in both solo series (X in Ghost comics and vice versa.)
- '90s Anti-Hero: X makes several appearances throughout the series, and Ghost herself is more than willing to blow away her targets, solidify them halfway in and halfway out of walls, or unghost her hand inside an opponent's brain or heart.
- Rogues Gallery: During her quest to find the person(s) responsible for her apparent murder, Ghost amasses a gallery of enemies with varying strange abilities, including the likes of Cameron Nemo, Dr. October, Hunger, Dr. Trouvaille and his Ghost-Hunters, Archibald Scythe, Joe Yimbo, Malcolm Greymater, Towering Chris, Miasma, Snake, and Von Ghastly, and non-powered foes like Crux, Leo Merino and The Hunter.
- Power Perversion Potential: Everyone, Everyone, in this universe who has powers use them for this. However, unlike other settings this isn't played for titillation but for horror. Mostly, Elisa still finds time to be remarkably perverted trying to defeat a ghost. Her sister is even worse.
- Vengeful Ghost: Eliza is not precisely going for the ones who killed her to hug them.
- Whodunnit to Me?: A large part of Elisa's original motivation was to discover who had murdered her.