Ghost is a Comic Book series published by Dark Horse Comics in 1995 as part of the Shared Universe imprint Comics' Greatest World. First was published as part of this imprint to be cancelled as the rest of the titles of this series with 22 issues. Eventually she managed to be one of the most known characters from this imprint with X and Barb Wire, getting various new volumes since 1998 until today.
Elisa Cameron, who is also known as "Ghost", is a reporter who finds herself dead under mysterious circumstances. She has gained the abilities of intangibility and teleportation as a result of becoming a ghost. Now she must try to find out how she ended up dead in the first place.
- Crossover: Ghost have various notable crossovers with characters like Hellboy, Batgirl and even The Shadow.
- Does Not Like Men: She expresses anti-male thoughts quite often.
- Ethereal White Dress: Elisa Cameron wears white, probably invoking her actual condition of "ghost".
- Ghost Amnesia: Elisa returns from the dead to avenge her death. However, she cannot remember how she died or who killed her.
- Guns Akimbo: Elisa's signature weapons are a pair of .45's, often firing one in each hand. X often wields a pair of pistols in his guest appearances as well.
- Intrepid Reporter: Elisa Cameron was this before she became a ghost.
- Love Hate Relationship: With X. Not precisely in a romantic way, but Ghost and X usually cross their paths as allies as well enemies, appearing together for the first time in Comics' Greatest World and then as guest characters in both solo series (X in Ghost comics and viceversa.)
- Most Common Superpower: Elisa is very busty. No, bustier than that. She's top-heavy is what we're sayin'. OK, not as busty as Spinnerette's Super MILF. Elisa's sister calls out her costume design as showing off.
- '90s Anti-Hero: X makes several appearances throughout the series, and Ghost herself is more than willing to blow away her targets, solidify them halfway in and halfway out of walls, or unghost her hand inside an opponent's brain or heart.
- Rogues Gallery: During her quest to find the person(s) responsible for her apparent murder, Ghost amasses a gallery of enemies with varying strange abilities, including the likes of Cameron Nemo, Dr. October, Hunger, Dr. Trouvaille and his Ghost-Hunters, Archibald Scythe, Joe Yimbo, Malcolm Greymater, Towering Chris, Miasma, Snake, and Von Ghastly, and non-powered foes like Crux, Leo Merino and The Hunter.
- Vengeful Ghost: Eliza is not precisely going for the ones who killed her to hug them.
- Whodunnit to Me?: A large part of Elisa's original motivation was to discover who had murdered her.