Ghost Island is a 5-issue Horror Comic Book series by Joseph Oliveira.
Josh Evans is a spirit medium with a dark past. He does little seances here and there to make ends meet, and considers his gift more a curse.
One day, a wealthy man contacts Mr. Evans, asking him to come to a private island he has which is populated by a whole host of spirits he's collected. The rich guy intends to open the island as an amusement park for the public, but before he can do that, he needs Mr. Evans to assess the minds of the violent spirits he's keeping there. So, Josh agrees to go along and, along with a small group of other people the philanthropist has hired, help him with his project.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on November 3rd, 2016. The first issue was released January 2nd, 2017.
Ghost Island contains examples of:
- Deliberately Monochrome: The comic is presented in black and white.
- Elder Abuse: In issue 3, Josh performs a seance on a large stage to help a young man contact his dead mother. Said mother takes control of Josh's body and begins hurling accusations at the man. Apparently, he used to take his mom's jewelry when she was sick and sell it for drugs.
- In the Hood: Josh wears a hooded cloak when performing seances (he used it in the first issue, anyway).
- Offing the Offspring: In the first book, Josh is hosting a seance for the dead child of a farmer couple named Tommy. In the seance, it's revealed that the father killed Tommy by drowning him in the lake because he heard his father and his sister in her room every night.
- Spooky Séance: Josh holds one in the first issue to help a family contact their dead son.