Characters are listed by appearance and folder.
The protagonist and leader of the Dark Knights, Kono is the Wild Card and Fool of the team. She transfers to Masayoshi High School from Tokyo, where she used to attend Kosei High School, due to a certain incident. She is the second-in-line of the Taira Clan, something that she doesn't seem too concerned about, as compared to her other problems. Kono was chosen by the kitsune Zenko to save Kyoto from the rise of Yomi, which is furthered by the fact that the Velvet Room popped up as an app on her cell phone. Though timid and shy, Kono pledges to protect her new home from the Shadows trying to destroy it.
As a superheroine, she is known as Tsubasa-Hime, or just Tsubasa for short (her friends refuse to use the full name). Her mask is made of black leather with a wing design, as is the outfit she is transformed into when she puts it on. Her initial Persona is Kikuri-Hime, and specializes in nuclear and curse spells. As the Wild Card, she can use multiple Personas. She uses tessen in battle.
- Action Girl: Being a superheroine requires this.
- Adorkable: She can be pretty hammy at times.
- Badass Adorable: Kono isn't even five foot tall, but she can kick plenty of ass.
- Badass Gay: She can kick ass, and likes girls.
- Beneath the Mask: Literally. When she becomes Tsubasa-Hime, Kono feels free to be her true self, unburdened by the shyness and anxiety that normally hinders her in daily life.
- Break the Cutie: When her best friend/crush and classmates were violently murdered and she was powerless to do anything about it.
- Casting a Shadow: Kikuri-Hime has eiha spells.
- Crime Magnet: First she survives a murder spree, then she gets dragged into stopping her friend's serial killer father. Not to mention the whole superhero business.
- Color Motif: Pink, which symbolizes romance, love, and femininity.
- Pink also represents cherry blossoms, which are associated with spring and rebirth. Fits nicely with her name.
- Also black, as seen with her attire and superhero costume, which can represent death and rebirth.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has light pink hair and eyes.
- The Fool: Her original arcana.
- Girlish Pigtails: She puts her hair up in pigtails whenever she masquerades as Tsubasa-Hime.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a black ribbon in her hair as Kono.
- Hurting Hero: Kono may try to hide it, but she's struggling to get past the incident...
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Kono is very lonely, and never had many friends. Her one and only friend ends up getting killed and dying in her arms.
- In-Series Nickname: Always goes by Kono.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: As a Wild Card, Kono is this.
- The Leader: Kono is the de facto leader of the Dark Knights.
- The Lost Lenore: Kono isn't getting over Kaori anytime soon.
- Older Than They Look: Due to being short and petite.
- Pink Means Feminine: She's pretty feminine.
- The Protagonist: Obviously.
- Second Year Protagonist: As per the tradition of Persona.
- Stepford Smiler: The depressed type. She's generally very cheerful, but her narrative can be pretty melancholic.
- Straight Gay: She doesn't act like the stereotypical lesbian.
- Superpower Lottery: As the Wild Card, she has access to almost every Persona.
- Survivor Guilt: She was the only one who left the mansion alive, and she hates herself for it.
- Trauma Button: Anything that reminds her of the murders.
- Weapon of Choice: Tessen, or war fans.
A second year attending Masayoshi High and part of Kono's class. Izumi has a bit of a reputation for being a delinquent and punk, but she is the first to really befriend Kono (aside from her cousin, Tai). She's a rebel at heart, and very open about her sexuality. Izumi becomes the first victim of the story, when she is kidnapped by her serial killer of a father, Chisuke Oishi or otherwise known as the Inventor. She later awakens to her Persona, Tamonten of the Chariot Arcana, after being dragged into Yomi by Shadow Igarashi while investigating the Masayoshi murders.
Izumi's superhero guise is known as Shioki, and her mask has a tiger skull theme. Her uniform is all black leather, with bones matching her skeleton. Izumi's weapon is various blunt objects, much like a certain canon character.
- Anti-Hero: Let's just say that Izumi somewhat... blurs the line between hero and villain.
- An Ice Person: Tamonten has ice abilities.
- Archnemesis Dad: Izumi's dad is a serial killer. One of their main goals is to apprehend him.
- Berserk Button: Izumi will literally kill you if you try to hurt Kono.
- Also don't say she'll become just like her father.
- Annnnd it's not a good idea to be homophobic in front of her.
- The Big Guy: Even though she's the second shortest human member of the squad.
- Blood Knight: Izumi really enjoys fighting. To the point of getting a kick out of killing Shadows. We're a bit concerned.
- Boobs of Steel: Averted. Izumi is one of the hardest hitters but she's the flattest girl.
- Book Dumb: Izumi isn't very... studious
- But Not Too Foreign: Izumi's father is half-white, making her a quarter white. The only real hint to that is her pale blue eyes.
- Chivalrous Pervert: She can be quite lewd at times, but she's got some morals.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: After watching her father butcher innocent women.
- Color Motif: Blue, which represents calmness and serenity, which is what she needs to learn to embody.
- It also represents masculinity and femininity, which she both has.
- Also black, which can represent menace or evil, which she is close to crossing the lines to.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It's not hard to get Izumi riled up.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Izumi likes leather... a lot.
- Hidden Depths: Izumi isn't the typical best friend character in Persona.
- Hot-Blooded: She can be quite... fiery at times.
- Lady Swears A Lot: Let's just say that Izumi doesn't exactly have filter.
- In the Blood: Part of Izumi's arc is overcoming her fear that she'll become just like her father.
- Japanese Delinquents: With her dyed hair,
- The Lancer: Plays this role, as the second-in-command of the D Ks.
- Meaningful Name: Izumi means "fountain". Fountains are connected to water. And what's the closest element to water in Persona?
- Missing Mom: Her mother, Katsumi Oishi, died from cervical cancer.
- No Inside Voice: Good luck keeping her quiet.
- Odango Hair: Wears her hair in this style.
- Really Gets Around: At least until she falls for Kono.
- Rebellious Spirit: She really does not do well with authority.
- Reformed Criminal: For the most part, she wants to make up for her misdeeds in the past.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Before her mother died and Chisuke went off the deep end, forcing Izumi to watch untold horrors...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She dyes her hair pastel blue.
A mysterious talking Fennec fox, who takes on the form of a kitsune to fight. Later, it is revealed that she actually is a goddess who has lost her powers. She is rather no non-sense, but she is very encouraging to Kono. She acts as an adviser to the team. Her arcana is Priestess, and her Persona is Oinari. She's specializes in psy and healing, and can also function as a navigator in a limited capacity.
- Faux Flame: Oinari has these.
- Intellectual Animal: She is quite intelligent.
- Meaningful Name: The zenko are benevolent, celestial foxes associated with Inari.
- The Omniscient: She seems to know more than she is letting on, and only tells the team a little information at a time.
- The Red Mage: She has psy and healing spells.
- Talking Animal: And no one other than Kono questions this.
- Team Mom: She looks out for everyone, especially Kono.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Zenko has the ability to take multiple forms, such as a small Fennec fox, a kitsune, and apparently a human girl, though that has yet to be seen.
Kono's cousin and the final founding member.
Kono's father's kid sister and her guardian during her stay in Kyoto, Sakura is a mangaka. However, Sakura has been suffering through some writer's block... until the D Ks comes along.
- Cool Aunt: Is very chill and relaxed about Kono's curfew.
- She prefers not to be called aunt though, especially seeing that her oldest nephew isn't that much younger than her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sakura's hair is reddish pink, much like another character named Sakura.