Voiced by: Johnny Depp
"I'm Sherlock Gnomes, sworn protector of garden gnomes."
- Cloudcuckoolander: He holds his nose in order to think and remember, for one thing.
- The Comically Serious
- Fat and Skinny: The Skinny to Watson's Fat.
- Great Detective: Described by Word of God as "the greatest ornamental detective".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Even though he's harsh and selfish at times.
- Rude Hero, Nice Sidekick: Sherlock gets wrapped up in himself quite a bit and even treats Watson poorly. The considerably friendlier Watson sticks with him and tries to clean up the messes resulting from his harshness. Eventually even he had enough and temporarily collaborated with Moriarty due to Sherlock's poor behavior.
- Seen It All: As this hilarious moment would indicate.Watson: (to Gnomeo and Juliet) Where were the two of you when this happened?
Sherlock: Oh, they're having a lovers' quarrel. See how she's facing away from him? She's angry with him. The flower in his hand was intended as a romantic gesture, a desperate act that predictably backfired.
Gnomeo: (offended) Oi!
- Small Name, Big Ego: Although his name might not be that small.
- Ungrateful Bastard: As time went on, his respect to Watson suddenly stopped. But he becomes more kinder to him at the end.
Dr. Gnome Watson
Voiced by: Chiwetel Ejiofor
"We all have our good and bad sides. Sherlock, Miss Juliet, me."
- Butt-Monkey: "Poor old miserabubble Watson." He suddenly can't catch a break throughout the whole movie.
- FaceHeel Turn: He turns on Sherlock due to the latter having no appreciation in the former as time went on. Fortunately, they make up at the end.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: When time had gone by, Watson's appreciation from Sherlock was deepening, so he decided to turn on Sherlock by playing the villain to get through the latter.
- Fat and Skinny: The Fat to Sherlock's Skinny.
- The Napoleon: He's about as shorter than Sherlock, as well as Juliet and Gnomeo.
- Straight Man: Watson is this to Sherlock.
Voiced by: Jamie Demetriou
"I've got lots of people who want me as an archenemy. I'm popular and bubbly! I'm a pie about town."
- Big Bad
- Disney Death: At the beginning of the movie, he was crushed by a dinosaur fossil. Suddenly, in the climax, he reveals that he survived by his rolling pin holding a piece up.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: Even he tries.
- Fat Bastard: His appearance is one thing, being the Big Bad is another.
- Mascot: To Moriarty's Pies.
Voiced by: Mary J. Blige
"A man doesn't make you strong."
- Break-Up Song: Five words: Stronger. Than. I. Ever. Was.
- "Dear John" Letter: Irene mentions this.Irene: A letter; you ended our engagement in a letter.
Juliet: You two were engaged?
- Furry Reminder: Irene (mostly by having real hair) is the most human-looking character in the main cast; in the scene where her doll joints are covered, she's drinking pretend tea and apparently believing it's real, like a doll would.
- Hartman Hips: Visible when wearing her boxing outfit.
- Unlimited Wardrobe