"I like to disappear into a role. I equate the success of it with a feeling of being chemically changed. That's the only way I can express it."
Chiwetel Umeadi Ejiofor note CBE (born 10 July 1977) is a British actor of Nigerian Igbo descent.
- Amistad (1997) as Ens. James Covey. His first film role.
- Dirty Pretty Things (2002) as Okwe
- Love Actually (2003) as Peter
- Melinda and Melinda (2004) as Ellis Moonsong
- Kinky Boots (2005) as Lola
- Serenity (2005) as The Operative
- Children of Men (2006) as Luke
- American Gangster (2007) as Huey Lucas
- Redbelt (2008) as Mike Terry
- 2012 (2009) as Dr. Adrian Helmsley
- Salt (2010) as Peabody
- 12 Years a Slave (2013) as Solomon Northrup. A Star-Making Role, for which he earned his first Oscar nomination.
- The Martian (2015) as Vincent Kapoor
- Marvel Cinematic Universe as Karl Mordo
- Come Sunday (2018) as Carlton Pearson
- Sherlock Gnomes (2018) as Gnome Watson (voice)
- The Lion King (2019) as Scar (voice)
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) as Conall
- The Old Guard (2020) as James Copley
- Infinite (2021) as Bathurst 2020
Tropes associated with Chiwetel Ejiofor:
- What Could Have Been:
- He was approached for the role of the Eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who before the casting of Matt Smith. However, Ejiofor turned down the offer due to scheduling conflicts and contractual disagreements with The BBC.
- He was considered for the titular role in a Black Panther film directed by John Singleton before the project was scrapped. He would later go on to portray Karl Mordo in Doctor Strange set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.