open/close all folders
An orphan wizardess who leaves home to study abroad at the distinguished Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy.
- Friend to All Living Things: She loves animals and hopes to become a veterinarian or tamer of magical creatures.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears her hair in twin-tails, prompting Klaus to dub her "Bunnyhead."
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The player has the option to change her name.
- Inept Mage: Her spells misfire comically more often than they work, and she notes that the only time her spells are reliable are when she's casting them on animals. Much of the problem is a lack of concentration on her part, but Klaus speculates that for her magic to go so dramatically awry so often, she must have some kind of unique inborn talent that she's thus far lacked the knowledge or training to tap into properly.
- The Ingenue: Liz is young, idealistic, and a virgin. Unfortunately, her naivety often catches the eye of characters who...don't quite have her best interest at heart.
- Oblivious to Her Own Description: In Luca's route, himself and Headmaster Randolph suggest that caring about a certain someone was responsible for his change of heart. Cue Liz asking who they're talking about.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Her one truly reliable magical talent is her natural ability to speak with and understand animals.
A friendly wizardess and Liz's roommate.
- Ascended Extra: She's always a part of Liz's stories as a supporting character. Some event stories promote her to main character status where she can pursue her own relationship.
- Curtains Match the Window: She has orange hair and eyes.
- Gay Option: In her side stories like "New Friends of Amelia", she can potentially pursue a Bifauxnen girl named Scarlett.
- Shipper on Deck: She will typically ship Liz with her selected love interest.
An aloof wizard who likes to be alone. He is a member of the prestigious Goldstein family, a title which he is resolved to live up to.
- Always Second Best: Elias pushes himself hard to be perfect because he feels he lacks natural talent and is constantly overshadowed by the reputation of his famous family and his older brother.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He has a hard time admitting his feelings.
- Ineffectual Loner: He prefers to be alone, but that changes when his route is selected.
- In-Series Nickname: Is often called "Prince Elias" or "the prince" by Luca.
A quiet and withdrawn wizard, who is rumored to be "cursed." A mysterious wolf always accompanies him. Elias is his roommate.
- Curse: Rumor has it that Yukiya is under a curse. For this reason, few of his peers are willing to get close to him, and only Elias - who dismisses the rumors as bunk - was willing to room with him. Elias is correct, and there is no actual curse.
- Eyepatch of Power: Yukiya's left eye is covered by an eyepatch, and the eye sometimes seems to pain him when he uses magic. The eye contains the seal of the magical contract which grants him his magic.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Most of his classmates are afraid of Yukiya and avoid even sitting near him in class, but despite his withdrawn manner, Yukiya is actually a very kind and gentle young man.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark blue hair.
A charming and talented wizard, and resident Casanova of the Academy. Enjoys pranks. Enjoys schoolwork less.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Luca is noted to be highly talented wizard by students and teachers alike, but he hates doing work and constantly skips classes due to finding them boring.
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's noted that he likes girls and the protagonist is no exception. Amelia tells the protagonist to stay away from him for this reason.
- Curtains Match the Window: Green hair and eyes.
- Darkand Troubled Past: Was locked in a cellar for most of his early life. He was allowed outside once he was old enough to attend the magic academy, but in his eyes, this was effectively another prison as he was not allowed to leave. This is also the reason he wants to escape the school to travel around the world.
- Handsome Lech: Noted to be quite good-looking by the protagonist and other students, but well...see Chivalrous Pervert.
- Jerkass: Drags a very sick Yukiya through the forest, for his quest to make it to the Tower of Sorrow.
- He also attempts to kill Professor Merkulova, though it is unclear whether he was really going to go through with it, or was just putting on an act because he knew the protagonist would stop him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: One interpretation. While he acts like he doesn't care about others, and repeatedly does things to hurt/confuse the protagonist, it is implied that he is trying to push her away so as to not feel bad about leaving Liz and the academy after obtaining the dragon eye. This is further proven by him giving the dragon eye to the Mysterious Beauty when Liz is threatened with danger. Taking into account his behaviour in other routes, it is probable that this heart of gold is brought out by his relationship with Liz in his route.
- Manipulative Bastard: Very eager to, and successful at manipulating the people around him, the most prominent example being his using of Professor Murkoluva and the protagonist to bring him to the Tower of Sorrow.
- In "The Performing Festival," Klaus's spin-off story, he purposely gets the protagonist in trouble for speaking in class so that Schuyler will give her a part in the school play as punishment. Then he gets himself in trouble (or rather brings up all the times he's caused trouble), and is appointed director as his "punishment."
- Really Royalty Reveal: Luca is the bastard child of the princess of Gedonelune.
- The Southpaw: Sprites and CG images show that Luca, the troublemaker, uses his wand left-handed when casting magic.
- The Trickster: Plays tricks others very often. He frequently uses a pillow to make a doppelganger of himself to attend class for him, to the point where Professor Schuyler can recognize the ruse pretty much immediately.
- In Klaus's route, Luca tells the protagonist a "spell to make people act nicely." It creates a giant pink toad on top of Klaus's head.
- In the side story "The Performing Festival," Luca gets Professor Schuyler to make him the director of the play. It goes exactly as you would expect it to.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
Elias's older brother and the Prefect of the school.
- The Ace: Klaus is good at pretty much everything, from magic to sports to making tea.
- Aloof Big Brother: Talented, respected, and held at a distance by his classmates and family alike, not to mention all too eager to point out Elias's flaws. Of course, he has his brother's best interests at heart.
- Ineffectual Loner: Largely in part due to strictness that borders on being absolutely terrifying.
- In-Series Nickname: Referred to as "the Emperor" by his fellow students.
- School Idol: As Prefect, he has enough status around the school that he's treated more like a teacher than a student, exempt from many of the rules governing the student body, and even occasionally teaching classes when the professors need a substitute. Along with his reputation, he is also called "the Emperor" by the students, and is looked to as such.
A young wizard who believes that all magic is good.
A foreign wizard from the country of Hinomoto. He's Randy's roommate.
A "spellsinger," a wizard with the talent for working magic via music. He seems oddly familiar to the protagonist.
- Brutal Honesty: Joel tends to say whatever he thinks without filtering for tact. Though he doesn't mean it to be hurtful, he can say some pretty harsh things.
- Forgotten First Meeting: He and the protagonist were best friends as children and promised to attend the magic academy together. The protagonist has forgotten their friendship until she arrives at the academy, however.
- Magic Music: His gift for spellsinging means that Joel can use magic without a wand by singing.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Joel confesses to the heroine on Vincent's route, to no avail.
A visiting wizard who excels and combat magic and guest-teaches several classes on the subject, while also attending classes as a student to improve his poor skills at healing magic.
- Celibate Hero: Vincent feels that he has no business getting involved with any girl because he believes he'd only make her unhappy. This leads him to reject the protagonist despite their strong mutual feelings for each other.
- Meaningful Name: Knight, as in Knight in Shining Armor. He's a Knight of the Ministry of Magical Justice.
A mysterious young man who seems to have lost his memory. He is quiet most of the time, but in class he surprises everyone by demonstrating astonishingly powerful magic.
A serious student who consistently achieves high grades. However, for some reason he only attends morning classes.
- Friendless Background: Before meeting the protagonist, Cerim says he's never had a friend.
- Oblivious to Love: Cerim completely fails to pick up on any indication of romantic feelings from the protagonist for a good bit of his route. When she dares to try holding his hand, he thinks it's because she's worried about getting lost.
An athletic student whose cheerful personality makes him popular around Gedonelune Royal Academy. He's good at sports, but not a fan of studying so he often has to take supplementary classes.
A quiet Guardian Mage who was sent to the Academy by the Ministry.
A senior student who uses archery to perform magic.
The Prefect's right-hand man and a skilled magical tamer.
A gifted Magical Tree Doctor who wrote most of the major textbooks on magical plants.
Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy Staff Members
Headmaster of Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy with a kind, yet stern demeanor.
- Only One Name: His family name is never given.
The stern teacher of Magical Tools, Magical Incantations and Curse Spells.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He has black hair, wears black robes and has a gloomy demeanor, but he is a good person.
- Good Is Not Nice: His job is to teach young wizards and wizardesses to use magic. However, he's not afraid to criticize them if they mess up a spell.
- Shout-Out: He bears a striking resemblance to Severus Snape.
- Stern Teacher: He's very strict with his classes and is exceptionally critical of his students should they mess up.