The player character for the game:
The Newcomer (Default: Hikaru Kasane; aliases include Subject Zero)
A new student to Power Academy, one who may have a significant impact on events during his/her time there...
- Action Girl / Dark Action Girl: If female.
- Anti-Hero: Can be played as such.
- Bash Brothers / Lovely Angels: Forms a pair with their closest companion.
- Battle Couple: If a party member is romanced.
- Bi the Way: Given that same-sex romance options are available, this is at least a possibility.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pretty much his/her job.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Depending on playstyle and the number of sidequests done.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often has snarky dialogue options.
- Even the Guys Want Him / Even the Girls Want Her: Regardless of character customization, various characters of the opposite and same sex alike will find him/her attractive.
- Gone Horribly Right: As a failsafe, Jonathan gave Hikaru the ability to deal direct damage to a Great Old One in case Terminus ever betrayed him. S/he ends up defeating them both.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Played with; regardless of what Hikaru is referred to in game ("Subject Zero" being the most common handle), their name can still be customized (and their chosen first name can be seen in flavor text). Hikaru Kasane is just the default.
- The Lancer / Supporting Protagonist: During party members' personal quests. Hikaru is basically just helping them along in their individual arcs. S/he has a bigger role in the main story, though.
- The Leader: For the player party.
- Mr. Fanservice / Ms. Fanservice: In-universe; see Even the Guys/Girls Want Him/Her above.
- Multiple-Choice Past
- Protagonist Without a Past: Subverted. They do have a past depending on origin chosen, but they don't find out the exact details until later. In each origin, a certain villain meddled with their lives and erased or altered their memories to conceal the deed.
- Shipper on Deck / The Matchmaker: Can act as a matchmaker for most party members.
- Ultimate Life Form: Hikaru was created by Jonathan Knight as a prototype for one. Terminus intended to use him/her as a double-agent to pave the way for her path of destruction. Knight, in turn, gave him/her the ability to deal damage to a Great Old One directly.
- Verbal Judo: Can defuse a bad situation with the right dialogue options.
- Virtual Paper Doll
- Weirdness Magnet
- Artificial Human: S/he is the result of an Ultimate Life Form project.
- Combo Platter Powers: Has control over three elements, but is not a master of all three.
- Younger Than They Look: Though s/he appears 17 and has the mindset of a 17-year-old, s/he was created only a few years before.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Fears this after learning about his/her past.
- Empowered Badass Normal: The closest thing to a Badass Normal for a player character.
- The Gunslinger: Gains bonuses towards using ranged weapons.
- Pro-Human Transhuman
- Super Soldier: Intended as one by Vilhelm.
- Super Strength: As a result of his/her enhanced bone structure.