Criminal Case is filled with characters, so there's a separate character page for each season of the game. World Edition, however, focuses on a single villainous organization, so notable members of it have a page of their own. The Conspiracy also focuses on a villainous organization, so its prominent members have a page of their own.
- Season 1: Grimsborough
- Season 2: Pacific Bay
- Season 3: World Edition
- Season 4: Mysteries of the Past
- Season 5: The Conspiracy
- Season 6: Travel In Time
- Season 7: Supernatural Investigations
- Season 8: City Of Romance
open/close all folders
The Player Character
The Player Character
The police detective whom the player controls.
- The Ace: Many of the characters, police and otherwise, are quite impressed by the player character's abilities, and remark upon them.
- Adventure Duo: The player character always works together with another team member to investigate the various murder cases.
- Audience Surrogate
- Beware the Nice Ones: Judging by the other characters' dialogue, the player character is a genuinely nice person in-universe, if apparently a little stiff-necked...but they still occasionally manage to make their colleagues break out in nervous sweat during seasons 2 and 3.Frank : Alright, alright, I'll help out, don't yell!
- Bouquet Toss: Ends up catching the wedding bouquet at Carrie and Enzo's wedding in the finale.
- But Now I Must Go: At the end of seasons 1 and 2, the player character leaves their colleagues/friends behind, as they head for Pacific Bay and the Bureau, respectively.
- Eagle-Eye Detection: Possessed by your character in-story, and it's also a necessary tool for players to accurately find the hidden items in various scenes.
- Featureless Protagonist: The player character gets very little characterization, no doubt letting players project whatever personality they want onto them.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Well, the name is not really customizable in-game, but the PC has no Canon Name and would be referred to by the actual player's Facebook account name.
- Heroic Mime: Everybody talks to the player character, addresses them by name, offers them gifts of food or clothing, gives orders to them, flirts with them, cusses them out...and your character never says a word (that's shown on-screen, at least) in response, although character reactions show that the main character is intelligent and not above teasing.
- The Main Characters Do Everything: Zigzagged. The player character investigates crime scenes, interviews witnesses and suspects, pieces evidence together, and collects fingerprints and DNA samples. Deeper analysis of said evidence — fingerprints, chemical substances, and DNA samples — is usually done by the coroner, forensics or tech experts of the PD, who are naturally more qualified to do that sort of thing, and they don't go around conducting interviews of witnesses or suspects the way most CSI-related series would do. However, there are also times where the player character is asked to "match" fingerprints and even biological molecules and chemical substances with the database because it would take the other team members (you know, the experts) "too long" to analyze.
- Not So Stoic: Judging by the other character's dialogue, the player character does seem to possess a sense of humor in Season 1. During the later seasons... not so.
- Only Sane Man: At times, they're depicted as such when everyone else is panicking or completely lost.
- Repeating So the Audience Can Hear: As the player is a Heroic Mime, dialogue with the partner characters is usually this.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: In Case 23 of Pacific Bay, the player character defies a direct order from Chief Marquez to evacuate in the face of a hurricane. She's not happy about it.
- Secret-Keeper: Tasked with keeping the existence of aliens a secret at the end of the Rhine Canyon arc in Season 2.
- Silent Snarker: The player character is a Heroic Mime, but judging how sometimes their partners say something like "Oh, I know that face, [player name]. Stop it.", it seems the player character is quite a Deadpan Snarker just by making a facial expression.
- The Stoic: Nothing, be it bombings, people butchered like pigs, homicidal robots, plane crashes, deranged supercomputers, or assassination attempts, ever seem to bother your character. See also The Unfettered.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Burgers. While other consumables such as Orange Juice snd Fries are available, a lot of the characters have mentioned how the player enjoys burgers the best.
- Tranquil Fury: In-universe, the player character is generally level-headed and calm, but apparently not above losing their cool in a seething fashion, especially if their judgement is questioned. One example from Season 2:Amy (nervously): I'm not doubting you! I guess I just need to hone my detective senses further. Let's send this plastic bit to the lab and see what Yann can do with it!
- Evidently Jack's and Lars' knock-knock jokes can also result in this during Season 3.
- Unaffected by Spice: In case 51 of The Conspiracy, unlike Rita, they don't flail about for a glass of milk after they try Ramirez's pico de gallo containing habanero peppers.
- Undying Loyalty: The player is on the receiving end of this a lot, particularly from the department they're working with and even from traitors such as Frank Knight, Angela Douglas, or Nefertiti.
- The Unfettered: In-universe, the player character is not moved by threats, lies, or attempted bribery, nor are they ever distracted from duty.
- Virtual Paper Doll: You can make your character avatar male or female, and adjust their hair, facial expression, and clothing as you see fit. Some hairstyles, facial expressions, and clothing accessories can be unlocked when you level up to a certain extent, some have to be purchased with in-game coins (which you earn from each crime scene you investigate), and others are gained as rewards for finishing the side-quests associated with each case.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We transition from Mysteries of the Past to the Conspiracy without any explanation of what happened to the PC of the former.