- The Truman Show
- The Graduate
- Forrest Gump
- The Back to the Future trilogy
- The first three Star Wars movies (I haven't seen any of the others yet though, aside from the Star Wars Holiday Special which I only watched with its Rifftrax)
Pages created, in order of date of creation:
- One-Book Author: My favorite of all the tropes I've created, as I find everything on it so interesting (especially the music section).
- Politically Motivated Teacher: Why, yes, I was inspired to create this page by a teacher of mine. Sociology class was always so interesting...and then he'd start ranting and raving about how the country's going to pot and modern country music is really pop music.
- Going Mobile: Because I was shocked that we had no page about the mobile web. Named for The Who's song from their Who's Next album. Of course.
- Country Cousin: WHY IS IT THAT THIS PAGE IS SO UNPOPULAR?!?? THIS IS SUCH AN UBIQUITOUS TROPE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!
- Albums Index: I'm so proud of this page that I took the photograph that serves as the page image.
- Hypnotism Cut: Name now changed to More Hypnotizable Than He Thinks.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: Nothin' to say here. Just another trope I noticed that wasn't yet on this wiki. Move along, now.
- Snarky Inanimate Object: It seemed to get a lot of fanfare in YKTTW, so lettuce C.
- YKTTWs I started that were launched by someone else.
- Precocious (webcomic): Big fan, big fan. It's funny, and the author's a pretty cool guy, he draws comics and doesn't afraid of anything. Couldn't resist—that's one of the few memes I always find funny.
- Make It Sweet!: Made during a period where I was kinda obsessed with Um Jammer Lammy.
- probably others I can't remember it's been years since I really heavily contributed to the Wiki
- Cannot Be Hypnotized
- Laconic: A character who cannot be hynotized.
- Name stolen from a commenter on Hypnotism Cut.
- All You Need Is Love
Pages I've added images to:
- Scatman John, the first page for which I've ever added an image on this wiki. I also helped fix the page up a little, but, still, the page Needs More Love.
- The YMMV page for The Beatles. I know, YMMV pages don't need images, but that one was too hard to pass up.
- Albums Index. Yes, I took that photo myself. Yes, that is actually the American LP of Rubber Soul, but that's not the point.
- Snarky Inanimate Object, because that comic (which inspired the original YKTTW) was too good of an opportunity to pass up.
Tropes I've Renamed:
Tropes that I guess relate to me somehow:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Alliteration automatically adds awesomeness to any and all accessible areas of words. I mean, technically that was assonance, but you get the picture. I like wordplay probably about as much as John Lennon, George Harrison, or Abbott and Costello did.
- Cool Loser: Personality-wise, I am quite outgoing, witty, smart, and modest. I'm also told by some that I'm attractive. I have few friends.
- Grammar Nazi: Now, even if it does bother me, I don't usually comment on other people's grammar, as even I myself take artistic liberties with the language quite often. However, make a spelling error, your/you're/yore/Yor error, to/too/two/tú error, any error involving homophones (not including puns—those I'm totally fine with and highly encourage), or any grammar error that just defies logic, expect me to berate you profusely.
- G-Rated Drug: I am a Coke addict. Caffeine free, to be specific
- Gratuitous Spanish: I am by no means bilingual, but my speech is littered with basic Spanish (especially amigo, hola, and adiós). Also, I wrote a song with a line that was roughly the Spanish equivalent of "while I have a nervous breakdown."
- Gretzky Has the Ball: I have very little interest in spectating sports, so I usually shut up about them in order to avert this.
- Insane Troll Logic/Mind Screw: I love screwing with people's heads. Not vindictively, mind you, but for the sake of humor. ANYTHING FOR COMEDY!!
- Lazy Artist: Yeah, I'll get to most of this later.
- Memetic Badass: For a friend of mine and I, HENRY FREAKIN' CLAY. Yes, the 19th century Kentuckian statesman (and, for a period, Speaker of the House) known as The Great Compromiser
- The Musical: I WISH life could be a musical. Whenever I burst into song randomly, people only join in if it's "Bohemian Rhapsody".
- Self-Backing Vocalist: To the point where I started to even make my own a capella version of the song "Band on the Run". Basically, all of the musical recordings I have made more or less feature only my voice. The only one or two (or three?) I made with someone else were joke recordings.
- Self-Deprecation: Well, what else can you expect from an overweight nerd with a high voice and very few friends?
- Shout-Out: I often include references to other music I like in my own songs, even if what I'm referencing isn't even remotely related to the song I'm doing. A particularly bizarre one I did was an incredibly overdramatic cover of the Vengaboys song "Boom Boom Boom Boom" in which I included brief musical snippets of "Let's Spend the Night Together" and "Ruby Tuesday".
- Shrinking Violet: I used to be this. I was stupid back then. I blame television. And books that are set in school. And teen movies. …anyhoo. Frankly, it's boring and awkward being a Shrinking Violet. I like to have fun. Now, I like to act the fool no matter what, not really caring who's watching and whatnot. Basically, my philosophy is fun for myself and others. Keep everyone laughing, as it'll keep 'em happy. I aspire to be Comic Relief in real life, even if I tend to take it to the point of obnoxiousness at times.
- Stepford Smiler: Okay, you already knew this would be here, since so many tropers here tend to describe themselves with every antisocial trope in the book. So, I'll be brief—I don't like to be a downer. If I'm feeling particularly peeved or down, however, there's no chance of me hiding it.
- Wall of Text: When I get going, I can really go on for a while. Be it ranting or rambling, I have a bad problem keeping myself from being too verbose online especially. This is why I hate YouTube's 500-character limit for comments.
- Waxing Lyrical: Because you can't be an amateur music buff without this trope being in full effect. Hell, I quoted "Sabotage" during a debate in history class once! (For those curious, the debate was on the Corrupt Bargain.)
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Even if people's stupid actions and selfishness upset me on a daily basis (especially when I'm watching some certain segments from What Would You Do?), I'm one of those few people who still believes that all people have the capacity to be good, like I believe everyone truly is a heart. I have some hope for the world, and that's what keeps me doing good deeds (and also because it's the right thing to do, duh). Although it kinda sucks that so few people can say "thank you" when you hold a door for them, but whatever, take it in stride.
- A Worldwide Punomenon: Wordplay, oh how I love thee.
Projects I am working on:
- Writing and recording whatever songs pop into my head. Not really a "project", per say, so much as it is a hobby.
- A Back to the Future Rock Opera. I thought of this as a joke in the "Let's talk about nonexistent music" thread in the Forum Games board (a band making Rock Operas out of all of Robert Zemeckis's movies, to be more specific), but now I am seriously starting to work on it. I have two songs written and one song recorded so far (listed in the order written):
- "Lightning Strikes (The Clock Tower)" - from when Marty gets back to Doc Brown to when he arrives back in 1985 and is about to run to get to the present Doc Brown before he gets shot. I don't think it came out as good as it should have (although, let's be honest, I can only play the guitar, and what I was imagining requires at least a full rock band—although it's kind of sub-par lyrically, too...), but I was able to sample the sound of the Delorean traveling though time.
- "A Little Something Called Rock 'n Roll" - written to replace "Johnny B. Goode", since I'm figuring if I wanna sell the album once I'm done with it I don't want to have to go through the hell of licensing a cover. (That's not to say I'm not thinking of covers as bonus tracks, though ;] note ) Anyhoo, writing a Chuck Berry-style song is easy. It's playing it that's hard if you're not good at soloing.
- Not a song, but I'm considering the title Rock to the Future. Cheesy, I know, but it's the best I've got right now. More creative than just calling it X: The Variation.
- HE'S ALSO WORKING ON STUFF WITH ME YOU GUYS I SWEARZ
- A Rock Opera about the world today through the lens of a few different perspectives, but mostly focusing on a folk punk band whose two central characters are named after an Electric Light Orchestra song and a Beatles song. Very pretentious in concept, hopefully better in execution.
- A comic book series I started in middle school named Tacky Racky: Digging Raccoon...which didn't even last past a single issue thanks to procrastination, and since it wasn't really much more than a mediocre (if bizarre) Sonic the Hedgehog ripoff. I provide a rough outline of it here.
Inherently awesome words you should use more often in your daily lexicon:
- Sojourn - use in place of "go", "travel", etc. to spice up your speech.
- Perpendicular - it just sounds cool. And I remember a scene in an otherwise meh Sonic comic with Tails mispronouncing it for no reason (padding aside). Don't be Tails, people.
- Lexicon - because the word "vocabulary" just doesn't cut it sometimes.
- Palindrome - for obvious reasons.
- Cylindrical - it just rolls off the tongue quite nicely.
- Frindle - my iPod's autocorrect even knows it!
open/close all folders
I'm told by people that I need a vandalism folder here even though I really don't care too much about that vandalism forum game.
So Yeah. I guess hit me with your best shot? Fire away!
- FIRST BLOOD! ~@MilosStefanovic
- "Vandalized once, shame on the vandal; vandalized twice, shame on the vandalized!" >:D - Stolen By Faeries
- Apples In Stereo and Cagetheelephant? Me gusta. ~Junfez
- Normally I would write something extremely long-winded and self referential here, but I'm just not feeling it right now. Maybe if I just get started, I'll eventually figure out somewhere to go with my words. An maybe if I'm really lucky, what I say might end up making some semblance of sense. Okay, now I'm being overly-optimistic. - Completely Normal Guy
- Now, this is new. Your page really is original. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Greetings. Is it donkey patch yet? -VmKid
- I apparently cannot read, since I did NOT notice the link in your signature. Derpy derp. My apologies, sport. - Motree
- Ba~Boo!!... No idea why I wrote that. Anyway, greetings, fellow music lover!! - Karasu91
- Yo, psych kid! :D ~Inhopelessguy
- Dem that wiki coding to hel. ~Mighty Kombat
- Back to the Future. Rock opera. I love you, man. ~ eternal Noob
- Is it odd that I'm on this page? ~ Magcargo Man
- I had no idea you had your page up!!! ~ MSCC93
- My page is one that this wiki seems to hate, due to its very nature and the content within (a.k.a. the fact that a number is the first...letter(?) in it). —The Management
- Hello, 0dd! How are yo? :3 - kay4today
- That's wack, yo. —The Management.
- Hiya -terlwyth
- It is a pleasure to vandalize you! Cheers! - Quag15
- For Albums Index
- For use that should be obvious.
- This too shall pass
- For the Clone High page to illustrate an example.
- For the only response to the destruction of faith in humanity.
- "Well, that seems a bit...<image>!" *cue CSI: Miami opening*
- I uploaded this solely to make a joke in the thread for the Incredibles sequel.
- "thumbs left"
- For sudden freakouts, the Chill Pills.
- For Music.Make It Sweet.
This page is under construction. It probably always will be.