Sugar Wiki: Gushing About Villains You Like
Villains are a lot of things.
They can be monstrous, sympathetic, may mean well, but become villains because of their good intentions,
and may be even woobies!
And we love
them for that...
So this page was created for the sole purpose of gushing about the baddies you love to hate!
Related to Gushing About Characters You Like
, Gushing About Shows You Like
and the other gush pages.
NOTE: Please do NOT bash other people for liking a villain you hate! This page is for gushing, NOT starting flame wars! Also, PLEASE put examples in ABC order to avoid duplicates and confusion!
open/close all folders
- Freddy Krueger is most DEFINETLY one of the best horror villains out there! His monstorous, amusing, smart and Deadpan Snarker personality REALLY works well! I also like his glove! It's too bad he had to go through Villain Decay though...
- THE CREEPER!!! Omigosh, where do I START with this guy?! He has an awesome truck, awesome humor, awesome wings, awesome attitude... he practically OOZES awesomeness!!!
- Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th is also rather awesome, namely for his sympathetic backstory.
- Chernabog from the Night on Bald Mountain sequence of Fantasia, for this troper at least, is the perfect personification of evil in the animated medium. He never utters a single line, yet has instilled fear into many tropers and is considered one of Disney's greatest villains. Torturing his own minions for his amusement, summoning the spirits of the dead to dance for him, and being driven back only by the ringing of holy bells and the approaching dawn (And even then, only temporarily), Chernabog was evil itself in its most frightening form.
- Sol of Warrior Cats is an amazing villain. He's always cool and composed, and is very snarky. He also has delightfully satisfying plans, and is mysterious enough to merit any number of crazy guesses. He's one of the most unique, and interesting antagonists in the series, and that's saying something.
- Once Upon a Time main villains/antagonists are awesome:
- The nicer ones :
- Regina may not even count as a villain since she was Forced Into Evil, but there's something so touching in her unwavering faith in Daniel and her other father's memory, and in her love for them. She is also a loving, responsible mother, one of the funniest Deadpan Snarker on the show, and her determined but illogical frantic assaults against all obstacles are very inspiring. She also has an awesome theme : .
- Then there is Mr Gold, the charmingly funny Affably Evil Magnificent Bastard who plays everyone like he would a fiddle. His name is actually Rumplestiltskin, and he does everything he does to find and save his son.
- The harsher ones :
- Captain Hook is the ultimate deconstruction of Handsome Devil. He is charming, polite, and does everything he does to get revenge after a horrible crime. He has no standards, he is lecherous, disrespectful, his fights have frequent rape subtext, and he subverts Would Not Hit A Girl twice an episode.
- Cora is a nice, beautiful, motherly woman who appears to be in her late fifties, early sixties. She's also a Stage Mom of hell who kills anyone if it can better her social standing, including children, is Really 700 Years Old, is awfully cynical, and was a Stage Mom. She is deeply sympathetic because she still loves her daughter more than anything.
- Iago. The greatest Manipulative Bastard ever. At the start of the play, he is passed over for a promotion (and, like all great villains, he knows his own worth). He responds by manipulating every other character in the play in order to destroy Othello. And succeeds.
- Can anyone say "Sovereign?" It's one of the largest ships in the entire galaxy, and it has firepower to match; of course it just settles for ramming straight into enemy fleets, WHICH WORKS. Even when it is defeated, it takes an ENTIRE FLEET and Commander Shepard's crew to put it down. And even then, it brings down multiple Alliance Ships with it. It even has ominous music to go with it.
- Wild Dog, from Time Crisis. He's probably one of the most indestrucible villains of all time. He has his battle against the VSSE in every game, and whenever he's defeated, he blows himself up. But that's also a hint that he'll be back right away. He also has a very awesome Leitmotif.
- Albedo! From the video game Xenosaga, this guy is insane... FREAKING insane!!! The fact that he can regenerate his limbs, that slithery voice of his *, his cool E.S named Simeon... Everything about this guy is just COOL!!!
- I've got two words right here; Master Xehanort. Good Lord, Master Xehanort! He's been everything from (Presumably) The Ace to (Definitely) a Badass Grandpa. His actions have shaped the entire fate of the World(Read; universe) for over the last ten years, permenately reshaping it. His existence has split into several others, each one just as threatening and formidable as the last. The greatest bit of it all? Every event, every action taken by himself or his Heartless and/or Nobody is interconnected. It's all one giant plot, and it's working. Xehanort and Xanatos should be tied for the Tropes they live.