Roleplay: Personification Life
RP created by Dabfia
and maintained by Swith Witherward.
As of May 2013, the IC page is run by Cerillium
, and OOC by Swith.
be found here.
The most fitting description of this RP is "'It's supposed to make sense
?'" Some characters are from the nations created by their users, while others are...of uncertain nature. A reading of the effin' manual
says: "'We have anthros, velociraptors, gods, demons, angels, cyborgs, robots, magic users and mystical beings, warriors/soldiers/super soldiers, average mortals, A.I.s, thieves, spies, emperors, mad scientists, and whatever Bones and his brothers are. Anime seems to be a big theme, followed by offshoots of various pantheons and fiction.'"
Among many others, some genre that is currently in use includes Portal
, Cthulhu Mythos
, Warhammer 40K
, Star Wars
, Star Trek
, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
, and Doctor Who
. All Myths Are True
, but some figures and pantheons are relegated to control by certain players.Check out our awesome wiki!And now, I give you...
- Arc Welding - The setting every time someone wants to do an invasion or some other nonsense that would be easily defeated due to current characters/things in place/current tech. In some cases, we don't succumb to Arc Welding, such as the Innovators wanting their tech to be superior, because doing so would open the door to "Dani Spanks the World Part IV" should she return.
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Affably Evil - The Raptors are quite pleasant when not murdering random people for food, building weapons of mass destruction, or plotting to take over the world.
- Afraid of Blood - Chrys.
- Almighty Janitor: Literally.
- All Myths Are True - Heavily implied, especially here.
- Artistic License
- All Nations Are Superpowers
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent
- Anthropomorphic Personification - Just about every last Chaos avatar and the gods themselves.
- Anything That Moves - Dora, initially, though she's toned it down some.
- Badass Family
- Batman Gambit
- Bi the Way
- Black and Gray Morality
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Brown Note:
- Canon Welding
- Child Soldier:
- Tora was kidnapped by her nation's rebels and forced to help them. After they were crushed, the military recruited her.
- Cinnamon is more of a child pilot but still fits. She was put into training for the government military at the age of 6.
- City of Weirdos
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe - Klaus and his Men
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Neil thinks waffles come from the waffalo (a waffle/buffalo hybrid) and Gretta is only marginally saner than him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl - And how?
- How Tsu can get with the people she has dated, especially Torii, going on occasion into full-blown Yandere.
- Torii herself towards her sister, Katya, when she began dating Yoshi, and to Bran, who has served as a father figure to her.
- Giovenith, of all people, showed a rather disturbing side of this when her older brother began dating, to the point of making up stories about the woman assaulting infants just to antagonize her to the others. Word of God states she has behaved this way to every person her brother has ever tried to have a romantic relationship with.
- A Child Shall Lead Them - Implied with Gio.
- Cute Critters Act Childlike - Averted with the ponies. Sterling and Willow make it clear many times they are legal adults who lived alone and held jobs before coming to Bielefeld, assert their authority to characters under 18 when the situation calls for it, damn things to Tartarus, and get drunk. Willow enjoys drinking strong coffee brews, is a Deadpan Snarker, has an aversion to young children, and at times considers himself Gio's de facto legal guardian by virtue of living with her. Sterling has received higher education, and runs his own library.
- A Darker Me - Dab with Evil Dab and a Few of the Raptors counterparts from other universes and definitely clone NVE.
- Death Is Cheap - Almost every character has died and been revived, either through some local divine intervention or the resident mad scientists.
- Death's Hourglass - Readouts.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu? - Neil does this often.
- Eldritch Abomination - Too many to name but we can try...
- The Great Old Ones
- The Chaos Gods
- Eldritch Location - Many.
- Bones' room
- Prim's room
- Swith's room
- The City at one point
- The Building
- The Ruins
- Embarrassing First Name - Cinnamon Thompson
- Embarrassing Tattoo - Dora, thanks to Larry. No longer applies, as she has a new body.
- Everything's Better with Penguins
- Eye Color Change:
- Chrys and Luce, using their powers.
- Applies more generally to Conservators, but hasn't been seen.
- Anyone who becomes Tainted gets pretty new purple eyes. Ei
- Exposition of Immortality
- Fantastic Drug - Wa N Ts
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink
- Fate Worse than Death:
- Insidiousís telepathy seems cool, until you realize she canít turn it off.
- Fauxlosophic Narration
- Five-Bad Band - The Raptors
- Foil - Naomi and Swith.
- For Happiness
- Funetik Aksent - Totenkopf.
- Happily Married: A pleasant abundance are this.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl:
- Insidious (+ with drugs)
- Katya (once)
- Healing Factor
- Hollywood Tactics
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl - Relatively, with Dia (7'5") and Chrys (5'1").
- I Am X, Son of Y - Sigtrygg Karlsson Snjalli
- I Just Want to Have Friends - Bran.
- Identity Amnesia - Snowskeeper.
- Immortality Bisexuality:
- I'm Taking Them Home With Me - Giovenith's first meeting with the ponies.
- Immune to Drugs:
- Minerva and her Lads
- Insane Troll Logic:
- Instant-Win Condition - Most of the Arcs have this.
- It Amused Me:
- Kiddie Kid - Gio facilitates between this, and Wise Beyond Their Years, depending on the gravity of the situation.
- Local Hangout - Chaos.
- Noodle Incident
- Mad Artist - Though most examples are non-evil.
- Possibly Willow too, though it depends on one's point of view, and only really manifests when someone disrespects his work.
- Mad Scientist - Many residents are.
- Meaningful Name:
- Neil Von Eldritch stands in conjunction with the acronym "NVE" which also stands for New Velociraptor Empire, the name of the nation
- Chernaya Varona's name translates out to "Black Raven" in Russian and take into account her callsign, her name comes out as "Black Shadow Raven"
- Sinyaya Ptitsa's full name is "Sinyaya Ptitsa Schast'ya" which also translates out from Russian into "Blue Bird of Happiness"
- Me's a Crowd - Often happens to the raptors after some mad science.
- Mind over Matter - Primordial's main power.
- Mysterious Past - Dora explaining something about the Conservatores to Giovenith.
- Modesty Shorts - Gio is mentioned to wear these.
- Mysterious Waif - Giovenith leaned towards this when she was first discovered by Bones & Co. near the apartment... painting trees.
- Mystical White Hair
- Giovenith. A running trait in her pantheon.
- No Name Given:
- Bane is not that entity's real name. It doesn't have a name.
- The deities known only as the 'boss-couple' among the Conservatores.
- Oh My Gods!
- Older than They Look
- Thomas Quirkland
- Cornelius Thriller
- Snowskeeper Ferenczy
- Primordial's group
- The Omniscient:
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Flint (Veronika Konstantinova)
- Swith (Charumati)
- Deuce (Dexter Usseio, the number 2 being his unit standing)
- Fortu (the 42nd clone)
- Tipper (Calista of Usseio)
- MB (he does have a name)
- Ceril (Cerillium is a descriptive nickname. Thaddeus Usseio)
- Monique (M-Series Q v3.1)
- Jacob and Albert
- Only One Name
- All Conservatores. So far, at least.
- Zarkani, for the brief time that he existed.
- Baen; he doesn't remember it, anyway
- Overly Long Name - Gio's full name is given as, "Encantress Giovenith-Serina Jerid of Pearlelei's Own." Even she thinks it is way overboard.
- Physical God - Several characters.
- Powers That Be - Constantly referenced, occasionally seen. Includes Elohim, Swith's Higher Being, Pearlelei, the Conservatores' bosses, and others.
- Psychic Radar - Chaos forces, especially Tipper, Siduer and Ogoti
- Rant Inducing Slight
- Raptor Attack of The Reptilians
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Reality Warper - Swith
- Really 700 Years Old
- All Chaos Cultists and their daemons
- All Conservators
- Running Gag
- Cactus Bran
- Indonesian Prime Minister
- Flying tea trays
- The ponies are mistaken for Slaaneshi.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training - Cinnamon is a great pilot, but a not-so-great cook.
- Save Your Deity:
- Naomi, Ceril, Neil, Torii going to help get Swith to a new matrix
- Swith, Thriller, Bran and two others saving Kei's space-station-based essence thing
- Dia addresses some of the teenagers as such when he finds them fumbling around.
"I see a bunch of kids, but no meddling dog
. Or rabbit. Or whatever cute furry creature might be 'round you or about you."
- MB eating part of the Eiffel Tower is a reference to GI Joe: Rise of Cobra, with the Eiffel Tower being partially destroyed by metal-eating nanomachines.
- Sugar and Ice Personality - Dora, especially when others get too attached to her.
- Super Soldier
- Stone Wall
- The Alcoholic - Flint, like any good Stalker of the Zone, has a taste for vodka. She, however, takes it a step further due to her high alcohol tolerance.
- The Spartan Way - How Cinnamon was raised.
- They Killed Kenny Again - Yoshi
- Time Abyss:
- All Chaos avatars excluding Naomi
- Tome of Eldritch Lore
- Truly Single Parent - Pearlelei.
- Tyke Bomb - Zarkanian Secret Policemen.
- Villain Has a Point - The unnamed darkness-boy from one of the earlier threads brings up the valid point of the apartment-dwellers having no more reason to trust Giovenith than they did him, saying they only do so because they met her first, and her being "cute and innocent-seeming". Despite the fact that in the end he did turn out to be evil (on the side of the God War that wished to delete existence), and that they were right to defend her, many of the people did not know any of this before coming to Gio's defense, giving some partial weight to what he said.
- Vodka Drunkenski - Though technically not Russia, the Zone might as well be. As such, Flint fits (maybe a bit awkwardly) into this trope.
- Who Wants to Live Forever? - Dora, to Torii, during Hastur's invasion and the associated nightmares.
- You Gotta Have Red Hair - Dora and Minerva
- You Are Number Six:
- Alpha; before he was assigned that nickname he was called exclusively 101.
- Colonel 187
- All members of the Zarkanian Secret Police.
- Fortu (42)
- Monique (MNQ)