We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Just For Fun: Princess Kenny
A Note from Eric Cartman
(プリンセス♥ケニー) is a 2013 Japanese anime
series by Studio SPARK
. The series follows the adventures of the titular Magical Girl
helps the Sony
Corporation win the Console Wars and fights for her acceptance as the land's beloved princess. Encountering wizards, elves, tentacle monsters
, zombies and Nazi Zombies
, Kenny must use her powers of true love to help out her friends on her quest and fight the evil Wizard King
. And sell more PlayStation 4
Full episodes can be watched online for free here
, and reviews can be found here
This show provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: A running gag with Princess Kenny; we don't know why her boobs are so tiny either. One Filler episode focused entirely on Kenny wanting larger breasts, which resulted in her blowing herself up with a bicycle pump, fighting a Tyrannosaurus rex, destroying shipments of Chinpokomon XX and Chinpokomon XY, manipulating the Wizard King into mowing the lawnnote , and shopping at 7-Eleven.
- Adaptational Villainy: In the tie-in videogame, Princess Kenny is the final boss, and turns herself into a Nazi Zombie. Japanese fans were so outraged when this was revealed on the internet by players in other countries, that the game was never released in Japan. Princess Kenny's villainous turn was even nominated for "Anime Disgrace of the Year" by Okama Weekly magazine, but lost to the inexplicably female and heroic version of Friegue the Clone Overlord from that year's Chinpokomon movie.
- Adipose Rex: The Wizard King is really quite chubby. He's also a king who happens to be a wizard (not an actual king of wizards), specifically the King of Kupa Keep.
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles:
- Badass: The Wizard King. He's just THAT awesome. He kicks so much ass that it must be seen to be believed. His bad-ass magical antics are the reason people watch the show, not for some shitty little squishy anime girl who can be killed just by farting on her balls.
- Bad Future: The episode where Kenny turns evil and becomes Nazi Zombie Princess Kenny, which effectively forces the Wizard King and his Heroic Mime sidekick to take over the hero role.
- Banned in Canada: The Royal Canadian Ministry of Censorship has banned Princess Kenny in their country for encouraging pedophilia, for the delirious effect that Princess Kenny's excessive cuteness has on viewers, and because Scott the Dick personally hates the show (he's a dick).
- Despite this, Canadian comedy duo Terrance and Phillip watched the show when traveling to Japan. The two found it unintentionally hilarious even though it's the opposite of typical Canadian fart-based humor, and parodied it in their TV special "Terrance and Phillip in: Japanopedophiles!". Phillip also noted that the Princess reminded them of one of their American fans.
- Bash Brothers: In the Professor Chaos episode, Princess Kenny does this with the ninja Bulrog who is actually the Wizard King in disguise to defeat Professor Chaos.
- She didn't need to though, because Bulrog is sweet and kewl. He could use his kick ass sai to beat Professor Chaos easily.
- Big Bad: The Wizard King tries to be this, when the true threat is Bill Gates.
- Big Bad Wannabe: The Wizard King in the first season; he's working for Microsoft, but clearly wants to be the one in charge. After his Heel-Face Turn, it turns out that Bill Gates is a bigger threat, especially after the Wizard King realizes that supporting Microsoft isn't worth all the evil he's been doing. Which means he's a good character with lots of development, right?
- Big Good: Kazuo Hirai, CEO of Sony. Unfortunately he gets brutally murdered by Bill Gates.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Just like Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the show uses its cute girl protagonist to lull viewers into a false sense of security, making them think they've stumbled across a quirky (albeit bizarrely sexual and comically violent) Magical Girl series. Then Bill Gates has Steve Ballmer murdered...
- Cross-Dressing Voices: All female characters in the show (including Kenny herself) are voiced by male seiyuu.
- Cross Over: One episode features Professor Chaos as a villain. Princess Kenny makes short work of him at the end of the episode.
- But I don't want to be part of a scary pervy anime for scary perverts who like collecting creepy sex toys...
- Shut up Butters. You suck.
- Cuteness Proximity: Anyone close enough to Kenny immediately falls in love with her cuteness. Except for the Wizard King because he knows better than to want to go fuck a tranny.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Princess Kenny uses this to gain the upper hand in battle via Show Some Leg.
- Ear Worm: The theme song. It is the most kawaii thing you will ever see.
- Eldritch Abomination: Microsoft Sam, the interdimensional cyborg tentacle monster summoned by the Wizard King to destroy Sony forever.
- Enemy Mine: In the tie-in videogame, Princess Kenny and the Wizard King work together to battle a new foe; however, the same game infamously turns Kenny into a villain. They also did this in the Professor Chaos episode, although the Wizard King was disguised as the ninja Bulrog.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Wizard King is the best and most popular character in the show. Don't you deny it unless you want me - errr, him - to tear you a new one.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Pretty obvious from the title. This is presumably why Kenny wants to be accepted as a princess rather than just a lady.
- Evil Is Kewl: The Wizard King is so undeniably kewl. Goes without saying.
- Faux Affably Evil: Bill Gates is quite polite and mild-mannered, which is a facade for his completely evil, backstabbing, treacherous ways.
- Fetish Retardant: I'm frankly sick of this and I'm not even spoilering this shit. "Princess" Kenny is a FUCKING. TEN. YEAR. OLD. BOY. I gave him a chance and even played along for a bit, but this page is the stupidest and most painful thing to exist on this site. Maybe even the whole Internet. Oh wait, there's furry murder diaper scat porn.
- Freud Was Right: The Sony cargo ship captain proclaiming "Idiot! This is an amazing dick!" in the pilot episode.
- Fricking Laser Beams: In the form of rainbows.
- Friend to All Living Things: Princess Kenny can command rats and unicorns to attack her foes. Sometimes she isn't careful enough, and the animals kill her too. Then, of course, she just gets up and shouts "Princessu Kenny daijobu dayo!" with her trademark V Sign.
- Gender-Blender Name: Hey, "Kenny" is a boy's name, right? That must be a sign of... how quirky this Widget Series really is.
- Gratuitous English: Aside from the English-speaking Wizard King, this trope is very common in this series; for example, the title itself is "Princess Kenny" rather than "Kenny-hime", and characters often pepper their speech with English expressions such as "neck-and-neck" and "wedding invitation". We have no idea why.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: The titular princess; she has long, gorgeous blonde hair and easily the cutest, kindest and most-exploited character in the show. Since she appears to have a parka hood underneath, fans don't know whether her hair is supposed to be a wig or if it's just part of her strange character design.
- Kaiju: A recurring theme for the Monster of the Week. The most infamous is Microsoft Sam, but there are also others:
- Kamehame Hadoken: Princess Kenny can shoot rainbows out of her hands in this way.
- Knight of Cerebus:
- Satya Nadella, the currently teased Big Bad for Season 2. The creators have stated that Princess Kenny will take a much darker and tragic turn when he shows up, and things aren't looking good with the leaked footage of him killing the Bard in cold blood. And unlike our lovable heroine, the Bard's unlikely to ever come back...
- Even in the first season, Bill Gates became this early on when he murdered Steve Ballmer.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Kenny is one of the Les Yay variety; apart from Captain Falcon, she shows little interest in the men who fall in love with her.
- Lucky Charms Title: The Japanese title has a heart symbol in it.
- Kawaisa: Guess who.
- Magical Girl: Princess Kenny is one.
- Mmmfmmm Kmmmmfmmmmf MfmmmmmmfTrope Translation : Prmmmfmmmm Kfffmmmmm mfmmf fmm fmm fmmfmmfmm fmmmtttfmmmmm mfmmfffrfmmm. Ffmmmmfmmm mfmmmfmtttfmmmmm mmmfmmfffbrfmmmmmmmmrmfmmmmmmm. Dmmd, mmfmmfmmm tfmmmmmm rfmmmmmmnfmmmmm.Translation
- Moe: While moe is a signature aspect of Princess Kenny, Kenny herself is the only character who actually qualifies. Much of the show revolves around how she uses this trait of hers to accomplish her goals and make friends.
- Moral Event Horizon: Bill Gates ordering the death of Only Sane Man Steve Ballmer just to become Emperor of Microsoft, and he gets much worse from there.
- Ms. Fanservice: Even though she's a prepubescent girl, Kenny was designed to be this. Consequently, she's topped most "sexiest female character" polls run by Japanese anime magazines since 2014.
- No Export for You: Every single Princess Kenny video game ever has only been released in Japan for the Play Station Vita. There are no plans to sell any of them outside of Japan, ever. Except for one.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Oddly enough, Kenny herself. Unlike the other characters, who have pretty standard anime designs, Kenny is short and stubby, has no visible nose or mouth, and appears to be wearing some orange parka-like garment under her dress.
- Mm nmm nmmt fmmkmmng tmmkmmg phmmprkfmmmmmfff wmmmfpmmm Fmmdmffmmm mmmf Fphmmfmmmf. Smmfmmm mmmmsfmmmfmmm wmmmfmfmmmtmmm.Translation
- MumblingPerv, please no off-topic discussion. Thanks for troping!
- Our Dragons Are Different: Kenny is actually the proud "mother" of three dragons. The largest and fiercest dragon, "Differently Colored Lizardon", is an obvious parody of the Chinpokomon Draspergon.Completely False Explanation
- Pokémon Speak:
- Product Placement: The entire show has been accused at times of being a 22-minute Sony commercial meant to expand their market to Lolicons. The Captain Falcon episode suggests otherwise.
- Seinen: Despite the main character's Tastes Like Diabetes design, the show's demographic is specifically 40-year-old men who like little anime girls. Taken even further with the extremely popular Princess Kenny blow-up dolls that are sold in Japan, which tend to explode after one use and then re-appear perfectly intact the next day.
- Super Cute Superpowers: Kenny is made of this trope, from her Cuteness Proximity ability to her tendency to attack with rainbows and unicorns.
- Super Mode:
- Surprisingly Good English: The show has only been released in Japanese, but the Wizard King speaks entirely in perfect English. Oddly, his English is better than the Japanese spoken by most of the characters. Which must mean he's smarter.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "Kawaii Purinsesu Kenni-chan Korosu"Translation , the opening theme by J-pop superstar Ami Kosaka, sounds an awful lot like "Dilemma" by Nelly feat. Kelly Rowland.
- Take That: The series is quite towards vitriolic towards Chinpokomon, largely due to its Merchandise-Driven nature and subliminal messaging, though some references to the franchise approach Affectionate Parody at times.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Subverted Once an Episode. Kenny dies in some brutal manner, only to come back to life while giving a V Sign and shouting her Catch Phrase, "Purincessu Kenni daijobu dayo!" ("Princess Kenny is fine!")
- Transformation Trinket: Kenny's Sony Princess Box.
- WHAM Episode: The final episode, where Captain Falcon appears, falls in love with Kenny, and impresses her by destroying the Sony and Microsoft headquarters with a Falcon Punch. She agrees to defect to the side of Nintendo and help sell the Wii U together with her new true love.
- Prmmmfmmmm Kfffmmmmm fmmmf Smmmfmmm 4!Translation
- MumblingPerv, please no non-sequitur mentions of your crossover fantasies with other works on trope pages. Thanks for troping!
- Coincidentally, Nintendo would acknowledge the crossover by giving Zelda a palette swap◊ in the fourth Super Smash Bros. game inspired by Princess Kenny.
- Mmmfmmm sfphmmmmnmmm Smmmfmmm?Translation WOO-HOO!
- MumblingPerv, we already told you, please no non-sequitur mentions of your crossover fantasies with other works on trope pages. Thanks for troping!
- Widget Series: This is an anime about a parka-wearing Magical Girl princess with no visible nose or mouth whose entire purpose is to help an electronics company sell more video game consoles than its rivals, all while fighting all sorts of monsters and American wizards. And that's not getting into the "happenings" that pop up every now and then...
Kenny: MMMMPHMMMMM! FMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! (gets eaten by sharks)