Funny: The Looney Tunes Show
- If you've seen the episode in question, please do something about the zero-context examples!
- Generally, Daffy's complete ineptitude in paying attention to what he's talking about results in some very hilarious moments. There's his Digging Yourself Deeper moments, his off-tangent description of a "cheer-leader cleaning lady", and the "tomato-tomAto" conversation in "Casa de Calma", to name a few.
Daffy (mid-rant): Now! Will somebody please tell me what I was talking about!?Bugs: Beats me. I stopped listening after "robots eat breakfast burritos."
Season 1101 — Best Friends
- Bugs sarcastically telling Superman's origin as his own to get Daffy's attention. It backfires, hilariously.
- Doubles as a mild moment of awesome with the use of imagery and John Williams music from the 1978 film.
- And afterwards:
Bugs: No, you maroon! That's the story of Superman!Daffy: Who's Superman?Bugs: I can't believe I hitched my wagon to you.Daffy: You have a wagon?Bugs: Daffy! Concentrate! (Daffy gazes determinedly into space) On me!Daffy: Oh, sorry, Superman.
- Daffy's 'Best Friend' speech, which Mac and Tosh enthusiastically agree with:
Daffy: "A best friend is someone you would commit a crime for!"Mac: "Any crime!"Tosh: "No matter how heinous!"Daffy: "The heinouser, the better!"
- Bugs' date with Lola.
- "And now, your feature presentation".
- Arguably, Bugs' reaction to being kissed on both sides of his face by Pepe. Considering this is the same rabbit who used his famous cross dressing gag earlier in that same episode...
- Bugs genuinely loving life in prison is hilarious, as is his casual attitude to everything — especially when contrasted against Daffy's increasing despair.
- The moment that started a snowballing Running Gag (and meme):
Daffy: Someday this country will send a man to the moon!Bugs: That already happened.Daffy (gazing at his own hands in awe): Am I... a wizard?
- Yosemite Sam sings Cheap Trick's "The Flame" on karaoke. See and hear for yourself.
- THIS◊ image of Henery Hawk during "Chickenhawk". Just look at it.
- Yosemite Sam, unaware that Daffy and Bugs are fighting over whether they should throw him out, intercedes and gets carried away by emotion:
Sam: We're like brothers! Or fathers!... Nah, we're like brothers.
- In trying to convince Gossamer to pick a talent (besides singing) for the talent show, he somehow accidentally causes a fire in Bugs' house. They leave, and the next scene changes to firemen putting it out as Bugs drives in and exclaims "MY HOUSE!"
- Daffy warns Gossamer that elementary school is a jungle, and flashes back to 'Jailbird and Jailbunny':
Daffy: School is a lot like prison. I should know, I've been to both.
- Daffy trying to get Gossamer to flee the country as beloved baseball player Fernando Valenzuela. ...along with "his fake phone number, in case of an emergency."
- Daffy's attempt to tackle Gossamer.
- Hypocritical Humor at its finest:
- Gossamer: *playing football by himself* Go open! Go long! *throws football* Interception! *runs back* Touchdown! We did it! Yaaaay!Daffy: *looking out the window while playing cards* Pathetic. Playing all by yourself. Get some friends, kid! *puts down all his chips* I'm all in. *camera pans out to the table; Daffy scoots over to the other side where there is no one there* Fold. Hmph! *pushes table over* I'm never playing with you again!
- "The Reunion" has quite a few:
- Trying to come up with the most impressive lie he can in order to impress the people at his high school reunion, Daffy dons a variety of costumes while trying out various lies. The best being "I'm Batman."
- The opening of the episode with Daffy stealing someone else's mail.
"Restraining order, bill, invitation to my high school reunion, restraining order."
- Daffy runs into Pete and Marvin at the reunion and asks what they've been up to since.
Marvin: I have spent every moment since graduation plotting to destroy the Earth!
Daffy: Well, I hope you have better luck with that than I did.
- "You want me to go to my reunion and lie about my accomplishments? That's a horrible idea! I'm lying. It's a great idea! Or is that the lie?"
- In Casa De Calma, after Daffy has driven a golf cart into the lake, we get this priceless quip:
- Also in Casa De Calma, after one too many Amusing Injuries trying to attract Starlet Johansson's attention, only for her to not even notice him, Daffy screams:
Daffy: Point your looking-balls at your future ex-husband, you dumb famous actress!
Daffy: HEY GOOD LOOKIN', WHAT'S--COOKIN'? 'CAUSE IT SMELLS LIKE YOU'RE STIRRIN' UP SOME--LOVE STEW! YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK YOU SHOULD DO?--I'LL TELL YOU RIGHT AFTER THE BOAT--TURNS AROUND--I THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE ME--A GREAT BIG--GLASS OF GINGER ALE BECAUSE I'M--GETTING SICK FROM GOING BACK--AND FORTH--BLAUGH!--WAUGH!--BLAUGH! Urghhhh...
- Before that, we have this:
- Any moment Pete Puma is on-screen.
- Taz chasing Sylvester and Tweety, while the oblivious Daffy goes on his "cheering maid" rant.
- "You want me to take guitar lessons?"
- Any of the moments between Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn while filming the Foghorn Leghorn story.
Daffy: So, basically, you say "I say, I say" a lot. Got it. See you on the set.Daffy: I'm crying so hard!
- The little exchange when Daffy arrives at Granny's house.
- Granny: We're going to clean out my attic.Daffy: Clean out your attic? What's romantic about that?Granny: I'm a 90 year old woman. Get your mind out of the gutter.
- "I hate to tell you, lady, but you're still a WAAC".
- "Did you fall to your death? You fell to your death, didn't you?!"
- Bugs and Lola's date in Paris.
- Lola in Paris.
Lola: (in front of the Eiffel Tower) Stonehenge. One of the oldest structures in the world.Bugs: Lola...Lola: Was it the druids who built it, or aliens, hmm? The world will never know.Bugs: It's the Eiffel Tower.Lola: The world... will never... know.
- "Can you at least tell me if you're a boy or a girl?" [...] "Huh. I was wrong."
- The We Are in Love music video, especially when Bugs does things like knock Lola off his car with the windscreen wipers.
- The Stinger in "Peel of Fortune", in which Daffy goes back in time to throw toilet paper at some cavemen.
- Daffy's bounced check and his fake money.
Daffy: "Don't try to use that money; you could get arrested."
- Lola in Daffy's room:
- Lola (w/ disturbed smile): "Not every girl is as stable as me." (slowly crushes soda can against her forehead without changing expression or flinching).
- Preceded by Daffy's towel dropping when he sees Lola in his bedroom. And then he hauls it up around his chest.
- Bugs's reaction to all the episode's tension suddenly defusing itself in four seconds.
...what just happened?
- Marvin's musical interlude: "Be polite...or I'll vaporize you."
- When Daffy realizes he's won a free romantic dinner for two, he invites Bugs. When Bugs points out that Daffy just described a date, Daffy decides to call Porky. And Porky's delighted. Then Bugs suggests that Daffy invite a woman, putting the main plot in motion. The stinger's a callback, with the double-daters returning from the restaurant only to find Porky sitting out in front of Bugs and Daffy's house with a bouquet.
Porky: Th-there you are! W-what happened t-to dinner!?Tina: Uh, I think I ate your dinner, porky.Porky (who's never met her): H-h-how do you know m-my name?Tina: I didn't. It was more of a description.
- Daffy assigning his bowling team their "weekly nicknames."
Daffy: Porky? Your nickname tonight... The Porkinator!*types up the name, the scoreboard, limited to three-letter names, lists Player 1 as "THE"*Daffy: Pete? Your nickname... The Peteinator!*types up the name, and the scoreboard lists Player 2 as "THE"*Pete: Ooooh, I like it!
Porky: Uh... D-Duh-Duh-Daffy?
Daffy: Hold on. Marvin? Your nickname...
Marvin: The Marvinator?!
Daffy: Nope! The, uh.. uh... okay, yeah! The Marvinator!*types up the name, and the scoreboard lists Player 3 as, what else, "THE"*Porky: Duh-Daffy?
Daffy: I said hold on, The Porkinator. And finally, since I am the team captain, my nickname will be... The Grand Poobah! — Wait! Make that — Poohah the Grand!*types up the name, and the scoreboard lists Player 4 as "POO"**beat*Daffy: Porky, I changed my mind. You're Player 4.
- Daffy's holiday celebrations. In particular how he celebrates Columbus Day, by releasing dozens of rats all over the neighborhood.
- The SLAP FIGHT.
- Yosemite Sam's speech after Daffy's first accusation, he counts his reasons with his fingers and toes, having Four-Fingered Hands and all.
- And of course, the dinner/apology party, complete with Daffy calling out Bugs about the insanity of "carrot pie". And Daffy's inability to say "sorry".
- Bugs (amazed): Did you just say you're "SOLLY"?!?
- And this gem:
- *after finding out Daffy never reads the paper, but uses them to make a paper mache parade float for his car*Bugs: What parade are you in?Daffy: I'm not in a parade. I AM THE PARADE.Bugs: What did your parents do to you?
- Daffy gets some great lines.
Sorry, you just have such a slappable face.Here (hands Bugs a toilet from out of nowhere) Take this home for me. It's a really good toilet.
- It's actually a callback to Daffy's indignant reaction to the plastic surgeon having a key to the public washroom.
Daffy: What do you think I'm gonna do? Steal your toilet?
- It's actually a callback to Daffy's indignant reaction to the plastic surgeon having a key to the public washroom.
- Bugs pestering Porky in his work cubicle
Porky: Bugs? What are you doing here?Bugs: Oh, I was gonna push Daffy off the roof.Porky: (perplexed look)
- As Bugs and Daffy are leaving the office building via elevator
Daffy: Why didn't you tell me I have a bump on my beak?Bugs: I never noticed a bump.Daffy: Do not patronize me. If there's something wrong with me, then you owe it to me, as my best friend, to tell me.Bugs: All right. You're narcissist. You're a sociopath. You're probably a psychopath. You're a...(elevator door closes, reopens on the bottom floor)...You're paranoid, sexist, and you make fun of the elderly.Daffy: Those are just quirks! Endearing quirks!
- When Daffy is forced to leave a movie theater, because Tina's baby nephew is bothering the other patrons, he decides to spoil the movie's ending before leaving.
Daffy: Lt. Riggs doesn't make it! He never sees Barbara again!
- Which could also count as a CMOA for Daffy, showing how much he cares for that kid.
- Daffy took his role as general in charge of pizza seriously. To put things in perspective, he delivered pizzas WITH A TANK.
- When Daffy thought he was a wizard. This is then given a nice Call Back in a song with his adventures as a wizard.
Famished from his latest quest, the wizard seeks a snaaaaackHe sets sail for ecstasy at the Quesadilla SHAAAAAAAAACKHE'S THE WIZAAAAAARD!!!!! *cue guitar roll*
- Lola is terrible at consoling people.
Lola: Oh... you don't have a license? Be strong. I've been there. But I'm not anymore! Woo hooooo!
- Bugs' panic attack from the beginning of "Off Duty Cop".
Bugs: Syracuse?! That's a basketball school. (tears his doctor's degree in half).
- Daffy has decided to live his dream - no, not the wizard one! The one where he's a cop. An off-duty cop. Just like the one on TV!
Daffy (to his 'chauffeur' Porky): No! Park illegally!(Porky double-parks)Daffy: No! More illegally! Like you don't have time for the rules!(Porky rolls the car up onto the sidewalk)
- Porky's usual No Respect Guy status saves him when Bugs and Daffy are being dragged off to jail:
Policeman: Impersonating a chauffeur isn't illegal. Sad, but not illegal.
- The Pizzariba song starts out as another by the numbers Merrie Melody, but becomes hilarious at the end with Speedy's cousin's failed attempt at making a website for the restaurant.
- The entire song President's Day.
- Speedy's infatuation to Bugs in drag in "Beauty School". Also a Running Gag in the episode of Bugs being ugly as a woman, could be a Call Back from the second episode.
- The song "Giant Robot Love", in which Daffy utterly fails to describe falling in love. Porky is rightly confused. Something about robots, and the undersea merman-mall, and... Look, it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be funny.
- The catastrophic destruction of Daffy's parade float.
- In "The Shelf" Bugs attempt to put up a shelf and fix his wall results in him destroying his house.
- Sylvester and the laser pointer.
Season 2201 — Bobcats on Three!
- The Spoof Aesop in the episode:
Daffy: Seeing you kids have fun out there, despite what the scoreboard said taught me a lesson that I will carry with me for the rest of my life: water polo is stupid. I mean outside of these dummies who are probably your parents, no one really cares about this sport. It'd be one thing if this had been football, or basketball, or even baseball, but it's not, it's only water polo. So go out there with your heads held high because no one cares about water polo!
- Granny socking Daffy in the stomach.
- Daffy and Porky breaking into Tina's apartment trying to delete Daffy's email:
(throws Porky through the window).
- Daffy and Lola team up to find Tosh, who has gone missing. Lola tries to draw his picture on a reward flyer, but ends up drawing Speedy.
Lola: "We should offer a reward."Daffy: "Good idea! But what kind of price can you put on a human life?" (beat) "What am I talking about? He's a gopher! Put down five bucks."
- Just before that:
Yosemite: Alright, gophers, gimme my five dollars!Speedy: I told you I'm not a gopher!
- At the end, Yosemite Sam captures Speedy and demands Tosh and Mac his reward:
- After Daffy and Lola got out from a mail box that they went inside to find Tosh:
Daffy: What do we know?Lola: We know climbing inside a mail box is against the law.Daffy: What else?Lola: Uh, the fire department is not happy when they have to use the Jaws of Life to pry you out from a mail box.Daffy: What else?Lola: The city said you have to pay to replace the mail box or do 1100 hours of community service.Daffy: What else?Lola: Tosh has been missing for 28 minutes and we still haven't found him.Daffy: Oh right, the gopher. I totally forgot about that whole situation.
- The entire pastiche of Rebel Without a Glove, from Lola's melodrama to Thugs Bunny and Professor Duck. Special note goes to Bugs and Daffy playing their "roles" as straight as possible, and Porky's incredulous reaction during the cheesy, cheesy dialogue of the after-school scene before he storms off with their clothes, muttering to himself.
Bugs: I learned a lot in there today.Daffy: Well you got a bright future. And don't ever let anyone tell you different.Bugs: Thanks again, Professor.Daffy: Hey. You promise me you'll keep up with your studies.Porky: He doesn't even go to school here!Bugs: You promise me you'll keep making a difference.Porky: He's not a real professor!Daffy: You know, it's funny. You dedicate your whole life to academia, but you never imagine one day a student will walk into your class and teach you the greatest lesson of all.Bugs: Trust.Daffy: Trust.Porky: Who are you guys?!(Porky takes Bugs and Daffy's clothes off and walks away)Porky: (walking away, to himself) Trust? What are they talking about?
- While music plays in the background during Bugs and Daffy's talk, the music would stop when Porky interrupts.
- The scene at Lola's house, from her mother's Aside Glance when Lola puts her shirt made of coins in the dryer to Lola's dramatic confrontation with her father.
Lola: But Daddy, I love him!Lola's Father: silent GASP!
- When Daffy thinks Bugs is kicking him out of the house so that Lola can move in... he joins the Marine Corps while apparently not understanding what he just signed up for.
- When Bugs explains that a customer service representative is someone who's job is to make people miserable...
Daffy: You mean you can get paid to make peoples' lives miserable? I've been doing it all this time for free!
- The revelation that the thief of Daffy's handbag was Mall Security taking it to the lost and found.
- As soon as Bugs realises he forgot his and Lola's anniversary, he drives home, tackles Daffy, takes his clutch, and drives back and gives it to Lola.
- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH-I say, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"
- Christmas Wraith. That is all.
- There's an unexpected Shout-Out to how Daffy's bill would constantly be blasted off in the original cartoons: Upon learning that Daffy can't swim, a frustrated Porky asks Daffy if he's really a duck. Daffy says "I'm not sure. This comes off very easily," and casually pulls his bill off to hold in his hand.
- Followed by the bear appearing, and Daffy's bill screaming while still in his hand.
- Bug's expression when Lola mentions she went to medical school.
- When Daffy tells Speedy that Yosemite is suing him and he'll see him in court, Speedy tells Daffy that he's not a real lawyer but Daffy tells him to tell it to the judge. So when they go to court...
Judge: We will now hear opening statements of the case of "Samuel Rosenbaum v. Speedy Gonzales, proprietor of Pizzarriba". Mr. Duck you must proceed.
Daffy: Thank you your honor. The evidences that I will present to you today will prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this gentleman, "Speedy Gonzales", knowingly and willfully served my client dangerously hot pizza. With no warning and no regards to the physical and emotional trauma that follows. I will prove that Mr. Gonzales carelessness was no accident, but instead the direct result of his endless need for speed. We will show you that had Mr. Gonzales simply taken more time between the oven and the table to allow the pizza to cool then this senseless tragedy could have been avoided. Ladies and gentleman of jury, Mr. Gonzales likes to brag that he's the fastest mouse in all of Mexico but this is America and in America speed can kill. Or in this case, burn. Thank you, your honor.
Judge: Mr. Gonzales.
Speedy: Uh, yeah, he's not a real lawyer.
Judge: Hmm. Well, then this case is dismiss.
Daffy: Well, that was fast. I didn't even have time to get business cards printed.
Yosemite: What about my million dollars. (to Daffy) Why didn't you tell me you weren't a real lawyer.
(Yosemite jumps on Daffy and beats him up)
Judge: (to the bailiff) Get them out of my courtroom.
Speedy: (to Daffy and Yosemite) Tsk tsk tsk, gringos.
- Also Speedy's expression during the trial.
- Daffy's explanation for why he's pretending to be a lawyer:
Daffy: "Tina, every father wants his daughter to end up with either a doctor or a lawyer, and I couldn't pretend to be a doctor. Last time I tried that, I nearly killed someone."
- Daffy and Porky decide to go streaking in a small Mexican town. Porky just takes off his shirt and bow tie and Daffy just takes off his necklace. While they streak, the people in town were confused on what they were doing considering they barely wore clothes in the first place. Daffy had to spell it out that they were streaking which terrified everyone which resulted in them getting arrested and thrown in jail.
- Daffy's numerous failed attempts at his commercial auditions.
- Daffy's horrible piano playing in "The Grand Old Duck of York". It's so bad, Tweety just walks into Sylvester's mouth to escape it.
- Pretty much every scene with the Three Bears.
- This exchange:
Sylvester: You know, at times like this, I wonder why we ever fought at all.
Tweety: Well — it usuawwy as a wot to do with you twyin' to eat me, an' me twyin' not to be eaten.
Sylvester: Yeah, I can't remember either.
- While being threatened by Cecil Turtle, who is armed with a gun, Bugs only has a mild (and hilarious) look of annoyance.
- Bugs' encounter with Wile E Coyote And The Roadrunner in the desert.
- Daffy just casually hanging out in a doctor's waiting room to read.
Bugs: What are you doing here?
Daffy: Reading. My subscription ran out.
Bugs: So you come to a doctor's office?!
Daffy: No, I come to a doctor's office waiting room. It's very pleasant. Fish tank, classical music... very nice!
Delivery Boy: *entering* Someone order Chinese food?
Daffy: Right here!
- "YOU WANNA FIGHT?! ... Uh-oh. He wants a fight."
- Family Theme Naming of Yosemite, Daffy, and Porky's family members.
- Daffy wanting to be called Mr. Wiener, leading to several Stealth Insult.
Speedy: I already called you that. And a lot worse.
- After Daffy gets stripped from his title for cheating and he can't call himself Mr. Wiener:
Bugs: I'll call you Mr. Wiener.
Daffy: Thanks. That's why your my best friend.
- After Daffy gets stripped from his title for cheating and he can't call himself Mr. Wiener:
- Everybody's reaction to seeing Daffy floating away when he fills himself with helium.
- The song "Long-Eared Drifter". Especially the way the singer sings "Yogurt parfait" and "carrot nibblers".
- Daffy recounting how he and Bugs met, which turns out to be a based on a Show Within a Show Daffy watches. Bugs bluntly tells Rodney that he and Daffy really met casually at the post office.
Bugs: And after that, he just never went away.