Characters: Transformers: War for Cybertron
- An Axe to Grind: Carries one that's almost as big as he is.
- Badass: He's Optimus Prime, after all.
- Benevolent Boss
- Blood Knight: More or less admits he thinks being surrounded by enemies in the middle of their prison to be a good thing.
- Big Good: After Zeta Prime goes down.
- Though to be honest, he was already this even before Zeta Prime's death due to Zeta's questionable methods, disregard for his own men's lives, general arrogance, and mild incompetence.
- The Captain
- The Hero: Main character and all that.
- Humble Hero: Very much so. So much so that he refused to take command of the Autobots when everyone else around him knew he would be the perfect choice for the job. And only accepts when he is left with no other choice but to assume command .
- The Leader: Type IV; he leads by example and by being one of the most levelheaded, sensible, and honorable of the Autobots gaining their respect and undying loyalty through his sheer strength of will, determination and genuine love and care for his comrades.
- Nerves of Steel: No matter how dangerous or dire the situation. No matter how grim things may look, he never loses his cool and always remains calm and levelheaded.
- Nice Guy: He wouldn't be Optimus Prime if he wasn't this.
- The Stoic
- Time to Step Up, Commander: Most of the Autobots soldiery wanted him to go Prime, but he was too humble to go for it.
- You Are in Command Now: Is given full leadership of the Autobots by the council after the death of Zeta Prime.
Voiced by: Scott White
Leader of the Decepticons, aimed at conquering Cybertron and doing what he views is returning the planet to its golden age. He's clearly out of his mind, stating that no cost is too high and he feels that anything that doesn't at least stay out of his way must die.
- Arm Cannon: His default weapon.
- Asskicking Equals Authority / Authority Equals Asskicking: He fought his way to his command through the gladiator pits and consistently proves himself to be the most combat-savvy of the Decepticons.
- Badass: As leader of the Decepticons, this is to be expected.
- Bad Boss: To the regular Decepticon soldiers, if they dare protest. If the named officers complain or try to suggest a less suicidal alternative, though, he'll tell them to shut up.
"Unacceptable! They should be victorious, or dead!"
- Berserk Button: Tell him that his plan is nuts. Best case, you get off with a warning. Worst case, you get shot.
- Big Bad
- BFG: His default weapons.
- Carry a Big Stick
- Catch Phrase: "I shall not be denied!"
- Determinator: Protest as to the otherwise absolutely suicidal nature of the current mission, he will roar for the course to be stayed. Even if it means ramming a frigate right into a space station, while he's on the bridge.
- Deadpan Snarker: Breakdown seems to have a particular gift for bringing it out of him.
Megatron: Into the tunnels, Decepticons, and try not to get crushed by the trains.
- Evil Laugh: Reserved for the right occasions, but he does it.
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Guttural Growler
- Large Ham: Only Zeta Prime could possibly equal him.
- Necessary Evil: What he views himself as.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Tank Goodness: His altmode.
- The Unfought: Not only is he not fought in the Autobot campaign, he and Optimus never actually meet in person.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Views his victory as the start of a grand new age. Anybody that doesn't follow him thinks otherwise.
- Villainous Valor: One of the main reason the Decepticons are loyal to him despite being a Bad Boss, he's not afraid to do anything he'd order them to do himself, probably part of why his men running from a fight ticks him off so much.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Assumes that key Zeta Prime was holding the Iacon vault was the Omega Key. Turns out it was just a signal to activate the real one, Omega Supreme.
Voiced by Isaac Singleton Jr.
Voiced by: Graham McTavish
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite his nerves and whining, he's fast and a competent soldier otherwise.
- Butt Monkey: Megatron snarks and yells at him the most. If only because he's the only one that doesn't get executed for back talk.
- Cowardly Lion: He's always complaining about Megatron's suicidal plans, but he's still up there with him at the front.
- Deadpan Snarker