Kamen Rider Dragon Knight / Kamen Rider Onyx
Names: Kit Taylor, Adam
Advent Beast: Dragreder the dragon (Dragranzer in Survive Mode), Dragblacker the dragon
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Ryuga
- In the year since Kit's dad mysteriously vanished, Kit has gained a reputation as a criminal (which he claims is completely undeserved). He appears to have stumbled into the Rider war completely by accident. While he genuinely wants to help out, one of his first priorities is trying to find and help his dad. It turns out his criminal record and his dad's disappearance were set up by Xaviax. After Kit rejected Xaviax's manipulation and joined forces with Wing Knight, Xaviax eventually succeeded in sending Kit to the Advent Void. Xaviax took the Dragon Deck as a prize, but Kit got a replacement deck from Eubulon after being pulled back into the real world and became Kamen Rider Onyx.
- Adam was one of the Ventaran Kamen Riders, but became tired of the job. When one of Xaviax's race approached him and offered to release the Advent Deck's DNA lock, he jumped at the chance, only to realize too late it was Xaviax. Late in the invasion of Earth, Xaviax, running out of options, gave the reclaimed Dragon Deck back to Adam and ordered him to become a Heel Face Mole to the returning Ventaran Riders.
Tropes associated with Kit Taylor/Kamen Rider Dragon Knight/ Kamen Rider Onyx
- Adaptational Heroism: In Kamen Rider Ryuki, Onyx's counterpart Ryuga was the Big Bad of The Movie. In Dragon Knight, Onyx is only evil in Kit's dreams, when Kit finally becomes him, he's still a hero.
- Dark Is Not Evil: As Onyx
- Cool Bike: His 600 Suzuki Katana, which transforms into his Dragon Cycle, the Adventcycle (a generic motorcycle for all the riders), and Dragredder transforms into one.
- Cool Sword: His Sword Vent.
- Disappeared Dad: Kit's main motive at first is to find out what happened to his dad. He later discovers his father was rendered into a vegetative state due to Xaviax's schemes, something the alien general and Strike are fond of using to manipulate him with.
- Dragon Knight
- Evil Costume Switch: Subverted with a vengeance. After a series of nightmares lead him to believe that Onyx is some kind of dark force threatening to possess him, Kit takes up the mantle of Onyx while Adam uses the Dragon Knight armor until the end of the series.
- Oddly enough Len states that all the Riders have those nightmares because it's actually the ADVENT BEAST trying to take over the Rider it's bonded with!!
- The Hero
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
- Kill It with Fire: His Advent Beast's main mode of attack
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: Guard Vent
- My God, What Have I Done?: His reaction after venting Spear.
- Na´ve Newcomer: But he does get legitimately more badass as time goes on.
- Our Hero Is Dead: Gets vented in episode 31. But the next episode is the one where his friends find the guy who can get people out of the Advent Void.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: "This is for Chris..."
- Superpowered Evil Side: Kit believes Onyx to be this at first. Subverted when the Onyx deck turns out to just be an unfinished prototype deck that's no more evil than his familiar Dragon Knight deck.
- Played partially straight when it's revealed by Len that Onyx is originally a manifestation of Dragreder trying to take control of Kit in his dreams!
Tropes associated with Adam/Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
Kamen Rider Wing Knight
Advent Beast: Black Wing the bat (Black Raider in Survive Mode)
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider KnightLast of the Ventaran Kamen Riders
and Xaviax's number one target. Tries to keep everyone out of the Rider conflict for fear of someone getting hurt, but accepts Kit's help once he's gotten involved.
Tropes associated with Len/ Kamen Rider Wing Knight
- Bat out of Hell
- Big Brother Mentor: To Kit
- Cool Bike: He has 4, his Kawasaki ZX-14 which transforms into his Wing Cycle, his Adventcycle, and Black Wing turns into one for his survive mode Final Vent.
- Cool Sword: His rapier, which doubles as his card-slot. Also his Sword Vent.
- The Chains of Commanding: Len mentions he wasn't that high on the chain of command with the original Ventaran Riders, now he finds himself leading the resistance against Xaviax on Earth.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Expy: Admit it, when you saw this guy, you thought "Hey, it's Batman in a knight costume!"
- Or for those aware, "Hey, it's Knight, the British Batman!" (Yes, that's actual DC Comics canon.)
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Once Kase is vented, Len cuts the crap and goes right for the throat. Strike is practically crapping his pants in fear at that point.
- Supporting Leader
Kamen Rider Incisor
Name: Richie Preston
Advent Beast: Volcancer the crab
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Scissors
A wealthy preppie cut off from his family fortune and told to get a job, he's offered a million-dollar paycheck for each defeated Rider.
Tropes associated with Richie Preston/Kamen Rider Incisor
Kamen Rider Torque
Name: Drew Lansing
Advent Beast: Magnugiga the ox
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Zolda
A scam artist and one of the few on Xaviax's side to be aware of his true plans, recruited to "convince a group of people to wage an all-out war". Tries to turn the various Riders against each other for his own benefit, with... mixed results.
Tropes associated with Drew Lansing/Kamen Rider Torque
Kamen Rider Camo
Name: Grant Staley
Advent Beast: Biogreeza the chameleon
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Verde
Believes he was hired by a private military contractor, and fights for the opportunity to become "the strongest man on two worlds". While specifically sent after Wing Knight, he tends to pick fights with the other Riders as well, not wanting them to steal his glory.
Tropes associated with Grant Staley/Kamen Rider Camo
Kamen Rider Strike
Name: James Trademore (possibly a fake name)
Advent Beast: Venosnaker the cobra (merged with Metalgelas and Evildiver into Cerebeast the chimera)
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Ohja
A wanted hacker well-known in paranormal blog circles as "JTC". Xaviax broke him out of jail, and he uses his new mirror-warping ability to get at any classified secret he wants. He's used his reputation to feed information to Maya and "help" along her own Kamen Rider investigation (and thereby manipulate Kit). As a Rider, he's Xaviax's right-hand man.
Tropes associated with James Trademore/Kamen Rider Strike
- Badass: The fact that he has the highest body count of all Riders and that he's able to hold his own against veteran Riders Wing Knight and Siren speaks volumes about him.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Was one until Xaviax proved him right.
- The Dragon: To Xaviax's Big Bad.
- Fallen Hero: In Maya and Trent's eyes.
- Fusion Dance: His Unite Vent
- Hero Killer: While Torque was undoubtedly an Asshole Victim and Axe was more of an Alas, Poor Villain at best, Sting and Siren, two of the most unambiguously heroic Riders, are sent to the Void by his hands. Thrust, interestingly enough, was disposed of so he wouldn't become one, making Strike effectively a Pre-Hero Killer
- I Fight for the Strongest Side: Joined Xaviax because he believed Xaviax's forces had the best chance of winning the war. In the video game, his story mode has him perform a Heel-Face Turn because he comes to believe the Riders side is stronger (though the story mode still pits him against the good guys).
- The Quisling: He truly believes resistance against Xaviax's invasion is a lost cause and sided with him out of self-preservation. Maya angrilly tells Trent that since he's proven himself to be one of the strongest Riders, he could have easily turned the tides in the heroes' favor.
- Villains Want Mercy: When Wing Knight goes on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge in Survive Mode on him after he vents Siren, Strike resorts to begging for mercy due to how completely Wing Knight is curbstomping him.
Kamen Rider Thrust
Name: Brad Barrett
Advent Beast: Metalgelas the rhino
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Gai
A motocross pro that Xaviax had framed and blacklisted for sabotaging another competitor; he is convinced that he must win in "Battle Club" in order to get the proof that will clear him. He's soon set straight, but that changes nothing - Xaviax is still blackmailing him.
Tropes associated with Brad Barrett/Kamen Rider Thrust
Kamen Rider Sting
Name: Chris Ramirez
Advent Beast: Evildiver the stingray
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Raia
Was to be a fifth-generation US Marine
until getting a medical discharge for advanced asthma. Still desiring to serve his country, he was recruited by a federal agent to help fight the alien invaders - unaware that he was actually fighting for
the aliens. The Knights are able to correct him as to who the bad guys are, but unfortunately, asthma and Toku
superheroics don't mix...
Tropes associated with Chris Ramirez/Kamen Rider Sting
Kamen Riders Axe and Spear
Names: Danny and Albert Cho
Advent Beasts: Destwilder the tiger and Gigazelle the gazelle, respectively
Ryuki Counterparts: Kamen Riders Tiger and Imperer
Two-bit crooks looking for a big score. Xaviax posed as a crime boss to recruit them for "the biggest heist in the history of Earth". After Albert gets vented, Danny becomes dead-set on avenging him.
Tropes associated with Danny and Albert Cho/Kamen Riders Axe and Spear
Kamen Rider Siren
Advent Beast: Blancwing the swan
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Femme
To the surprise of everyone, she's another survivor of Ventara. She's not happy with Kit's involvement at first, but she comes around (and Len wasn't much better at the start anyway).
Tropes associated with Kase/Kamen Rider Siren
Kamen Rider Wrath
Name: Vic Frasier
Advent Beast: Goldphoenix the phoenix
Ryuki Counterpart: Kamen Rider Odin
A construction worker and one of Xaviax's kidnapping victims, and like the rest was drained of energy and put into a catatonic state. Xaviax can control his body to take part in the fight directly.
Tropes associated with Vic Fraiser/Kamen Rider Wrath
The Big Bad
. Is quietly abducting people one by one, until he can create a genetic database big enough to do mass kidnappings and enslave the human race. Something of a Master of Disguise
; while he only has one human form, he's used it to pose as a lawyer, a mercenary, a federal agent, and so on. He's also transformed into Eubulon's human form and even duplicated his Kamen Rider armor, right down to the cards he uses.
An Intrepid Reporter
who writes for a paranormal blog. While investigating the rash of mysterious disappearances and the armored vigilante reports, she briefly is pulled through a mirror, allowing her to see Xaviax's monsters. She teams up with Kit to compare notes and figure out just what's going on. Much later, she temporarily takes Kase's place as Kamen Rider Siren, while Kase is stuck in the Void.
Maya's coworker in the bookstore and the paranormal business. Might or might not have a crush on Maya, which might have contributed to his initial distrust of Kit and the Riders. After getting involved with the Riders, he's given a decision: join the MIBs or go to jail. He chooses the MIBs.
Maya's Valley Girlish
and spunky best friend. At first tolerant of her friend's apparent conspiracy theories
, she becomes increasingly frustrated and concerned as Maya and Trent delve into the Kamen Rider world. She eventually witnesses Riders in person, which unnerves her and leaves her open to manipulation by Michelle, but she ultimately sticks by her friends even though she's still uneasy with all the weirdness.
One of the senior reporters for the blog Maya works for. Generally bitchy and condescending to everyone, she often steals credit for stories and tries to undermine Maya when she won't play along. However, we eventually find that this is a cover, and she's actually a government agent for a top-secret paranormal division called the "No Men". After she successfully gets Maya's intel, the No Men start getting involved in the Rider war, ultimately becoming allies. And Michelle starts reining in her bitchiness, too.
Ryuki Counterpart: Alternative
The Advent Master. The only one with the power to reassign Advent Decks and retrieve defeated Riders from the Advent Void (originally intended to be a safe zone for them, not a prison). Was originally Xaviax's top scientist, but had a Heel-Face Turn
and developed the Riders for Ventara. When defeated in Ventara, he was accidentally sent to Earth instead of the Void. The government secretly kept him in stasis until he could be awakened.